Author Topic: Stock Interceptor vs my free-breathing Interceptor  (Read 18117 times)

Voun

• Camembert électrique
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2021 Interceptor
Reply #90 on: March 28, 2021, 10:55:26 pm
But is there a problem ???

Effektor

• Bulleteer
Reply #91 on: March 28, 2021, 11:15:22 pm
Remember, this is the internet, where everyone is an expert on what everyone else needs. ;D

BC AVIATION

• Bulleteer
Reply #92 on: March 29, 2021, 12:10:26 am
1000cc race bike....1200 cc Bonneville, 1800 cc whatever....2500 cc, 165 HP triumph rocket...200+ hp sport bike...

Blowing out a 650 to 850 is a fun exercise but hardly worth the trouble...

Cookie

What is the solution? Seriously.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #93 on: March 29, 2021, 12:26:55 am
1000cc race bike....1200 cc Bonneville, 1800 cc whatever....2500 cc, 165 HP triumph rocket...200+ hp sport bike...

Cookie

This from a guy who flies planes with NO ENGINE!!! ;) Any power is already too much.

BC AVIATION

• Bulleteer
Reply #94 on: March 29, 2021, 12:37:49 am
LOL....

Yes my glider is faster than my motorcycle....

Made a couple of fast runs yesterday at over 120 MPH...at 6000'  (It can go a LOT faster than that!)

Cookie

This from a guy who flies planes with NO ENGINE!!! ;) Any power is already too much.

Bagonne

• Hudson Valley, NY
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #95 on: March 29, 2021, 02:33:05 am
I think there's a guy here that spent this same amount on suspension upgrades not really understanding what he was getting or why, and then not liking the results. 

Why do we do things?  because we are compelled to do things, and then we die, having done some of those things. 

BC AVIATION

• Bulleteer
Reply #96 on: March 29, 2021, 03:17:44 am
I understood completely....

Cookie

I think there's a guy here that spent this same amount on suspension upgrades not really understanding what he was getting or why, and then not liking the results. 

Why do we do things?  because we are compelled to do things, and then we die, having done some of those things.

Effektor

• Bulleteer
Reply #97 on: March 29, 2021, 03:20:22 am

Cookie
This is what I don't get. None of those things are the same as a punched out Interceptor, so there's no point in even comparing them. Ignoring the more absurd examples, even the 1200 Bonnie is merely "close" to what someone who wants a big bore Interceptor might be looking for. In my case, it wasn't close enough, so I didn't waste money or time on it. Now admittedly, I'll probably never get around to a big bore kit, but it is a heck of a lot more appealing to me than what Triumph has done with the Bonnevilles.

Then of course there is the most glaring issue, the "trouble" is the fun for folks who like to wrench on stuff.

BC AVIATION

• Bulleteer
Reply #98 on: March 29, 2021, 03:22:19 am
Hey if you want to spend a year, and whatever money and get 10 or 20 HP, and you like doing that go for it....I said it is a fun project...(but pointless IMHO)

If you think a 60 HP bike is better than a 47 HP bike, then why not just  buy a 200 HP bike?

If you think a 100 mph bike is too slow, what is a 112 MPH bike doing for you?  Go buy a 186 mph bike!

BC AVIATION

• Bulleteer
Reply #99 on: March 29, 2021, 03:24:43 am
So your INT goes 112, and mine goes 100...ok you win!  Slow and slower compared to "fast" bikes out there....

Cookie

This is what I don't get. None of those things are the same as a punched out Interceptor, so there's no point in even comparing them. Ignoring the more absurd examples, even the 1200 Bonnie is merely "close" to what someone who wants a big bore Interceptor might be looking for. In my case, it wasn't close enough, so I didn't waste money or time on it. Now admittedly, I'll probably never get around to a big bore kit, but it is a heck of a lot more appealing to me than what Triumph has done with the Bonnevilles.

Then of course there is the most glaring issue, the "trouble" is the fun for folks who like to wrench on stuff.

Effektor

• Bulleteer
Reply #100 on: March 29, 2021, 03:29:16 am
So your INT goes 112, and mine goes 100...ok you win!  Slow and slower compared to "fast" bikes out there....

Cookie
You seem to be the only one trying to turn it into a competition, I don't think anyone else cares. I ride my bikes, not yours.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #101 on: March 29, 2021, 04:39:02 am
You seem to be the only one trying to turn it into a competition, I don't think anyone else cares. I ride my bikes, not yours.

Right on.
My mate has spent over $5k hotting up his Grom. Do I think it's a waste of money? Yep (so does he). Do I tell he's wrong? No way. It's his business and it's fun keeping up with his build.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Blazingatom

• Grease Monkey
Reply #102 on: March 29, 2021, 11:05:46 am
Cookie stop being a troll, there are a few members that constantly put down peoples chosen upgrades and say what’s the point.

First off they earned the money so let them do what they want, second imagine how boring the forum would become if everyone rode stock bikes.Thirdly RE have clearly stated they designed the bike from the get go with the idea people would modify it else they would have partnered with S&S and carried out all the collaborations
Military Aircraft Engineer rotarywing and fast jet
Current bike: Conti GT 650
Previous bikes: Aprilia RS50, Cagiva Mito Evo, zx7r, TL1000r featured in PB, zx6r, Fireblade

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #103 on: March 29, 2021, 02:04:22 pm
I can jump in on this because, as an Enfield modder, I have been fielding this question for a decade.

Question:
Why not just buy a faster bike?

Answer:
Because my bike has certain style and characteristics which made me choose it over other bikes, and I want to keep it, but I'd like it to be a bit faster for wahatever reason. Other bikes don't suit my tastes, so they are not candidates just because they happen to have more power.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

CPJS

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #104 on: March 29, 2021, 02:11:08 pm
I can jump in on this because, as an Enfield modder, I have been fielding this question for a decade.

Question:
Why not just buy a faster bike?

Answer:
Because my bike has certain style and characteristics which made me choose it over other bikes, and I want to keep it, but I'd like it to be a bit faster for wahatever reason. Other bikes don't suit my tastes, so they are not candidates just because they happen to have more power.

And I enjoy the process of working on it into what I see as a better bike that gives me more enjoyment.
And I can afford to spend my money how I wish.
Current bikes.
R E GT650
BMW R1200GS
KTM 250 EXC-F
BSA B25SS

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.