Author Topic: 3D-printed Beeline Moto mount rev1  (Read 11801 times)

Toontje

• Grand Gearhead
  • Barcelona, Spain
Reply #15 on: January 16, 2022, 06:33:32 pm
Interesting. In the State of Texas speed cameras are illegal.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2019/06/03/gov-greg-abbott-signs-red-light-camera-ban-into-law/
 Maybe other states in the US as well but I really don’t know. Ive never encountered them in any State but.
You guys are lucky. Here in Europe speeding tickets are a form of income for the government. Plenty of red light and speed came around here.
Ice Queen for sale in Spain (Was: Riding my Ice Queen through Spain).

Cube

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: January 16, 2022, 10:44:12 pm
Interesting. In the State of Texas speed cameras are illegal.
 Maybe other states in the US as well but I really don’t know. Ive never encountered them in any State but.
Oh, we've definitely got them in Maryland and surrounding states.

Cube

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: January 16, 2022, 10:52:22 pm
I drilled a hole in the finished product. If you zoom in on the hole you can see that I didn't have a 12mm drill bit. I wiggled a 10mm drill bit around until the light came through.
Cool mod!

For others who want to do something like this, it is fairly easy to make a simple modification to the file yourself before printing in a free tool like Tinkercad. It's aimed at primary school kids so it's quite easy to use.

Marcsen

• Grease Monkey
Reply #18 on: January 19, 2022, 06:38:21 am
Saw some guy sell your Design printed on ebay . Or maybe its you .
Isle of rügen, germany .
Wachau austria

Marcsen

• Grease Monkey
Reply #19 on: January 19, 2022, 06:42:33 am
Isle of rügen, germany .
Wachau austria

Toontje

• Grand Gearhead
  • Barcelona, Spain
Reply #20 on: January 19, 2022, 07:43:29 pm
https://youtu.be/G-Fjg90Dsfc
This is the guy i bought a 3D printed triangle for the air filter from. Apparently he is selling Trippers now as well. I'd like to see a Tripper against Beeline shootout. ;-)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 07:57:53 pm by Toontje »

Toontje

• Grand Gearhead
  • Barcelona, Spain
Reply #21 on: January 19, 2022, 07:50:41 pm
This design is completely different. It's for the RE Tripper, not for the Beeline.

Ruddigger

• Bulleteer
Reply #22 on: January 19, 2022, 08:50:36 pm
I wonder if you could design one that would put it in the little recess to the right or left of the ignition, under the clocks for of us GT folks with tight front fairings.
2022 650GT Mr Clean

Breezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2019 Interceptor, 2021 R NineT
Reply #23 on: January 19, 2022, 09:03:12 pm
I wonder if you could design one that would put it in the little recess to the right or left of the ignition, under the clocks for of us GT folks with tight front fairings.
+1, for the Interceptor.

Cube

• Scooter
Reply #24 on: January 19, 2022, 09:28:08 pm
It's not me, and it seems it's not my design, but in fact I've released it under the MIT License, which permits all uses and reuses, including commercial, provided there is attribution. As long as a seller provides that attribution -- preferably a link to the Github repo so people know there are other ways to get the item -- they are free to sell it on eBay or anywhere else and that's cool.

Cube

• Scooter
Reply #25 on: January 19, 2022, 09:35:11 pm
My gut feeling is that there is enough going on there that the positioning would be kind of awkward, but I'll take a look at it when I have a moment.

How many Enfield Twin riders have Beelines? When I put this out there I kind of thought it was something that might be of interest to one other nerd three years from now.

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: January 19, 2022, 10:00:22 pm
There is another beeline thread with a nice beeline mount using small tab trapped by the tripleclamp.
2022 Rocker Red Continental GT650

Yinzer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Pittsburgh, Pa.
Reply #27 on: January 19, 2022, 11:29:03 pm
Oh, we've definitely got them in Maryland and surrounding states.

They tried it in Pennsylvania but the rednecks kept shooting them off the poles. :)
Apparently they're expensive.
2022 Interceptor MkIII (My bike)
1998 Iron Bullet 500 (Shared bike)
2023 Hunter 350 (Dad's bike)

Cube

• Scooter
Reply #28 on: January 23, 2022, 04:26:34 pm
So I took a crack at this and even printed a couple of prototypes, but the limited space in there and the angles involved mean you can't really fit a Beeline there. You could raise the mounting area above the ignition assembly, but at that point it isn't really going to look or function any better than mounting it on the bars with one of Beeline's out-of-the-box mounts.

Ruddigger

• Bulleteer
Reply #29 on: January 23, 2022, 06:17:35 pm
That’s a shame, I guess the Beeline is a little bigger than I thought. Thanks for trying out my idea though.
2022 650GT Mr Clean