Author Topic: Satisfaction  (Read 1109 times)

Haggisman

• Grease Monkey
  • Adelaide, Australia.
on: August 02, 2020, 02:36:47 am
For many years I have wanted to buy an old British bike to restore and ride. Any that are for sale are usually too far gone but still commanding silly money or in good order and commanding even sillier money. Along came the Royal Enfield Interceptor,  all the right looks without the oil leaks, mechanical dramas, fuel issues or electrical gremlins and at a good price with a 3 year warranty.
What more can you ask for, love it every time I look at it or ride it!
2019 Interceptor

Dr Mayhem

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 03:02:06 am
For many years I have wanted to buy an old British bike to restore and ride. Any that are for sale are usually too far gone but still commanding silly money or in good order and commanding even sillier money. Along came the Royal Enfield Interceptor,  all the right looks without the oil leaks, mechanical dramas, fuel issues or electrical gremlins and at a good price with a 3 year warranty.

Amen brother!

I still have the old bikes and love them as much as my #1 son, but really, unless you're a 15 year old kid who doesn't know much?.. I honestly don't get the fascination with them anymore, unless maybe you're looking at them as raw material for a project, pastime
Guy
19 Conti GT in Dr Mayhem paint 08/24/2019
06 HD Street Bob
04 Buell XB12S Lightning

goody59

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 08:17:05 am

It had me at ABS and EFI. The looks I knew I liked from the 70s. Best of both worlds
Steve from Victoria, Australia. MY22 Interceptor.

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 12:40:45 pm
I have not had an old bike since my BSA Bantam back in 1975 in the UK. I had a Triumph Bonneville America when they first appeared on the scene but the 650 is a good looking retro bike. The size of the engine is big for a 650 but not as big as my old 250 Ariel back in 74
2020 Baker Express

Greytop

• Grease Monkey
  • UK 2019 Interceptor
Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 09:56:38 am
All the right looks without the oil leaks, mechanical dramas, fuel issues or electrical gremlins and at a good price with a 3 year warranty.

Couldn't agree more, every ride it brings a smile to my face.
Previous bikes: FS1E, TS185, KH250, RD250D, CB400N, RD350LC, GSF600 Bandit, CB900F, FZR1000.

mwmosser

• Illegitimi non carborundum
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 09:03:01 pm
When she first saw it in the garage, my wife said "that looks like what I thought a bike should be" - she's a total non-rider but the RE looks like the mental image of a bike. I am happy it's been so solid, and yes the ABS and decent ByBre brakes are selling points for sure. Also happy to have spent 1/2 the price of a T120, granted not the same engine or amenities but also not the same issues with gearbox destruction that I understand is starting to affect those Triumphs. Stuart Fillingham has a series of videos on why he likes his RE 650 far more than his T120, and I'm in general agreement there.

A smile on my face when riding as well.
2019 Interceptor 650 Mark Three