Author Topic: Things Look Bad In India  (Read 2374 times)

TrianglePete

• Bulleteer
  • U.S. Spec RE parts & THE FIN intake.
on: April 29, 2021, 12:02:46 am
My thoughts and Prayers for our Brothers and Sisters in INDIA.

Hoiho

• Engorged Member
  • Grand Gearhead
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 02:03:01 am
Absolutely agree. Horrific scenes...

muezler

• Scooter
  • Austria - Styria
Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 08:42:01 am
Yes it really does.
My department in Chennai is closed since Monday.
One guy who came back from a inner India business trip was tested negative at first but a view days later he was positive.
During that two days 10 other colleagues got infected, 5 of them severely.

It is really frightening to see how quick such a chain reaction can happen.
I hope that all this suffering and hardship will find an end soon.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 02:01:54 pm
Yesterday afternoon a USAF C5 Galaxy cargo aircraft took off from Travis AFB, CA, packed full of over 100 tons of oxygen generators, tanks and other COVID-19 medical supplies. It is headed for New Delhi. So that should help a little.
2011 Royal Enfield B5 500, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 02:39:06 pm
My thoughts and Prayers for our Brothers and Sisters in INDIA.
+1

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 03:04:55 pm
It's particularly bad for them at the moment with the mutations of the virus, total tragedy, and now switching to a cash less society is not in any way helping the poor either, they don't know what to do for money and no one is the least bothered.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 04:37:40 pm
Seems to me poor people are suffering the worst not getting access to oxygen, a most horrific death on the only basis they are poor, there are masses of billionaires in India they should dip into their accounts and try and ease the situation this is after all a national emergency, not just let people die without a chance. Modi is certainly not the best leader in the world he has zero compassion for poor desperate people. All we can do is pray for a miracle our hands are tied.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 04:48:36 pm by Karl Fenn »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Laissez le bon temps rouler! Fresno, CA
Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 05:36:31 pm
All they have to fight this mutation with is proper mask technique, hand hygiene and try to maintain personal space. Modi opened up too soon and didn't emphasize the importance of these simple steps to slow the spread.  There is a lesson here for the rest of us. All the vaccine in the world won't help if your personal behaviour accelerates the spread faster than the innoculations can be given. Wear your mask, get the jab, don't give mutations another breeding opportunity within your own skin. The good news is that the CiC is trying to get vaccines flowing India's way. Brazil is another hotspot not getting attention, and it's within driving distance from us. Until around 80% of us have gotten the jab, mask up and slow the spread here. There's nothing stopping a new Covid mutation from being 10% lethal instead of 1%. Be responsible and do your part.
A trifecta of Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 05:58:42 pm
All they have to fight this mutation with is proper mask technique, hand hygiene and try to maintain personal space. Modi opened up too soon and didn't emphasize the importance of these simple steps to slow the spread.  There is a lesson here for the rest of us. All the vaccine in the world won't help if your personal behaviour accelerates the spread faster than the innoculations can be given. Wear your mask, get the jab, don't give mutations another breeding opportunity within your own skin. The good news is that the CiC is trying to get vaccines flowing India's way. Brazil is another hotspot not getting attention, and it's within driving distance from us. Until around 80% of us have gotten the jab, mask up and slow the spread here. There's nothing stopping a new Covid mutation from being 10% lethal instead of 1%. Be responsible and do your part.
+1

Warwick

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: April 29, 2021, 10:46:28 pm
Its sad what is happening in India!! I hope it is controlled soon! My thoughts are with those impacted
2007 Bullet, 1999 Lightning, 1994 Honda CBR1000f, 2010 Honda VFR1200f, 2007 Kawasaki GPX 250, 2019 Interceptor

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 09:54:45 am
Well more bad news yesterday the government have just bought 60 million more doses of the vaccine they are expecting a new wave in the autum in the UK of mutated virus, that means three vaccines in less than 8 months, the endless cycle continues.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #11 on: April 30, 2021, 10:57:50 am
I suspect the Indians would love to swap our problems for theirs right now.

For those who want to help, please contact the relief organisation of your choice.

A.

Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

TrianglePete

• Bulleteer
  • U.S. Spec RE parts & THE FIN intake.
Reply #12 on: April 30, 2021, 12:45:07 pm
I suspect the Indians would love to swap our problems for theirs right now.

For those who want to help, please contact the relief organisation of your choice.

A.

Any idea which relief group can be trusted ???       You know    90% for  Adm.  10%  for help

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: April 30, 2021, 01:20:17 pm
Any idea which relief group can be trusted ???       You know    90% for  Adm.  10%  for help

I believe if you send your money to Gretas foundation it will be put to good use.
"Proles and Animals are free"
"Ignorance is strength"

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: April 30, 2021, 01:28:39 pm
Well frankly you can't trust any charities these days, they all steal massive wages from the proceeds, much is held in world banks it's become a legal scam. Of course evil Modi is responsible for the crisis not doing his job and looking after the rich.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: April 30, 2021, 01:50:33 pm
Another C5A Galaxy left Travis AFB yesterday heading for India. This one is carrying 200 tons of medical supplies.
2011 Royal Enfield B5 500, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: May 01, 2021, 12:51:32 pm
Another C5A Galaxy left Travis AFB yesterday heading for India. This one is carrying 200 tons of medical supplies.

Paid for by indian billionairs probably. Those people remind me of grandmothers that would rather inject their grandchildren with ritalin instead of buying them a bicycle.
"Ignorance is strength"

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: May 01, 2021, 02:02:14 pm
Well l think Modi has a problem with the poor and population, their style of class system is diabolical if you are at the bottom of the pile your life is not considered worthy.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: May 01, 2021, 07:21:43 pm
Well l think Modi has a problem with the poor and population, their style of class system is diabolical if you are at the bottom of the pile your life is not considered worthy.

India is f###ed, Modi didn´t do the poor any favour by introducing the cashless society, no cash and you are dead - power over life and dead in the hands of the oligarchs. If you want to know how great that works move to sweden and observe carefully. On the other hand the "poor" elected him since he comes from the poor if I remember correctly. As they say a poor man is a bitch of a master.

Anyway when I visited India I saw only ritch people around, but that was before Modi I guess.  Even worce he took their dignity.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 07:36:08 pm by derottone »
"Ignorance is strength"

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: May 01, 2021, 09:25:30 pm
I think you'll find Modi is a rich man now, of course they have the cast system far more worse then the Victorian class system ever could be, imagine being bottom of the cast with no way up, sounds similar to CRB new labour brought in, life can be a bum.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: May 02, 2021, 12:28:29 am
I think you'll find Modi is a rich man now, of course they have the cast system far more worse then the Victorian class system ever could be, imagine being bottom of the cast with no way up, sounds similar to CRB new labour brought in, life can be a bum.

Well he can buy some more chaos with it.  ;) ;D ;D ;D

....I couldn't care less what's going on in India, our needy in charge require atleast equal vigilance and the "i follow the law to the dot" ritch too.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 12:46:40 am by derottone »
"Ignorance is strength"

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: May 02, 2021, 09:01:35 am
"MAKE IN INDIA" ....must be better than in Sweden where you have a hundered highly qualified Phd. engineers behind your ars ..."How do you know that it takes a 10 ton of force to press the bearing in that housing".  ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 09:18:40 am by derottone »
"Ignorance is strength"

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: May 02, 2021, 09:55:22 am
Yea same here the type of engineers that can't press in a bearing even with a press, of course when you look at the world these days chaos is being deliberately created everywhere for some reason, perhaps the oligarchs are planing a mass cash in and taking complete control of the globe everyone with ancient roman slave status and homeless.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: May 02, 2021, 10:06:33 am
I mean when you look at these oligarchs most of them stole their money anyway in devious thieving schemes they make legal with their friends in government, a cashless society is a new scam to make even more money, l mean having to pay to use digital currency and zero interest have you ever heard anything like it, then telling everyone you can catch covid from a five pound note in an attempt to get rid of money, what a den of none elected thieves.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: May 02, 2021, 10:08:20 am
Yea same here the type of engineers that can't press in a bearing even with a press, of course when you look at the world these days chaos is being deliberately created everywhere for some reason, perhaps the oligarchs are planing a mass cash in and taking complete control of the globe everyone with ancient roman slave status and homeless.

In their wet dreams for sure.
"Ignorance is strength"

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: May 02, 2021, 10:15:00 am
I mean when you look at these oligarchs most of them stole their money anyway in devious thieving schemes they make legal with their friends in government, a cashless society is a new scam to make even more money, l mean having to pay to use digital currency and zero interest have you ever heard anything like it, then telling everyone you can catch covid from a five pound note in an attempt to get rid of money, what a den of none elected thieves.

Ohh, the Swedish are better, they may send even a thief to rob you if you use cash to give you a lesson. If they find out your house is not insured the way they concider appropriate you may have a burglary in your flat and the police never finds anyone, however the government may send you psychologists for free to treat your mental trauma and outlawing guns instead. That´s the way they do it, totally leagally. It´s a highly advanced society.  ;)
"Ignorance is strength"

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: May 02, 2021, 10:18:25 am
Well of course the motive is in part to bring down the western economy particularly the USA that's why china have gone cashless they now by doing away with cash they have USA and the UK by the balls, Gardafi tried that with turning currency in to only gold that was aimed at the west look how he ended up dead as a dodo.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • Live slow, die whenever
Reply #27 on: May 02, 2021, 10:18:56 am
The poor in India have always been a consumable commodity. But good luck to them. I hope they keep their farms, too.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: May 02, 2021, 10:30:05 am
Well of course the motive is in part to bring down the western economy particularly the USA that's why china have gone cashless they now by doing away with cash they have USA and the UK by the balls, Gardafi tried that with turning currency in to only gold that was aimed at the west look how he ended up dead as a dodo.

There was news around that time that Gardafi wanted to take international payments in Euro instead of Dollares, which could be true or fake. I doubt he would be as naive to believe the world could function on gold standard only when the supply of it can´t even match the economic growth in many parts of the world. However I remember reading he told to Berlusconi - premier of Italy - that if he continues like that that they soon will need a dictator in Italy.  ;)
"Ignorance is strength"

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: May 02, 2021, 10:58:12 am
"Ignorance is strength"

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: May 02, 2021, 11:00:20 am
No it's all true China and Russia have been looking at ways to destabilise the US economy for decades, they don't like the USA being top dog, with cashless they are able to whittle their economy down, with no cash it may take a few years but they can bring it to its knees, the gold currency is true l assure you, read classified docs on it, of course Berlusconi was a crook he had his fingers in many pies, including subjects we must not discuss, dictators are never far away one day you don't have them the next you do, every single one has stolen power that way, incidentally there is a good chance they will have their farms stolen under Modi just look what he did with the currency it became worthless over night, he does not give a dam about poor farmers especially where corporate profit is concerned.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: May 02, 2021, 11:56:51 am
If you look at Modi and his track record he has made massive cuts to the poor, on education, large cuts to health care, and many other social economic cuts, he wants a dominant central government and privatisation much in common with Margret Thatcher comming from similar background, and a good former friend of Donald Trump, his hands are dirty because his cuts have lead to the Indian health care chrisis they now face, and lower education, he is certainly not in favour of improving the lives of the poor, massive tax cuts to the already rich, and imposing sales taxes on the less well off.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: May 02, 2021, 12:18:42 pm
I was of the impression that Modi was quite opposite of what Trump was trying to stand for. Anyway I hope you are wrong and they don't succeed to turn their farmers into a large scale conglomerate. While you may need a large organisation to bild complex industrial machinery, you may not need it to grow good organic food.
"Ignorance is strength"

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #33 on: May 02, 2021, 12:50:46 pm
The US is doing a fine job of destabilizing its own currency.
Actual inflation is at least 10 times what the gov't reports.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: May 02, 2021, 12:57:47 pm
Well don't you think it's the same in the UK of course the BBC give them a helping hand, they seem to think people are stupid and can't note the prices week by week, if you want a good intelligence dossier on Modi just look on wickapedia.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: May 03, 2021, 11:46:17 am

Modi did the "right" thing this time to open up, which is why he got "f***ed" by his so called friends who sold him onto the cashless society crap. I think everyone actually knows it.  ;)
"Ignorance is strength"

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: May 03, 2021, 01:07:16 pm
Wow. Bodies piling up in the street and it's all the fault of becoming a cashless society, not proper attention to appropriate public health strategy by an elected, sitting official. That's some real ultracrepidarian thinking you have going there. Is the cashless part come in to play where they can't buy enough firewood to cremate their dead fast enough? Or maybe where the farmers can't afford the Monsanto/Bayer gene-edited self-sterile seeds designed to survive the Monsanto/Bayer designer herbicide/pesticide regimen they have been sold? As Gizzo pointed out, the poor of India are the consumable commodity; but people for some reason really resent it when you try to kill them off, and now they can vote.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-56964703
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/02/05/indias-farm-protests-turned-violent-last-week-why-are-farmers-protesting-first-place/
A trifecta of Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: May 03, 2021, 01:18:22 pm
Wow. Bodies piling up in the street and it's all the fault of becoming a cashless society, not proper attention to appropriate public health strategy by an elected, sitting official.

...100% correct. Monsanto/Bayer likely been promoting the cashless society too. They benefit on expense of the little farmer + pay a "controlable" tax.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 01:32:35 pm by derottone »
"Ignorance is strength"

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: May 03, 2021, 01:40:50 pm
Well this is the problem they are already pushing up taxes and making draconian cuts, in the UK there is such a shortage of affordable housing in a decade much of the young generations will be homeless, they are all living overcrowded with family, five cars to one house it's madness, local government keep pumping up taxes to pay for their golden plate life styles and the poor fall deeper into the abyss with no hope of securing a future, all these governments are highly skilled in hoodwinking and deception.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: May 03, 2021, 02:38:14 pm
Well this is the problem they are already pushing up taxes and making draconian cuts, in the UK there is such a shortage of affordable housing in a decade much of the young generations will be homeless, they are all living overcrowded with family, five cars to one house it's madness, local government keep pumping up taxes to pay for their golden plate life styles and the poor fall deeper into the abyss with no hope of securing a future, all these governments are highly skilled in hoodwinking and deception.

According to our news media, the same thing is happening in California and especially in the San Francisco Bay Area, where it is tough to find a home at anything less than $1 million. And if you do find one at that price, there are 20 other people who want it and are willing to bid against each other to buy the home.  A friend of mine tried to buy a nice little cottage about 10 miles north of Oakland with an asking price of $1.5 million. 25 bidders raised the final selling price to $2.5 million!   :o

Our politicians tell us that the only way the problem can be fixed is with lots of government spending to build "affordable" (whatever that is) housing. The latest news is that the mayors of California's largest cities want the legislature to give them $4 billion a year for the next 5 years and they will solve the "homeless" problem in our state. They say they know how to do it and all it will take is lots of money. The legislature appears posed to provide that money by "taxing the rich" (who already provide around 50% of the state's income) even more than they do now. No one has asked if the rich that will be taxed even more will include the Governor.  ::)

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: May 03, 2021, 02:50:49 pm
Same thing in Sweden, the politicos have a wast intresst on forever rising housing prices. Who eventually leaves is the wealthy company owners and builders and those who can´t afford the rent. Global warming solved = place depopulated, although the population density / sq. mile is almost next to nothing already today. Due to the environmental conditions you can´t exactly survive in a tent. So what exactly those Gretas are trying to achieve is oblivious, probably just trying to compete with some idiocracy like they have in California.
"Ignorance is strength"

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: May 03, 2021, 02:54:53 pm
Same thing in Sweden, the politicos have a wast intresst on forever rising housing prices. Who eventually leaves is the wealthy company owners and builders and those who can´t afford the rent. Global warming solved = place depopulated, although the population density / sq. mile is almost next to nothing already today. Due to the environmental conditions you can´t exactly survive in a tent. So what exactly those Gretas are trying to achieve is oblivious, probably just trying to compete with some idiocracy like they have in California.

The solution for the rich in this state is to just move and relocate to a state like Nevada where there is no income tax or to Texas where they don't give a shit what you do as long as you have a "big iron" strapped to your hip.   ;D

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: May 03, 2021, 02:57:52 pm
The solution for the rich in this state is to just move and relocate to a state like Nevada where there is no income tax or to Texas where they don't give a shit what you do as long as you have a "big iron" strapped to your hip.   ;D

Texas sounds great, I bet the "big iron" strapped to your hip inflicts mutual respect between the citizens. Everyone should wear one in Sweden since the corrupt serucity pigs and polise run around and blackmail everyone all the time.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 03:09:01 pm by derottone »
"Ignorance is strength"

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: May 03, 2021, 04:09:10 pm
Well sweeden is not the only place the police run lawless and blackmail, we have it here to and they get the help of the crooked courts and bent lawyers to which there are a never abundant supply, they are a corrupt club who have the capacity to destroy people's lives, a real mafia very real, with plenty of dodgy reporters to help them along the way, of course sooner or later the shit will hit the fan with this housing crisis homeless people are pilling up, but rest assured Boris will be over the hills and far away by the time that happens, all we witness now is false promises decade after decade.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #44 on: May 03, 2021, 04:12:12 pm
Well sweeden is not the only place the police run lawless and blackmail, we have it here to and they get the help of the crooked courts and bent lawyers to which there are a never abundant supply, they are a corrupt club who have the capacity to destroy people's lives, a real mafia very real, with plenty of dodgy reporters to help them along the way, of course sooner or later the shit will hit the fan with this housing crisis homeless people are pilling up, but rest assured Boris will be over the hills and far away by the time that happens, all we witness now is false promises decade after decade.

...you mean he plans to escape to Argentina and live happily ever after togeather with Mrs. Honecker from the former east germany?  :o  ;D
"Ignorance is strength"

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #45 on: May 03, 2021, 04:17:43 pm
Well he is worth a few million like the rest of them he gets over £2,000 an our for his writing what twaddle, £149.000 for being PM and other spin offs l bet he does a Nick Clegg and legs it with his loot.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #46 on: May 03, 2021, 04:22:53 pm
Of course if you are homeless in the UK and being starved to death by state genocide they will let you live In tent but get criminalised for being homeless at the same time they show no mercy.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #47 on: May 03, 2021, 04:43:23 pm
Here's a nurse in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who seems to have quite a bit to say on the matter.

https://tapnewswire.com/2021/05/a-must-watch-nurse-in-halifax-breaks-her-silence/

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #48 on: May 03, 2021, 04:49:35 pm
Of course if you are homeless in the UK and being starved to death by state genocide they will let you live In tent but get criminalised for being homeless at the same time they show no mercy.

...I guarantee you, the super poor who live often in 500k$ Villas in Sweden deserve NO mercy.
"Ignorance is strength"

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
  • Downtown Los Angeles
Reply #49 on: May 03, 2021, 06:11:15 pm
Here's a nurse in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who seems to have quite a bit to say on the matter.

https://tapnewswire.com/2021/05/a-must-watch-nurse-in-halifax-breaks-her-silence/

Interesting link, thanks.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #50 on: May 03, 2021, 07:08:50 pm
Well the TV has always been a mass brainwashing tool for sure interesting video.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: May 03, 2021, 07:24:39 pm
Who would be the one to approve it in the EU? ...anyway politicos do not seem to need qualified approval.

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-takes-astrazeneca-to-court-for-vaccine-doses-and-revenge/

....looks like they just want more and more as usual.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 07:48:24 pm by derottone »
"Ignorance is strength"

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #52 on: May 03, 2021, 08:34:04 pm
Well not me for sure with what they support not in a million years, corrupted lot.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #53 on: May 03, 2021, 10:44:50 pm
R230 @ #39: If you just need a bed, stove & toilet and aren't trying to display your wallet, the good old Seatrain/Connex/Shipping Containers seem like the way to go. Lots of housing variations, here's a clever one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mya2cMDACKg

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #54 on: May 03, 2021, 10:51:37 pm
Yea but this is not the USA where you can live is strictly controlled, they would crush it, the councils control everything.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #55 on: May 03, 2021, 11:42:31 pm
R230 @ #39: If you just need a bed, stove & toilet and aren't trying to display your wallet, the good old Seatrain/Connex/Shipping Containers seem like the way to go. Lots of housing variations, here's a clever one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mya2cMDACKg

Looks good to me. But will the city mayors want that look in their towns and will the homeless want to live in a fancy shipping container, instead of a tent on a public sidewalk?

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
  • Downtown Los Angeles
Reply #56 on: May 03, 2021, 11:49:03 pm
But will the city mayors want that look in their towns and will the homeless want to live in a fancy shipping container, instead of a tent on a public sidewalk?

Not here in California they won't.  The govt gives them too much incentive to stay in tents on the street.  Literally.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #57 on: May 04, 2021, 01:17:07 am

Not here in California they won't.  The govt gives them too much incentive to stay in tents on the street.  Literally.

I believe I read that San Francisco spends about $500 million a year to help out the homeless that are camped out on the street. You would think that much money could get them decent housing, but the city's huge homeless-care bureaucracy is just too invested in helping the homeless.  ::)  The city that I live in is being sued by homeless advocates because the city has limited motor home parking to streets that are 40' wide or larger to keep them from blocking travel lanes, parking and bike lanes on more narrow streets.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #58 on: May 04, 2021, 02:50:42 am
R230 - At $500M you were a bit low. With numbers like that it's clear that there isn't a solution being proposed, the homeless are just being used for a proxy cash harvest mechanism. Like in the "war on drugs", there's always a monetary driver for the astute middleman.

Drugs are easy - decriminalize drugs, subsidize domestic production by "mom 'n pop" farms only, set up Federal Drug rehab camps with beds, toilets, kitchens & let evolution take its course. No TV, video, electronic games or internet, just community gardens, small livestock & a real book library. Anyone testing clean for 30 days gets to function as "medical help assistants" and let them clean up piss, shit & vomit for 90 days for the medical folks. Still clean after that stint, give them $10K and let them out. Folks that learn will stay out, others will cycle thru again. Some will stay on as semi-permanent stoners. "Failures" get photographed & buried in a trench Viet-Nam style. We as a country overnight stop subsidizing terrorism around the world & eliminate much of the domestic crime issue. We also put a huge multi-billion dollar "law enforcement" industry based around "controlling drugs" out of business overnight. Drugs have never been controlled, just severely monetized. Supplying the need in-country stops the money-sucking lie. Folks stay clean because they have the will to do so, the same reason we aren't all hopeless alcoholics. Laws already exist banning working, driving or operating equipment impaired.

The homeless need shelter, some food, sanitation & medical care as lots of them are just older folks with no options. To keep things real, you need to put the able-bodied to work and pay them, like the CCC programs did in the 1930's. One thing they can do is function as Park & city street cleaners. Another is to bus them out to the brush filled forests and let them assist in fire-fighting prevention by removing & clearing vegetation from around State & private structures, and for the more able even the "back-country" forest. Fires already cost tens of billions in damages to the California economy, so the money is there for some prevention. Giving homeless folks a paying job keeps them out of other trouble and is a "Christian" thing to do, help your fellow citizens. Job training classes and general education could provide other useful methods of filling their off hours, again reducing "mischief" opportunities.

And for the drug-loving percentage, that's where the Federal Drug Rehab camps come into play. You can stay there semi-permanently, cheaply staying stoned until you shuffle off, or you can bootstrap yourself back with a nice paycheck to start off with if you step up and clean up. Either way, these camps would be WAY EASIER on everyone else than living daily with the actual cost of illegal drugs. The ONLY GUY keeping you off of drugs or alcohol is that guy in the mirror. Just my $0.05...

https://www.hoover.org/research/only-san-francisco-61000-tents-and-350000-public-toilets#:~:text=San%20Francisco%20estimates%20about%208%2C000,about%20%24106%2C500%20per%20homeless%20individual.
The city’s 2020–21 budget for the Department of Homeless and Supportive Housing is about $852 million. To put that in perspective, Sacramento’s city budget is about $650 million, which covers all public services for their population of over 500,000.

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
  • Downtown Los Angeles
Reply #59 on: May 04, 2021, 03:59:41 am
R230 - At $500M you were a bit low. With numbers like that it's clear that there isn't a solution being proposed, the homeless are just being used for a proxy cash harvest mechanism. Like in the "war on drugs", there's always a monetary driver for the astute middleman.

Drugs are easy - decriminalize drugs, subsidize domestic production by "mom 'n pop" farms only, set up Federal Drug rehab camps with beds, toilets, kitchens & let evolution take its course. No TV, video, electronic games or internet, just community gardens, small livestock & a real book library. Anyone testing clean for 30 days gets to function as "medical help assistants" and let them clean up piss, shit & vomit for 90 days for the medical folks. Still clean after that stint, give them $10K and let them out. Folks that learn will stay out, others will cycle thru again. Some will stay on as semi-permanent stoners. "Failures" get photographed & buried in a trench Viet-Nam style. We as a country overnight stop subsidizing terrorism around the world & eliminate much of the domestic crime issue. We also put a huge multi-billion dollar "law enforcement" industry based around "controlling drugs" out of business overnight. Drugs have never been controlled, just severely monetized. Supplying the need in-country stops the money-sucking lie. Folks stay clean because they have the will to do so, the same reason we aren't all hopeless alcoholics. Laws already exist banning working, driving or operating equipment impaired.

The homeless need shelter, some food, sanitation & medical care as lots of them are just older folks with no options. To keep things real, you need to put the able-bodied to work and pay them, like the CCC programs did in the 1930's. One thing they can do is function as Park & city street cleaners. Another is to bus them out to the brush filled forests and let them assist in fire-fighting prevention by removing & clearing vegetation from around State & private structures, and for the more able even the "back-country" forest. Fires already cost tens of billions in damages to the California economy, so the money is there for some prevention. Giving homeless folks a paying job keeps them out of other trouble and is a "Christian" thing to do, help your fellow citizens. Job training classes and general education could provide other useful methods of filling their off hours, again reducing "mischief" opportunities.

And for the drug-loving percentage, that's where the Federal Drug Rehab camps come into play. You can stay there semi-permanently, cheaply staying stoned until you shuffle off, or you can bootstrap yourself back with a nice paycheck to start off with if you step up and clean up. Either way, these camps would be WAY EASIER on everyone else than living daily with the actual cost of illegal drugs. The ONLY GUY keeping you off of drugs or alcohol is that guy in the mirror. Just my $0.05...

I'm gobsmacked that you are a leftist.  How are you a leftist?  On occasion, and not infrequent occasion, you state things that are not only true but indeed insightful and potentially even patriotic.  Decriminalizing drugs is a naively ludicrous idea, yet your plan in theory makes sense.

You seem to believe anything CNN or MSNBC tells you, which is utterly stoopid, but you also seem to disbelieve anything Fox tells you, which is quite smart.

:o

You are a bad leftist--Mumbly Joe and Pedo Gates and and Killary Hillary and Rothschild Soros are all terribly disappointed in you.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 04:05:05 am by nicholastanguma »

muezler

• Scooter
  • Austria - Styria

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #61 on: May 04, 2021, 07:14:19 am
@ #59: Where have you been your whole life? " Decriminalizing drugs is a naively ludicrous idea " People have been using drugs for thousands of years. The wealthiest will always have access and are largely immune from prosecution. There is no point to enriching the enemies of the USA and also enriching entire industries devoted to restricting individual liberties. The USA essentially allows everyone to go to hell in their own personal handcart, preferably if you don't bother others whilst doing it. Oregon is the ONLY state to acknowledge the reality of the situation we're in. I'd rather have USA based Mom 'n Pop farms growing opium poppies, weed & coca than having the Afghan Taliban selling opium to fund their bullshit. Look what horror we've unleashed in South America and the Middle East by outsourcing our drug habits. We need to man up and deal with our drug issues inside the boundaries of our own country, not export misery to the rest of the world. These are suggestions to deal with issues we really have. I don't care if a grown assed adult wants to become a chemical zombie, but I don't know why the rest of us need to deal with the fallout from it. The solution I proposed makes people accountable for their own behaviour. They can leave any time, just drug test clean & work your way out. Those that do get a monetary reward, those that choose to stay don't get bother the rest of us. That's fair. I don't think crackheads/cokeheads/etc. add a lot of value to our society. Legalizing drugs with a rehab farm option means the guy that uses recreationally and doesn't drag anyone else into their bullshit pretty much gets left alone. Cause drug related trouble and you get to work your way out - or don't.
" I'm gobsmacked that you are a leftist.  How are you a leftist? "  I'm depressed that a grown adult would feel the need to simplify his existence to arbitrary memes. There is only objective reality, physics and mathematics. You can't reconcile advocating for small government and still want to control peoples lives. Small government means taking care of your own business and not interfering with others going about theirs. It doesn't mean you get to poison the common groundwater, farmland, air, use paid political connections to corner markets, etc.
" You seem to believe anything CNN or MSNBC tells you, which is utterly stoopid "  Really? You have never seen me use BBC quotes? What's YOUR anointed word, Breitbart? You were the guy claiming Los Angeles was going to the GOP. It got real quiet when I posted cal-state numbers showing quite the opposite. I try to test my post info against at least a couple other sources.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #62 on: May 04, 2021, 07:14:51 am
The government now started to confiscate liquid oxygen used by the steel industry.

https://indianexpress.com/article/business/economy/despite-oxygen-diversion-for-medical-use-high-prices-may-shield-steel-cos-profit-7298414/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjnIIGXsHbE

That must be some insane idea of those Gretas oligarchs to liquidate all steelmakers worldwide so that they can sell their H2 green steel that nobody can afford since they are scared now of people owning knifes.

https://m.dw.com/en/will-sweden-lead-the-way-in-hydrogen-powered-steelmaking/a-57263616

...once the WW3 starts so that they can fill their pockets like they did during WW2 selling steel to Adolf. That would match their thinking.  ;D
"Ignorance is strength"

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #64 on: May 04, 2021, 09:34:08 am
Isn't it much more likely the Gummin't is using liquid O2 to keep some C19 afflicted people alive? Liquid O2 has a lot less bulk than compressed O2.

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/us-send-oxygen-india

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/economy-politics/saudi-arabia-to-ship-80-metric-tonnes-of-liquid-oxygen-to-india/story/437543.html

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/india-deploys-seven-warships-to-transport-large-oxygen-containers/articleshow/82345158.cms

There sure is something to it. However I can´t get around the feeling all this covid stuff has something to do with the centuries old bussiness strategy - create the problem so that you can sell the solution - or if you manufacture plaster you could just start breaking peoples legs so that you can sell more of it. And the churches and other moral apostels jumped on that train too with global warning.
"Ignorance is strength"

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #65 on: May 04, 2021, 10:01:03 am
Well my guess is they only sell drugs because there's nothing else to sell and the mugs que up to buy them, of course the middle class elite like their Coke it's a perk of the class structure, then you have the heroine addicts that create a constant stream of business, drug addicts are dumb people that's the only word you can use for them, if they weren't taking drugs the would probably sniff glue or eat rat poison it's those premorbid genes, you'll always get people who cash in on dim wits who can't cope with life it's a fact they are just weak easy meat for the dealers who pray on them. And of course bear this in mind society has become dysfunctional as it is without having leagalised thieving addicts running around all over the place the last thing you want is legal drugs what they need is the birch and not allow the police and prison service to cash in on the problem. Of corse like you say the wealthy are imune from prosecution a blind eye is turned to them, they probably run and manage the labs. As for working you way out those sort have never done a days work in their whole life's they feed on the tax payer like leaching parasites.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 10:19:35 am by Karl Fenn »

muezler

• Scooter
  • Austria - Styria
Reply #66 on: May 04, 2021, 10:26:28 am
.....moral apostels jumped on that train too with global warning.

Plz dont jinx it.....it has become so nice and quiet about this topic.
We should leave Greta under her bridge for as long as possible

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
  • Downtown Los Angeles
Reply #67 on: May 04, 2021, 10:59:01 am
And the churches and other moral apostels jumped on that train too with global warning.

Absolutely.  When the current Pope Apostate started toeing the Party Line the people known as conspiracy theorists were not surprised.  And then a lot of folks who once ridiculed the conspiracy theorists started wondering...

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #68 on: May 04, 2021, 02:59:03 pm
This is like some odd Dark Web Catechism hour, but with an extra helping of hand wringing & feigned helplessness. Lots of unsupported 2 + 2 = 7 logic, an interesting tour of the collective Fox/OAN/NewsMax/Facebook zeitgeist.

cat·e·chism ; /ˈkadəˌkizəm/ ; noun  ( https://languages.oup.com/google-dictionary-en/ )
a summary of the principles of Christian religion in the form of questions and answers, used for the instruction of Christians.
a series of fixed questions, answers, or precepts used for instruction in other situations.
"the preventive health catechism “more exercise, less tobacco and alcohol, and better diet”"

The topic was "Things look bad in India". Mostly they are out of medical O2 to support their hospitals. Somehow magically the O2 shortage became a vast conspiracy, not just the obvious needs of supplying O2 to a truly huge number sick people. Then Global Warming gets lumped in there. The "Iron Hand" of democracy & the free market is apparently miraculously guided by 18 year old Greta Thunberg, all to the ruin of democracy & the free market. India has a population of about 1,360 Million, the USA has a population of about 360 Million, and regarding aerosol communicable diseases neither country has the sense to pour piss out of a boot if the directions were written on the heel. India in particular is poorly situated, not too many resources for the bulk of the population to draw on. They like us didn't use masking & distance properly, for similar reasons, and vaccines are few & far between there. They are showing up with 300,000 new reported cases every day, which is likely an undercount given the rural nature of much of India. What a great opportunity for a really lethal viral mutation to happen. Brazil & the USA rank closely behind them, a score driven by our response behavior. It's that "guy in the mirror" that creates many of our problems. Let's apply a little basic hygiene knowledge, some critical logical thinking, a touch of self control, and bootstrap ourselves out of this hole.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-56976214
India passes 20 million cases amid oxygen shortage
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 03:40:38 pm by AzCal Retred »

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #69 on: May 04, 2021, 04:16:27 pm
Greta is comming to take control of the world she will rule over all politians.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #70 on: May 04, 2021, 04:45:18 pm
Greta is comming to take control of the world she will rule over all politians.

Looks like that, this is the beginning of some new religious movement. Is she going to get crucified too?
"Ignorance is strength"

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #71 on: May 04, 2021, 07:38:22 pm
So terrible they can give her a sip of vinegar on a stick when she up there on the cross. They killed her just like our dear lord.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 07:42:41 pm by Karl Fenn »

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #72 on: May 04, 2021, 07:50:21 pm

Yikes! She seems like someone for whom you'd wait for the next bus if she got on first.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India.

(Legal enough to pass muster if they don't look too closely in Woodbridge, Virginia, where the buses don't run at night, holidays or weekends and I'm a contender for 'Village Idiot')

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #73 on: May 04, 2021, 10:15:43 pm
Well she does have that effect on people for sure.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #74 on: May 04, 2021, 10:50:49 pm
Well she does have that effect on people for sure.

Strangely enough someone like Musk or the Chinese Allibaba fairytale teller with his social score system gather immense followings and people fall in the trap of becoming saints in their insane world.
"Ignorance is strength"

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #75 on: May 05, 2021, 12:28:06 am
A Biggo +1 to Bilgemaster @ #72! :o  That lady is a textbook study in ultrecrepidarianism.

"Stupidity is like Nuclear Power - It can be used for good or evil, but don't get any on you" Dilbert

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #76 on: May 05, 2021, 07:52:21 am

https://www.hoover.org/research/only-san-francisco-61000-tents-and-350000-public-toilets#:~:text=San%20Francisco%20estimates%20about%208%2C000,about%20%24106%2C500%20per%20homeless%20individual.
The city’s 2020–21 budget for the Department of Homeless and Supportive Housing is about $852 million. To put that in perspective, Sacramento’s city budget is about $650 million, which covers all public services for their population of over 500,000.

Don't you have already enough of the social engineering? You want to observe the outcomes of that kind of schemes in real? The right place for you would be Sweden than, just go to the controlled and gov. owned liquer store with 20 Stasi employees around reporting back to the rehab centre how much beer you bought. Who are you to determine yourself how much you can drink and if you are an alcoholic? You will get engaged if you like it or not. It's profitable to engage everyone in it since the state pays and doesn't ask questions. Maybe the reason so many brew their beer at home although it's expensive as s#$it and tastes like it too.
"Ignorance is strength"

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #77 on: May 05, 2021, 10:58:29 am
Yea but you still not getting to grips with the homeless problem it just gets worse and worse year by year, in the UK they will never get out of the problem it just gets deeper and deeper with more people and families becoming homeless, they house them in redundant office blocks, you can forget the homeless situation ever changing it will be a permanent feature of the future due to mass migration and other economic factors it's here to stay, good old government negligence, deliberately inflating the property markets to get rich and make corporate profit for the rich.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 11:06:30 am by Karl Fenn »

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #78 on: May 05, 2021, 11:20:48 am
Yea but you still not getting to grips with the homeless problem it just gets worse and worse year by year, in the UK they will never get out of the problem it just gets deeper and deeper with more people and families becoming homeless, they house them in redundant office blocks, you can forget the homeless situation ever changing it will be a permanent feature of the future due to mass migration and other economic factors it's here to stay, good old government negligence, deliberately inflating the property markets to get rich and make corporate profit for the rich.

The more they "help" the worce it´s getting. Normally the cure to high prices are high prices because that makes new supply economically possible. Doesn´t work in Sweden because everyone is engaged in preventing things from moving.  ;)

Maybe, a mandatory shot of that vaccine could help.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 12:10:24 pm by derottone »
"Ignorance is strength"

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #79 on: May 05, 2021, 12:25:56 pm
Well the uk is just the same it's like the brakes have been put on everything they only remain normal for a selected few and authority employees, l am not voting tommorow l am sick of the lot of them liars and cheaters.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #80 on: May 05, 2021, 01:15:00 pm
A Biggo +1 to Bilgemaster @ #72! :o  That lady is a textbook study in ultrecrepidarianism.

"Stupidity is like Nuclear Power - It can be used for good or evil, but don't get any on you" Dilbert

And what exactly would you do that's neither bad or good?  :D
"Ignorance is strength"

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #81 on: May 05, 2021, 02:34:25 pm

AcCal Retired: I think you are right on with your idea about paying out-of-work and homeless people to perform meaningful tasks that benefit society, as was done by the CCC during the Great Depression. My dad worked for the CCC during the 1930's. He grew up on a worn-out farm in the Missouri Ozarks. After joining the CCC he worked in the county building parks, cleaning up debris and building various small structures, as well as fighting fires when needed. At the end of the work day he taught the other young men in the organization how to read and write as he was one of only two in the local CCC who had an education.

But no one that I know of has wanted to create a CCC-type work group. It has been mentioned that might be because government unions don't want the homeless or jobless performing tasks that they feel are their right to perform. About the only program that I  am aware of locally is the city of San Jose paying a few of their homeless to pick up their own trash (like stuff that the city workers don't want to touch), for a lot less than city workers are paid.  But I am not aware of any current government program that has out of luck people actually building lasting improvements like the CCC did back in the day.

I am still amazed at what the CCC was able to perform during the few years that they were in existence - which ended when WWII started. (My dad enlisted in the AAC and was stationed at Hamilton Field for most of the war). As one amazing example of the work that the CCC did is Pinnacles National Monument (now Park) in central California. They cut a tunnel through granite by hand, built trails all over the park, built bathrooms and the visitor center and cut hiking trails with steel handrails up sheer cliffs that are still used daily by hundreds of visitors. Without the CCC I doubt that anything like that could have been accomplished so quickly and so well using the current method of hiring a private contracting firm with the lowest bid to perform the work. The Civilian Conservation Corp is an idea that really needs to be duplicated today. But I suspect its day has passed. Now there are just too many contracting and work rules for that to happen.   :(

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #82 on: May 05, 2021, 02:57:31 pm
All that is changeable with the stroke of a pen. The tricky part as always is finding out exactly who's making money by keeping the current situation status quo. At that point you have a much better idea of how best to proceed.

I worked with older guys in the 1970's that had spent time in their youth working CCC jobs. They had good memories of the CCC, said it gave them a job, fed them, housed them, and allowed them to send money home during some very tough times. People do better when they have a purpose & a function. Paying folks to do work towards the general welfare of all of us has a lot of benefits. It keeps a lot of folks out of the "correctional" system. Driving up the PCH in Oregon there are an entire series of CCC concrete bridges that were built in the 1930's, still standing & in use, things of beauty made by poor folks.

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
  • Downtown Los Angeles
Reply #83 on: May 05, 2021, 03:16:36 pm
All that is changeable with the stroke of a pen. The tricky part as always is finding out exactly who's making money by keeping the current situation status quo. At that point you have a much better idea of how best to proceed.

I worked with older guys in the 1970's that had spent time in their youth working CCC jobs. They had good memories of the CCC, said it gave them a job, fed them, housed them, and allowed them to send money home during some very tough times. People do better when they have a purpose & a function. Paying folks to do work towards the general welfare of all of us has a lot of benefits. It keeps a lot of folks out of the "correctional" system.

Careful, you're making good sense again.

Driving up the PCH in Oregon there are an entire series of CCC concrete bridges that were built in the 1930's, still standing & in use, things of beauty made by poor folks.

And also moving dangerously close to patriotically insightful, too.

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
  • Downtown Los Angeles
Reply #84 on: May 05, 2021, 03:19:50 pm
But no one that I know of has wanted to create a CCC-type work group. It has been mentioned that might be because government unions don't want the homeless or jobless performing tasks that they feel are their right to perform. About the only program that I  am aware of locally is the city of San Jose paying a few of their homeless to pick up their own trash (like stuff that the city workers don't want to touch), for a lot less than city workers are paid. 

Great work, Nan P & Co!  Also, sarcasm!

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #85 on: May 05, 2021, 04:08:20 pm
All that is changeable with the stroke of a pen. The tricky part as always is finding out exactly who's making money by keeping the current situation status quo. At that point you have a much better idea of how best to proceed..

...and who could be making money from keeping the status quo in a frozen state and how? This situation is fear driven, someone is scared to make less money, more likely though its fear of losing power or social status maybe. Its masspsychosis, not easy to repair, caused by some drug dealers this time.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:28:18 pm by derottone »
"Ignorance is strength"

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #86 on: May 05, 2021, 05:45:35 pm
gib·ber·ish;  /ˈjib(ə)riSH/  : noun; unintelligible or meaningless speech or writing; nonsense.; "he talks gibberish" ; Definitions from Oxford Languages
“Patriotism” vs. “Nationalism”: What’s The Difference?
You’ve probably heard of public servants carrying out great acts of patriotism. You’ve probably also heard of concerns of a rising wave of nationalism around the world. Yes, both words involve some form of pride in one’s country, but there is an incredibly important distinction to be made between the two. Historically, both patriotism and nationalism were used roughly in the same way. But they significantly diverged along the way, and one has a much more positive connotation than the other. Do you know which is which?
What is patriotism?
The word patriotism is a noun that means “devoted love, support, and defense of one’s country; national loyalty.”
The term often brings to mind people directly involved with the defense of a nation, namely military service members as well as state and local government representatives. For example: The soldiers showed exemplary patriotism defending their country from attack.
Patriotism, however, can take many other forms outside serving in the military and public office. Diplomats, teachers, first responders, and so many more all exemplify patriotism in the many forms of good they do in service of their communities.
There are millions of government employees, as well as millions who volunteer their time in the interest of their country. Individual acts of pride, such as displaying an American flag at one’s home, are also examples of patriotism.
The word patriotism is first recorded in the early 1700s. Interestingly, by the 1770s, the word patriot could refer to “a member of a resistance movement, a freedom fighter,” specifically those who fought against the British in the war for independence—associations that persist today.
Patriotism is based on patriot, which is recorded in the 1500s. This word ultimately derives from Greek patriṓtēs, “fellow-countryman or lineage member.” The root of this word, in turn, means “fatherland.” Paternal, patriarchy, and even English’s own father are related.
What is nationalism?
In most contexts today, nationalism is “the policy or doctrine of asserting the interests of one’s own nation viewed as separate from the interests of other nations or the common interests of all nations.” In short, nationalism is a kind of excessive, aggressive patriotism.
Modern nationalism is rooted, in part, in French and American revolutions that fought for the sovereignty of their people over monarchies. This historic nationalism is generally viewed favorably, a cornerstone of Western liberalism and democracy.
However, fascist regimes have merged the fervor of nationalism with the notions of superiority, especially when it comes to ethnicity and religion. In such contexts,  “patriots” can become those who happened to agree with you or look like you, and “traitors” those who do not.
This form of nationalism is what happens when patriotism gets out of hand and morphs into something more exclusionary, isolationist, and … well, chauvinist. For example, The lecturer’s speech on immigration and foreign policy quickly devolved into nationalism, blaming undocumented migrants for the climbing unemployment rate, making much of the audience feel uneasy.
Such nationalism can result in jingoism, which is a form of extreme nationalism promoting vigilant preparedness for war and an aggressive foreign policy. It can also result in isolationism, or “the policy or doctrine of isolating one’s country from the affairs of other nations by declining to enter into alliances, foreign economic commitments, international agreement.”
Recorded in the early 1800s, nationalism, as you probably guessed, is based on nation, ultimately from a Latin word meaning “birth, tribe.”
How to use patriotism vs. nationalism
When using these words, it’s important to keep context, and connotation, in mind:
Patriotism generally has a positive connotation. It’s used for various positive sentiments, attitudes, and actions involving loving one’s country and serving the great good of all its people.
Nationalism generally has a negative connotation. It’s used for political ideologies and movements that a more extreme and exclusionary love of one’s country—at the expense of foreigners, immigrants, and even people in a country who aren’t believed to belong in some way, often racial and religious grounds.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #87 on: May 05, 2021, 11:24:12 pm
And when did those terms "diverge along the way"?
Well, about the same time that the globalist elite started psychologically preparing the populations for their unipolar one world goverment goal over the previous 100 years or so. It's called "propaganda". These billionaires own most major mass media, and the media promotes the goals of those owners, in an easily consumable way for the various target audiences/readers. Been so for quite a long time, in fact.

I would like to point out it's VERY important to the globalist/technocrat/banking cabal and their "Great Reset" to demonize nationalism to the maximum extent possible, in order to get easier consensus to destroy borders and countries in order to facilitate the blending of all into the new homogenized global order of equal poverty for all but the "elite".
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 11:59:48 pm by ace.cafe »

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
  • Downtown Los Angeles
Reply #88 on: May 06, 2021, 02:34:53 am
Well, about the same time that the globalist elite started psychologically preparing the populations for their unipolar one world goverment goal over the previous 100 years or so. It's called "propaganda". These billionaires own most major mass media, and the media promotes the goals of those owners, in an easily consumable way for the various target audiences/readers. Been so for quite a long time, in fact.

I would like to point out it's VERY important to the globalist/technocrat/banking cabal and their "Great Reset" to demonize nationalism to the maximum extent possible, in order to get easier consensus to destroy borders and countries in order to facilitate the blending of all into the new homogenized global order of equal poverty for all but the "elite".

For a while I've been suspecting that I like Tom Lyons for more than just his heroic vintage thumper tuning skills.   ;)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #89 on: May 06, 2021, 02:35:59 am
It looks like these words predate the rise & fall of many nations, having existed since the 1700's. It's somewhat unlikely a world-wide conspiracy could have originated 400 years ago, in the age of industrial steam & sail.

The Great Reset is a recent addition, looks like it took about 6 months for the Dark Web to integrate it into the catechism after lifting it from the Davos meeting nomenclature. Seems perhaps a poor strategy for the "one-world plotters" to reveal their catchphrase? Quite a lapse in discipline after 400 years.

From the article:
" The word patriotism is first recorded in the early 1700s."
" Recorded in the early 1800s, nationalism, "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Reset
" In June 2020, the theme of the January 2021 51st World Economic Forum Annual Meeting was announced as "The Great Reset","

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Reset#Conspiracy_theory_by_the_same_name
" A November 2020 article said that the Great Reset conspiracy theory, was the first in the Presidency of Joe Biden.[1 11] A January 30, 2021 article in The Economist said that the United States has a "rich history of conspiracism, due to its anti-government, apocalyptic religious and entrepreneurial traditions."[1 12] According to the article, 50% of Trump's supporters espoused QAnon "core falsehoods" that Trump was "leading the fight" against a corrupt, global, and high-level "Democratic child-sex operation".[1 12] Trump promoted the QAnon conspiracy which combined a number of "fabrications into a single narrative."[1 12] With the COVID-19 pandemic combined with presidential election, the "far-reaching and baseless QAnon conspiracy" has spread worldwide. Adherents believe they are an "embattled minority"—the only ones that "know 'the truth'." Mainstream media outlets such as The New York Times, the BBC, and The Guardian traced the spread of the latest conspiracy theory on the great reset, which had integrated the anti-lockdown conspiracies, to far-right internet personalities and groups—some also supporting the QAnon conspiracy theory—including Candace Owens, Glenn Beck, Fox News' Laura Ingraham and Tucker Carlson,[1 10][1 13][1 3][38] and Paul Joseph Watson,[1 14] the UK-based editor of Alex Jones' far-right conspiracy website Infowars where he advocated for the New World Order among others.[1 15] "

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #90 on: May 06, 2021, 04:43:19 am

Maybe try reading Klaus Schwab's book, and notice the plans listed, and then recognize that the WEF and associates hold the vast majority of all the world's wealth, and they are in a position to effect their plans.

Conspiracy theory?
I dont think so. But that has been one of the favorite deflections since the JFK assasination to marginalize those who questioned the official "magic bullet"story.
Are we to swallow every "official media narrative" unquestioningly just because some Wikipedia editor will call us conspiracy theorists if we don't?  Do they do our thinking for us now?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 04:52:12 am by ace.cafe »

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #91 on: May 06, 2021, 06:06:33 am
I had to add that the Wiki entry used an article and  from the very core publication of the globalists, " The Economist" and references to known Mockingbirds "The NY Times", "The Guardian", and the BBC which attempted to "debunk" what they called a "conspiracy theory" by fabricating a "right wing conspiracy theory" of their own to blame it on.

That was rich. I got a good laugh from their lack of introspection into their own writing.
 ;D

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #92 on: May 06, 2021, 07:17:40 am

Couple of observations

1. Europe is completely taken over by Schwabs agenda.

2. Destroying countries by the insane pressure cooker of one world shall apparently lead to people turning into property of their corporation or employer without any rights whatsoever, neither to quit and go to the better paying competition.

3. Homogenity is in first line about homogeneous thinking, forcing their views on everyone in second line about DNA.

4. Anyone taking the vaccine is now supposed to be granted some rights, rights to go into public without a mask, rights to work and rights to travel. Anyone taking the vaccine is giving them the rights to be genetically modified and declares him/herself a free subject for further testing and genetical modification.

....thank you very much commiecrats, it's working absolutely great.
"Ignorance is strength"

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #93 on: May 06, 2021, 07:22:52 am
" Are we to swallow every "official media narrative" unquestioningly just because some Wikipedia editor will call us conspiracy theorists if we don't? "

Using the term "known mockingbirds" to characterize the "NY Times", "The Guardian", and the BBC isn't helpful to a discussion, it comes across as a jingoistically used code word. The sources referred to are known credible information resources, not Tass or Pravda. If you want to make a point, it's much better to include some specific references, not let your reader guess what you're talking about.

There needs to be more critical thinking applied by the Right Wing crowd to their information sources. I'm generally not seeing much real interest in verifying what they think they know. Mostly they "hear something" and if it "feels right" they accept it as fact. I've seen a lot of friends and relations go down that rabbit hole, and that's a good way to end up being manipulated. Fox/OAN/NewsMax are there to sell airtime, if they can spin you up, you keep watching and they make more ad revenue.

On the "Left" there's a general lack of pragmatism, and they do like to shoot themselves in the foot periodically, but they also know how to research, communicate and have a tendency towards fairness. A vital part of logical thinking is the capacity to examine your own beliefs against new information. The "cancel culture" thing is a recent aberration, but I think they'll grow out of it.

Klaus Schwab isn't King, Sultan or President of anything. He doesn't have a military. Maybe he's a futurist, but so was Orwell, Verne, Asimov, Heinlein, etc. There's a big air gap between a conceptual idea and any implementation. There are a lot more players than the WEF, many of them quite well armed and with their own agendas.

Time article:
https://time.com/5742066/klaus-schwab-stakeholder-capitalism-davos/

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #94 on: May 06, 2021, 07:30:29 am
" 4. Anyone taking the vaccine is now supposed to be granted some rights, rights to go into public without a mask, rights to work and rights to travel. Anyone taking the vaccine is giving them the rights to be genetically modified and declares him/herself a free subject for further testing and genetical modification. "

That is out there...real sci-fi territory like nanobots or artificial gravity. But vaccine passports are a great idea - just like when you go to Africa, you need to prove you've been immunized against the bug du jour. Nobody wants your Dengue fever!

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #95 on: May 06, 2021, 07:44:28 am
This is what you may consider when going to India,

hepatitis A , hepatitis B , typhoid , cholera , yellow fever

....and a bottle of Corvoisier VSOP to kill the germ in the food.  ;)

I don't "have to" prove anything to anyone.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 08:10:25 am by derottone »
"Ignorance is strength"

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #96 on: May 06, 2021, 11:49:58 am
" Are we to swallow every "official media narrative" unquestioningly just because some Wikipedia editor will call us conspiracy theorists if we don't? "

Using the term "known mockingbirds" to characterize the "NY Times", "The Guardian", and the BBC isn't helpful to a discussion, it comes across as a jingoistically used code word. The sources referred to are known credible information resources, not Tass or Pravda. If you want to make a point, it's much better to include some specific references, not let your reader guess what you're talking about.

There needs to be more critical thinking applied by the Right Wing crowd to their information sources. I'm generally not seeing much real interest in verifying what they think they know. Mostly they "hear something" and if it "feels right" they accept it as fact. I've seen a lot of friends and relations go down that rabbit hole, and that's a good way to end up being manipulated. Fox/OAN/NewsMax are there to sell airtime, if they can spin you up, you keep watching and they make more ad revenue.

On the "Left" there's a general lack of pragmatism, and they do like to shoot themselves in the foot periodically, but they also know how to research, communicate and have a tendency towards fairness. A vital part of logical thinking is the capacity to examine your own beliefs against new information. The "cancel culture" thing is a recent aberration, but I think they'll grow out of it.

Klaus Schwab isn't King, Sultan or President of anything. He doesn't have a military. Maybe he's a futurist, but so was Orwell, Verne, Asimov, Heinlein, etc. There's a big air gap between a conceptual idea and any implementation. There are a lot more players than the WEF, many of them quite well armed and with their own agendas.

Time article:
https://time.com/5742066/klaus-schwab-stakeholder-capitalism-davos/

Schwab probably believes in what he says, he could be a Pundit to Gates. Or he could be a plan B for Gates - a way out, so that he can claim the Germans did it once his vaccination scheme goes belly up so that he doesn´t need to show up at the Nuernberg trials. ;)
"Ignorance is strength"

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
  • Downtown Los Angeles
Reply #97 on: May 06, 2021, 02:30:04 pm
Maybe try reading Klaus Schwab's book, and notice the plans listed,

"You will own nothing, and you will be happy."

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #98 on: May 06, 2021, 02:36:22 pm

"You will own nothing, and you will be happy."

I always thought the quote by someone in politics years ago was: "Shut up and pay your taxes".  Or maybe I saw that quote in a political cartoon having to do with Margret Thatcher?  ;)

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
  • Downtown Los Angeles
Reply #99 on: May 06, 2021, 03:15:40 pm
I always thought the quote by someone in politics years ago was: "Shut up and pay your taxes".  Or maybe I saw that quote in a political cartoon having to do with Margret Thatcher?  ;)

I think the verbatim Klaus Schwab quote is, "You'll own nothing, and you'll be happy about it."

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #100 on: May 06, 2021, 03:27:44 pm

I think the verbatim Klaus Schwab quote is, "You'll own nothing, and you'll be happy about it."

Well I own nothing (that I know of)...and I'm pretty happy about it.  ;)  :D ;D ;D ;D
"Ignorance is strength"

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #101 on: May 06, 2021, 03:51:58 pm
Hmmm....nonattributable, undocumented quotes used to confirm what we already want to believe....

I'm pretty sure Klaus said that we need to "Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law." and "Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy."

Yeah, I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Or, we could be a bit more discerning and examine what we see and read with some skeptical applied logic. Use what you actually know, not feel, to help ferret out what you don't know.

Here's a quote from Willie Stark:
" Now, listen to me, you hicks. Yeah, you're hicks too, and they fooled you a thousand times, just like they fooled me. But this time, I'm gonna fool somebody. I'm gonna stay in this race. I'm on my own and I'm out for blood. Now listen to me, you hicks! Listen to me, and lift up your eyes and look at God's blessed and unfly-blown truth. And this is the truth. You're a hick, and nobody ever helped a hick but a hick himself!...I'm the hick they were gonna use to split the hick vote. Well, I'm standin' here now on my hind legs. Even a dog can learn to do that. Are you standin' on your hind legs? Have you learned to do that much yet? "

Who is Willie Stark based on? Huey Long. Who's Huey Long? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huey_Long
Willie Stark, fictional character, a central figure in the novel All the King's Men (1946) by Robert Penn Warren. The life and career of Willie Stark, a flamboyant governor of a Southern U.S. state, were based on those of Huey Long, governor of Louisiana from 1928 to 1931.
Willie Stark | fictional character | Britannica  https://www.britannica.com

"Vote early & vote often" but clearly, verifiably understand why you're voting how you do. Because "If you don't vote, you don't matter". Sean Penn

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #102 on: May 10, 2021, 07:03:59 am
I find it fascinating how rats are fighting for privileges around here. Now apparently those who are vaccinated and those who are "recovered" are supposed to get their basic rights back. Now many "doctors" are "recovered" after being tested positively at first and negative two weeks later after being quarantined for two weeks enjoying a holiday in the nature. Now who could tell what the outcome of that testing could be.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/11/13/934494818/elon-musk-tests-positive-and-negative-for-coronavirus-awaiting-confirmation?t=1620626390427

...some of that Sputnik V could help.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 07:29:19 am by derottone »
"Ignorance is strength"

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #103 on: May 10, 2021, 01:56:54 pm
I find it fascinating how rats are fighting for privileges around here. Now apparently those who are vaccinated and those who are "recovered" are supposed to get their basic rights back. Now many "doctors" are "recovered" after being tested positively at first and negative two weeks later after being quarantined for two weeks enjoying a holiday in the nature. Now who could tell what the outcome of that testing could be.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/11/13/934494818/elon-musk-tests-positive-and-negative-for-coronavirus-awaiting-confirmation?t=1620626390427

...some of that Sputnik V could help.  ::)

I was thinking that everyone who has been vaccinated should have a stamp on their forehead that says "Verified Safe by Government Test".   :o

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #104 on: May 10, 2021, 01:59:17 pm
I was thinking that everyone who has been vaccinated should have a stamp on their forehead that says "Verified Safe by Government Test".   :o

That sounds like an excellent idea.  ;)
"Ignorance is strength"

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #105 on: May 10, 2021, 03:13:26 pm
I'm guessing that the Polio Vaccine recipients might have thought that designating who has been immunized already might have been prudent. As well as the Spanish Influenza folks. And the Zika folks. And the...well, you get the point. Enjoy being a voluntary bio-reactor for C19. The day your opinion prevents a communicable disease from gaining a foothold in your body, THAT will be a scientific and metaphysical miracle.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #106 on: May 10, 2021, 03:26:55 pm
I'm guessing that the Polio Vaccine recipients might have thought that designating who has been immunized already might have been prudent. As well as the Spanish Influenza folks. And the Zika folks. And the...well, you get the point. Enjoy being a voluntary bio-reactor for C19. The day your opinion prevents a communicable disease from gaining a foothold in your body, THAT will be a scientific and metaphysical miracle.

I agree, the day Sars, C 19 and all other derivations of influenza are exterminated from the surface of the planet earth the planet will be saved.
"Ignorance is strength"

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #107 on: May 10, 2021, 03:31:41 pm
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/You+can+lead+a+horse+to+water

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #108 on: May 10, 2021, 03:41:32 pm
Where is the water, I can't see it.  ;)
"Ignorance is strength"

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #109 on: May 10, 2021, 04:07:39 pm
" You see, Younger Bear had become a contrary, the most dangerous of all Cheyenne warriors because the way they live drives them half-crazy. Except for battle, a contrary does everything backwards. He says "goodbye" for "hello", "yes" for "no", walks through bushes instead of on trails, and washes with dirt and dries with water. " Jack Crabb

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Big_Man_(film)

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #110 on: May 10, 2021, 06:20:14 pm
https://youtu.be/5R6wK1VWH1k

...here you have it, what a movie. Its got a Greta in it too if I remember correctly.  ;)
"Ignorance is strength"

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #111 on: May 12, 2021, 04:38:30 pm

...here you have a first recommended canditates for that stamp on their forehead.   ;D

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/sweden/the-king-of-sweden-is-seen-getting-the-coronavirus-vaccination-154804/

...he is safe, 100% I read in the news that they are all under survailance 24/7. Can´t wait to see online the bathroom footage of that "Victoria" online. She looks pretty hot.  ;) ...global warming svine don´t deserve better anyway.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 05:34:32 pm by derottone »
"Ignorance is strength"

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #112 on: May 12, 2021, 06:41:31 pm
The day your opinion prevents a communicable disease from gaining a foothold in your body, THAT will be a scientific and metaphysical miracle.

Personal opinion, I give a f"§$ck about you! Because a 2-valve ace head in a 500cc machine will prevail until maybe 8k rpms. And I give a F"§$ck about about you, because the "Stars" of science say so!  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Except of Celsius, must have been a swedish commie wan§$er, which is why he´s been replaced by Kelvin!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 06:47:29 pm by derottone »
"Ignorance is strength"

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #113 on: May 12, 2021, 07:27:31 pm
Maybe this is needed??   :o

Instant Relief from Stress and Anxiety | Detox Negative Emotions, Calm Nature Healing Sleep Music
Sleep Easy Relax - Keith Smith

I hope you find some instant relief from stress and anxiety with this healing music. Gentle delta waves have been added for extra calm and peace. Wishing you deep relaxation and peaceful sleep. Reduce stress and anxiety and find some instant calm with this gentle clouds video. Enjoy this Original peaceful dream relaxing music by Sleep Easy Relax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79kpoGF8KWU

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #114 on: May 12, 2021, 07:55:22 pm
Maybe this is needed??   :o

Instant Relief from Stress and Anxiety | Detox Negative Emotions, Calm Nature Healing Sleep Music
Sleep Easy Relax - Keith Smith

I hope you find some instant relief from stress and anxiety with this healing music. Gentle delta waves have been added for extra calm and peace. Wishing you deep relaxation and peaceful sleep. Reduce stress and anxiety and find some instant calm with this gentle clouds video. Enjoy this Original peaceful dream relaxing music by Sleep Easy Relax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79kpoGF8KWU

Not for me, I "WANT" to "SEE" the point of "Zero" temperature in that "Wa@&z" company.  ;)

...no choice anyway.  :-[
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 07:57:41 pm by derottone »
"Ignorance is strength"

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Theres a last time for everything
Reply #115 on: May 12, 2021, 10:12:07 pm
What blows my mind about immunizing India is How do you vaccinate 1.5 billion people ? I they are still procreating is it possible to get everyone before they are replaced by their offspring? Won't it be like painting the Golden Gate Bridge? The numbers are staggering.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shocks,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #116 on: May 12, 2021, 10:16:32 pm
...here you have a first recommended canditates for that stamp on their forehead.   ;D

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/sweden/the-king-of-sweden-is-seen-getting-the-coronavirus-vaccination-154804/

...he is safe, 100% I read in the news that they are all under survailance 24/7. Can´t wait to see online the bathroom footage of that "Victoria" online. She looks pretty hot.  ;) ...global warming svine don´t deserve better anyway.

That is what the U.S. needs. A king to lead us to a better life.  ::) Does anyone have any recommendations? Perhaps someone that lives in Florida, plays golf and just won't go away?   :o

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #117 on: May 12, 2021, 10:23:36 pm
What blows my mind about immunizing India is How do you vaccinate 1.5 billion people ? I they are still procreating is it possible to get everyone before they are replaced by their offspring? Won't it be like painting the Golden Gate Bridge? The numbers are staggering.

I "believe" the Indians are going to sit quietly and "smoke" the piece pipe with that golden gates bridge. We shall see anyway, I'm not too inclined to see that, but no choice I suppose.
"Ignorance is strength"

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #118 on: May 12, 2021, 10:43:30 pm
That is what the U.S. needs. A king to lead us to a better life.  ::) Does anyone have any recommendations? Perhaps someone that lives in Florida, plays golf and just won't go away?   :o

...if you review the history of Sweden it took couple of times a king to correct the actions of the "democratic" government. That democratic gov. over there appears gutless beyond believe, everything is a "recommendation" to be exploited by the little mafias at will.
"Ignorance is strength"

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #119 on: May 12, 2021, 11:18:28 pm
@ #115: We'll be done with everyone sane enough to participate probably by October or so. India should take about a year after the vaccines start to show up. They are a pharmaceutical powerhouse and they have lots more medical people than we do. The anti-vaxxers here will make nice bio-reactors for new variants, increasing Big Pharma profits, so maybe Pfizer or J&J will kick in a bit on funerals.