Author Topic: Sweden and California  (Read 77312 times)

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #420 on: June 29, 2021, 04:55:22 pm
Sounds like a great idea, will be like Sweden where everyone is a criminal suspect and everyone gets a social worker to monitor everyone. Heaven on Earth.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #421 on: June 30, 2021, 09:43:30 am
Sounds like a great idea, will be like Sweden where everyone is a criminal suspect and everyone gets a social worker to monitor everyone. Heaven on Earth.

..well anyway since the Swedish police is useless and suffer Stockholm syndrom, they targeting the victims of crime, so can as well be defunded compleatly.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #422 on: July 05, 2021, 01:56:52 am
Today is the U.S. Fourth of July holiday. To celebrate in today's sports contest news, San Jose's Joey Chestnut, the world's hotdog eating champion, broke his own record by eating 76 full size hotdogs and buns within just 10 minutes. The winner of the woman's event was only able to down 31 hotdogs. Now that is what we do for fun and to celebrate our independence from England.  ;)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #423 on: July 05, 2021, 03:05:47 am
Looks like we are also celebrating by selling fireworks to morons and pretending to be surprised later when our fields & forests are set ablaze.

The USA - not too tuned into rational behavior. I'm OK with taping a check for $100K on the terminally stoopid and giving them 90 days to find another country to be stoopid in, just don't come back. Somalia/Argentina/et al might develop a new industry overnight...and it'd be worth it.

Le génie humain a des bornes, Mais la sottise n’en a pas.

The total amount of intelligence is finite, thus the more it's divided up, the dumber we get.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 03:08:08 am by AzCal Retred »
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #424 on: July 05, 2021, 03:19:20 am
Looks like we are also celebrating by selling fireworks to morons and pretending to be surprised later when our fields & forests are set ablaze.

The town I live in was almost burnt to the ground by the British in 1777 -  https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/british-attack-danbury-connecticut

Tonight it sounds like they're back and ready to finish the job.  ;)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #425 on: July 05, 2021, 02:26:46 pm
Most types of fireworks are illegal in all towns in the SF Bay Area. While my town is one of the few that does allow "safe and sane" fireworks to be sold by nonprofit charities, there will be a public vote later this year that would outlaw their sale in the future.

But what has always been illegal are fireworks that shoot up in the air and explode - or just explode and leave holes in the asphalt and shake the neighborhood.  :o There were illuminated signs on all of the major highways, as well as constant TV and radio announcements advising the public that if you were caught using illegal fireworks you would be subject to a minimum $1000 fine and a possible year in jail.

Last night down the street from me there were explosions and exploding rockets shooting a hundred feet in the air that went on for hours. And right across the street is a hillside with very dry vegetation. Even though you could see these fireworks from a couple of miles away, not a single cop passed by and put a stop to the action. You can have all the laws and penalties that you want, but if no one will enforce the laws, why bother.  >:(

Fortunately, no fires were started that I saw last night. So we got lucky in that regard.  :)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #426 on: July 05, 2021, 03:46:02 pm
+1 to #424, #425....dodged the bullet for now. Come on November!
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #427 on: July 05, 2021, 03:50:47 pm
For the historically-minded here's a letter from Founding Father and 2nd President John Adams to his wife Abigail about the first annual "Independency" celebrations in Philadelphia in 1777 (see page 3), which, oddly enough, were celebrated on July 2nd: www.masshist.org/digitaladams/archive/doc?id=L17760703jasecond
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #428 on: July 08, 2021, 02:21:48 pm
For the historically-minded here's a letter from Founding Father and 2nd President John Adams to his wife Abigail about the first annual "Independency" celebrations in Philadelphia in 1777 (see page 3), which, oddly enough, were celebrated on July 2nd: www.masshist.org/digitaladams/archive/doc?id=L17760703jasecond
GOOD STUFF thanks
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #429 on: July 08, 2021, 08:02:36 pm

FWIW July 2nd was proposed as the initial holiday, because that was the day the Continental Congress declared independance from England. The Declaration was edited over the next two days, and accepted on the 4th.  But I suspect you already knew that.  ;)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #430 on: July 24, 2021, 02:52:44 am
Scotty Kilmer just dropped a video titled, "BMW Just Got Fined Billions of Dollars and May Go Bust", wherein he explains how the EU is severely punishing BMW (and VW as well, it seems) for somehow colluding not to make cleaner vehicles than the law stipulated. I don't know the ins and outs of the case, but I thought it might be appropriate in this thread, which dances that fine line between railing at tyrannical government overreach and having one's pharmacist screw up that decimal point again: https://youtu.be/ShxBmzQO8Jk

Enjoy! Thy Nørdic Øverlørds will it so!
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #431 on: July 24, 2021, 07:12:48 am
It's probably a rebranded bribe or a donation for a noble course.

Anyone still wants to go to work?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 08:00:05 am by derottone »

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #432 on: July 24, 2021, 02:19:20 pm
Scotty Kilmer just dropped a video titled, "BMW Just Got Fined Billions of Dollars and May Go Bust", wherein he explains how the EU is severely punishing BMW (and VW as well, it seems) for somehow colluding not to make cleaner vehicles than the law stipulated. I don't know the ins and outs of the case, but I thought it might be appropriate in this thread, which dances that fine line between railing at tyrannical government overreach and having one's pharmacist screw up that decimal point again: https://youtu.be/ShxBmzQO8Jk

Enjoy! Thy Nørdic Øverlørds will it so!

One thing about Scotty is that he likes to keep the air moving around him while he rants.  ;)

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #433 on: July 24, 2021, 07:27:58 pm
One thing about Scotty is that he likes to keep the air moving around him while he rants.  ;)

:o...probably the last thing i might have noticed.  ;D

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #434 on: August 03, 2021, 02:53:08 pm
Here we go again. The latest news from California this week is that we may not be able to buy bacon (or any other pig parts, feet included) next year when a new law goes into effect that says that any pig parts sold in California must come from happy pigs raised sustainably and with all of the comforts of home, including being served nothing but the best 5-star restaurant slop, having high-speed internet connections and soothing MTV music. Apparently, only 4% of the country's pigs get that kind of attention. Since California's residents eat 15% of the pigs in the U.S. each year, next year there are going to be a lot of bacon lovers who are going to be really pissed when they can't get bacon with their free-range eggs and non-GMO hashed brown potatoes.   :'(  If the state's regulators don't find a way around this law, we might be having another recall next year. Or worse yet, more riots in the malls and butcher shops.  :o

On the other hand, we might start growing bacon in our labs using the leftover petro-chemicals that have been replaced by ethanol in gasoline, to make everyone happy. And we can call it Soylant Green.  ::)