Author Topic: Building A Overland  (Read 1085 times)

Struggler

• Scooter
  • Pax Et Bonum
on: June 09, 2023, 01:51:20 am
Hey everyone, I am building up my INT650 into an Overland. I say Overland because it’s not really a Scrambler and it’s not a ADV. The low pipes kind of ruin both of those. My build thought is to get me out of traffic (no bike should set in traffic) and yes I am all for traffic laws but traffic, nope! This is my daily driver but I enjoy fly fishing and camping so that has lead me to the mods that I am making. I will attempt to get it posted in BikeBound and if anyone has any questions I will be more than happy to answer them. I am working with a company out of India, Autologue Design. This company makes so pretty cool stuff and a decent price. Fender kit side panels (not installed yet) and fly screen. I do have a fairing that I was going to run when traveling out of town but I think I might go with a more vintage style like the old cruiser windshield. The Tusk panniers are nice but the sellers and customer support are not worth the time of day! Most customers of my parts have been acquired from eBay, Amazon, Lowbrow Customs or direct from suppliers. Again I am painting my bike so the new badging (like Triumph) is not installed, nor is my cherry brown leather touring seat that I had custom made with extra padding installed along with the crossbar pad, knee pads and back rest pad that I will bolt on the rear basket. A little about myself, I used to race bicycles and I owned a bike shop up until I became disabled due to the years of combined accidents and genetics. My last build was in 08’. It was a HD Nightster that I had custom thumb stone hard bags, trunk and audio bat wing fairing along with air ride. I had to come off the bike in 09’ due to spinal and hip damage. Ended up in a wheelchair for a time but our Lord Jesus Christ has brought my health back to a point that I can ride again. I am in Dallas Texas and would love to get a group of RE riders together to converse, wrench and ride together. I am disabled so it takes me a long time to do things and it usually take a toll on me. I can not really work anymore but I do make custom pipes (tobacco hand made briar) when I am feeling well enough. I am a man of God, a father, a husband and a son. Again, I am a little slow on things but my love for the bike (motorcycle and bicycle) still hold true to my heart. I chose the Interceptor for it’s vintage styling and simplicity. It’s enough bike for me now and since I took delivery back in January I am truly enjoying every day I can with it. To all during these troubling times, please stay safe, stay healthy and keep the rubber side down,
Lay Monk Jeffery aka Struggler⚓️
“Christ died for our sins”…1 Corinthians 15:3