Author Topic: Instruments viewing cover on the instruments console unit  (Read 639 times)

Dr Jack P.

• Neophyte
Hey, does anyone out there has a spare instruments viewing panel, used or new?

A flying stone off gravel road hit one my visors on the panel, specifically one that covers fuel gauge & compass. I did a temporary repairs to keep rain off but it's a quite crude fix. I seems that one can only buy the whole unit but not solely the cover. Seems strange to me. All instruments work perfectly on my Himalayan. This said, I know that if anything in the unit gets faulty, then as a replacement (warranty or post-warranty) one gets or buys a new complete unit. So, maybe, there are faulty units with perfect covers in some garages. It only takes undoing several small screw on the back of the unit to free the top cover with three "glass" visors.

Let me know, thanks
Jack 

oldphart

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 06:51:45 am
Cripes, you're a bit unlucky having that happen. I can even work out how it would though it makes me glad I fitted a short fairing rather than ride without one.

No you can't have my cover  ;D
Grandpa Slow

2021 Classic 500

Dr Jack P.

• Neophyte
Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 08:32:03 am
Simple though rare occurrence, it actually happened also to a friend of mine who rides a dual purpose Kawasaki, though some time ago, but in similar circumstances. Stones were thrown off a 4WD truck going uphill when we were going down on quite wide but winding gravel road at some speed. The friend got screen and speedo damaged. Rare incidence but it did happen. OK, keep your cover, cheers