Author Topic: New motorcycle with origin fault (Himalayan)  (Read 3298 times)

pmperez2014

• Scooter
on: May 22, 2020, 04:16:36 pm
Hello, I bought a Himalayan and from the first day it has faults in low revolutions, the engine shuts down. I must hold down the throttle so the engine warms up and won't shut off, if I let it go down to 1000 rpm and it shuts down.
The fault also continues with the engine warm, when it reaches a traffic light and brakes, the revs drop and the engine shuts down, it does not maintain idle.

The motorcycle has 400 km, in the technical service they tell me that it is normal that I must do more kilometers so that it is normalized. I do not accept that type of response because it is a 0 km vehicle and must not have that failure. Can someone guide me to solve that fault? Thank yout

AK Mike

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 04:27:06 pm
You will have to adjust the idle screw, which on the Himmy is located under the fuel tank... and you'll have to remove it, (bad design).  Here is a good video that will walk you through it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbjTK3yXo30
Turn the screw to the left to increase the idle.

pmperez2014

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 03:07:21 pm
OK, thank you very much for the information

AK Mike

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 07:52:26 pm
OK, thank you very much for the information
I also just found out that your problem could be the throttle position sensor (TPS), so be sure to check it's properly seated, and also in the correct position.  Here is a new and very good video that describes this procedure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNYGt2RW8pM

oldphart

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 08:48:48 am
The idle speed is supposed to be (a rather high) 1,500 so if it's set below that, it won't be happy. Also, at 400km, it is still very very tight - mine didn't really loosen up until 1,500kms and kept getting better until over 3,000km.

It could also be that you've got a tighter than common motor and it'll just need more running in. So apart from checking out the advice offered above, just get out and ride the thing, spend a weekend on twisting roads so you're constantly varying the revs and you'll find that the motor will very soon become as happy as you'll be.
Grandpa Slow

2021 Classic 500

EnfieldGuy

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 05:50:51 pm
Hello, I bought a Himalayan and from the first day it has faults in low revolutions, the engine shuts down. I must hold down the throttle so the engine warms up and won't shut off, if I let it go down to 1000 rpm and it shuts down.
The fault also continues with the engine warm, when it reaches a traffic light and brakes, the revs drop and the engine shuts down, it does not maintain idle.

The motorcycle has 400 km, in the technical service they tell me that it is normal that I must do more kilometers so that it is normalized. I do not accept that type of response because it is a 0 km vehicle and must not have that failure. Can someone guide me to solve that fault? Thank yout

I assume you do not have any engine management light illuminated? What rpm does the bike tick over at when warm? I have found that the increasing of the idle rpm seems to have the opposite effect that you would expect on the stalling issue, and if you set the idle at the lower end of the recommended rpm, it settles down to idle much more smoothly.