Author Topic: Missing In Action?  (Read 3324 times)

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #15 on: March 29, 2021, 12:41:23 am

As for "Eddiesgirl", I did reach out to her a couple of days ago via PM and email only to advise her of this thread under my overly grand imprimatur as "Global Moderator", but haven't heard a peep back. I like to think she's just up on the northern banks of Lake Tahoe, far from the wifi and other concerns of the world, in that snappy little girly-bedazzled trailer of hers by a crackling campfire gorging on the finest 'smores in the Western Hemisphere.

I hope you're right. I just checked my messages and hers look like they have disappeared. Nothing personal but I sent her a set of saddlebags I wasn't using so I thought there would be some record. Any other forum and I would figure they just moved on, but when bikes are involved there's always that worse case scenario to consider.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #16 on: April 03, 2021, 12:43:55 am
Never heard of Eddie .
They come and go like a river .
It’s okay to direct message.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

mwmosser

• Illegitimi non carborundum
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #17 on: April 05, 2021, 05:07:08 pm
I'm guiltier than most of dancing the old guy onion-on-my-belt digression two-step, but to my credit I usually try to bring my wanderings back home on topic somehow, and do spend a fair bit of my time trying earnestly to help newbies in our midst whenever I can, though hardly any "expert." It just seems the right thing to do.

As for "Eddiesgirl", I did reach out to her a couple of days ago via PM and email only to advise her of this thread under my overly grand imprimatur as "Global Moderator", but haven't heard a peep back. I like to think she's just up on the northern banks of Lake Tahoe, far from the wifi and other concerns of the world, in that snappy little girly-bedazzled trailer of hers by a crackling campfire gorging on the finest 'smores in the Western Hemisphere.

As for this 650s thread, it has not passed notice by the powers-that-be that it's grown a bit like a super-giant neutron star in its grasp of all matter, and grown perhaps a tad "snarlier", especially politically, than in us grey-bearded types' normal redoubts, galvanized as we've been by shortcomings in design and disappointments--camaraderie found in shared sufferings, which you "Modernos" with your reasonably tip-top 650s have mostly mercifully been spared, as it were. Yet even though I did punt this thread over into the 'Campfire' section as per your suggestions, I might suggest a bit of familiarization by our users with other more suitable topical locations for their contributions to the Forum. Or don't. I'm honestly not that bothered.

I've cut my posting down on the 650 forum, mostly because I think I'm probably the most guilty of thread drift. At least I am self-aware, but to all of you who I've offended because I take the conversation in a different direction (sometimes completely out of left field), welcome to my world. My poor students never know what they're going to get - I think it's my undiagnosed and untreated ADHD giving everyone the equivalent of "squirrel!"

Anyway, I do hope she's ok.
2019 Interceptor 650 Mark Three

Jack Straw

• LAUGH MORE, LIVE LONGER
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #18 on: April 05, 2021, 07:56:56 pm
Relax mw, we're all guilty of promulgating the dreaded thread drift.  You're posts are well thought out and unlike some here (who shall remain nameless) that seem in need of misinterpreting plain English to advance their agenda of the moment, you think and write clearly with comprehensible logic.

I've been emailing with a fellow who was entertaining and informative in his posting.  He backed away from the forum because he was tired of some members going out of their way to argue and was "invited" to stop posting by one member.  Jesus wept.

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: April 05, 2021, 09:11:35 pm
I've cut my posting down on the 650 forum, mostly because I think I'm probably the most guilty of thread drift. At least I am self-aware, but to all of you who I've offended because I take the conversation in a different direction (sometimes completely out of left field), welcome to my world. My poor students never know what they're going to get - I think it's my undiagnosed and untreated ADHD giving everyone the equivalent of "squirrel!"

Anyway, I do hope she's ok.

Thread drift is what keeps it interesting, you're not the worst by far and your posts are always worth reading.  ;)

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: April 05, 2021, 09:25:06 pm
In keeping from too much “tread drift”. I looked at Eddiesgirl profile He/ she hadn’t been active but for only 4-5 months. I propose that he/she change her/his name to “ FastEddiesGirl”.

mwmosser

• Illegitimi non carborundum
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #21 on: April 06, 2021, 06:02:07 pm
It's true our forum is better than most on the internet in keeping disputes civil. Any enlightened discourse needs multiple points of view in order to persist, and I think enlightened discourse is essential for any society (not just one of RE riders) to move forward.

Now let's hope that EddiesGirl will contribute again to that discourse at some point soon.
2019 Interceptor 650 Mark Three

eddiesgirl

• The only girl here.
  • Grease Monkey
  • Ventura, CA
Reply #22 on: July 30, 2021, 01:59:25 am
Did someone say "thread drift"? OK it's true that I backed away in part because I felt I wasn't adding relevant discussion to topics. But gents, it warms my heart that there are a few others who not only wondered where I went, but heartily raised a hand (perhaps adding a little "Amen") to being a part of Thread Drift Nation.

I posted an update (probably in the wrong place but the Campfire location is new to me) in 650. Love it or move it.

As for political topics, music taste discussions, vernacular concerns, etc., in my opinion those are the things that keep boards like this alive. If it was always all about tires and exhausts and "that issue with the wiring", my gawd I really would only visit every 6 months.

I happen to have gotten a LOT out of drifting information, and it has made my rides more fun BECAUSE I know the thoughts and minds of people all over the world who happen to have the same bike as I do. For me, that's what it's all about. Well, that and the hokie-pokie.
2020 INT 650 Silver Spectre

Ventura, CA, USA

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #23 on: July 30, 2021, 02:45:56 am
Welcome back! - ACR -
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: July 30, 2021, 02:54:25 pm
Did someone say "thread drift"? OK it's true that I backed away in part because I felt I wasn't adding relevant discussion to topics. But gents, it warms my heart that there are a few others who not only wondered where I went, but heartily raised a hand (perhaps adding a little "Amen") to being a part of Thread Drift Nation.

I posted an update (probably in the wrong place but the Campfire location is new to me) in 650. Love it or move it.

As for political topics, music taste discussions, vernacular concerns, etc., in my opinion those are the things that keep boards like this alive. If it was always all about tires and exhausts and "that issue with the wiring", my gawd I really would only visit every 6 months.

I happen to have gotten a LOT out of drifting information, and it has made my rides more fun BECAUSE I know the thoughts and minds of people all over the world who happen to have the same bike as I do. For me, that's what it's all about. Well, that and the hokie-pokie.

Amen.  :)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: August 02, 2021, 11:43:11 pm
Proves that many RE owners are very thirsty men.