Author Topic: Rear sets for Bullet 500  (Read 589 times)

manxmike

• Manxmike
  • Scooter
on: February 28, 2024, 03:25:36 pm
I have managed to get hold of a pair of Classic Dunstall Rear sets which I intend to try and fit to my 500 Bullet. I have a feeling that some work will have to be done to make them fit, but I'm up for a challenge.
The reason I want to fit rear sets is the length of my legs, putting my feet on the passenger pegs is just that bit too far back, but more comfortable than the position of the front footrests. Mid way between the two would be ideal. It would also mean I'm riding a bit more "forward" than sit up and beg, better for my back.
I'll post pics when I've worked out the bodges needed.
If all about you are panicking then you've missed something important

joestrummer

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 05:51:16 pm
That sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how you make out. If you don't mind, how tall are you?

manxmike

• Manxmike
  • Scooter
Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 11:28:04 am
I'm only 5 feet 10 inches, but I have fairly long legs. Most of my previous bikes have been either sports bikes or have had rear-sets fitted (usually by me) The exceptions were Honda Deauvilles (3 of them) which were a bit like riding your favourite armchair for mile after mile then getting off and still being able to walk.
If all about you are panicking then you've missed something important

Monkee

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 02:02:52 pm
Do let us know! i'd love to have my C5's foot pegs about 2 inches aft.

Keef Sparrow

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 02:35:59 pm
I'm happy with the pegs where they are on my 2020 Trials, but I'd just like folding ones as there isn't much cornering ground clearance. Mind you, the brake pedal grounds on the right and and I don't see a simple solution to that.  ???
Past: CB125-T2, T500, GT500, Speed Triple, 955i Daytona. Now: Royal Enfield Bullet Trials 500

rattonshaw

• Scooter
  • Classic Long Distance Trials
Reply #5 on: April 02, 2024, 08:14:56 am
I've fitted folding foot pegs almost in line with the swing arm spindle by fabricating plates.  They work well for me.