Author Topic: Tool Pouch ¼-Inch Drive Ratchet & Screwdriver  (Read 1129 times)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
on: April 12, 2023, 05:06:06 pm
Being a happy tool bottom-feeder, I thought I knew every nook and cranny of my local Harbor Freight. Yet I still stumbled upon something new yesterday that I thought might be a great addition to any vehicle's tool pouch for just $2.99. They describe it as a Ratcheting Right Angle Multi-Bit Screwdriver Set, 8 Piece. But, handy enough as a ratcheting screwdriver needing merely 1 inch of clearance, it also has a secret trick: if you simply ease off that little gnurled spin knob, it reveals a perfectly fine ¼-inch ratchet drive below. And naturally, the knob will ease right back over that drive pawl. Weirdly enough, apart from that vague "convenient ratcheting mechanism" mention this useful little feature is not at all spelled out or shown in the tool's description online:

The 8 piece right angle screwdriver is designed to get into areas with only 1 in. of clearance. The convenient ratcheting mechanism provides ample torque for tightening and loosening hardware. The screwdrivers come with 7 hex bits.
  • Designed to get into hard-to-reach areas - requires only 1 in. of clearance!
  • Includes 7 hex bits: PH1, PH2, PH3, 3/16 in., 1/4 in., T15, and T20
  • Convenient ratcheting mechanism

As you might guess from the fact that it costs less than three bucks, we ain't talking about something that fell from Olympus, some Tool of the Gods or the pinnacle of the Toolmaker's Craft here. But it's hardy enough, and with the tool itself weighing in at a mere 2 ounces (or 60 grams) and being just 4⅜ inches long, I'd wager it and a few well-chosen ¼ inch drive sockets would tuck nicely into most any tool pouch no matter how cramped.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 11:23:32 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

him a layin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 12:59:37 am
not bad, not bad at all.