Author Topic: Hitchcock's Rev Counter for the Classic 350 Reborn  (Read 360 times)

nissbird

• Scooter
  • UK
on: March 28, 2024, 01:32:04 pm
Can someone clarify for me the following?

Does The Hitchcock's Rev Counter for the Classic 350 Reborn turn on with the ignition switch or when the engine fires up?

I ask this because looking at the kit and reading the instructions states the power is from the AUX connector. This connector according to the Meteor wiring diagram and confirmed by my own testing only provides power when the engine is running.

Any answer is much appreciated.

Scooter MGee

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 01:37:14 pm
That is correct. The rev meter is only active once the bike is running.
If I were to have been The Bandit, Sally'd have 8 kids.

Father of Dragons

• Bulleteer
  • Cardiff, Wales
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 01:44:27 pm
Any reason you'd want the rev counter working when the engine isn't running?  One reason would be that you can set the various modes by connecting the "ancillary" wires rather than access the knobs on the back, which is what I did (the second time  ::) - and I was so sure that I'd done it without the engine running that I went to the garage to check this morning....and guess what, I was wrong  :o

AzKev

• Grease Monkey
  • Arizona, USA
Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 02:42:29 pm
Any reason you'd want the rev counter working when the engine isn't running? 

I was wondering that same thing...? Perhaps the question was purely out of curiosity, because it wouldn't sense to be counting revs when the motor isn't revving lol.
Keepin' the shiny side up - ride safe everyone 😊👍

60muzz

• Bulleteer
  • Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 05:53:26 am
I think, and can be corrected, but Hitchcocks kit uses Daytona Tachos, unless they have moved to another supplier.
The Daytona units have other functions, clock for example and hence would need full time 12volt connection to maintain time.
They also store other info, max revs, time run etc to memory, if that is volatile memory then that data would be lost
without constant 12volt connection.

Father of Dragons

• Bulleteer
  • Cardiff, Wales
Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 09:03:35 am
Mine is a Daytona unit and it works fine without the constant 12v.  I'd have to go out to the garage to see if it has a clock setting (aka can't be ar**d) but I presently have mine indicating battery voltage.  Only problem is I need a microscope to see it  :o