Author Topic: Royal Enfield product reviews  (Read 77174 times)

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #270 on: October 16, 2019, 05:55:04 am
       C'mon! A Show and Tell for tassels? ??? ???

I know I'll get shit for this, but be careful to not slip any further into Home Shopping Network hyperbole in your reviews. We all know they're not handmade (show me) and the "drive-bys" were a bit silly.

I mean no offense here; the discounts you have gotten for buyers are a good.

Yes, a "Show and tell" for tassels. Honestly, I review products that appeal to some and not to others. I personally don't care for the tassel look (They were on my bike until I finished the video), or if everyone likes them. Trip Machine sent them to me to review for them, so I kept an open mind and made an unbiased video. I targeted the video to individuals who DO like them. I review what is offered to me, and what I do not like, I usually give away. Simple as that. I enjoy doing what I do and do it because I enjoy it. As far as a "Home shopping " vibe, it is what it is, If you don't like it, don't watch. Everyone seems to be so quick to criticize every video I do without considering the work put into them to secure the product, record segments, re-record mistakes, edit, and edit each individual section a second time to give to the companies via Drop Box, etc. A lot of time and effort goes into making these videos, not to mention the fact that I am disabled, so some installation videos take me DAYS to finish because I am in pain, but thanks to "Movie Magic" no one knows about it and think it is a few hours or so. But I don't complain. So before you step up onto your soap box, give a deeply critical opinion, threaten to shoot me over jiggler keys, etc., think for a moment, "Was this video targeted to me?" (If you didn't like the product, probably not). If you do like my videos (Or some), I'm glad, I want you guys to like them. Just keep in mind that not everyone will like the same things and that's okay. We don't have to, that's the wonderful thing about motorcycles; not everyone's is the same. You can make it your own however you see fit.  :)
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #271 on: October 16, 2019, 12:22:40 pm
    Yes, a "Show and tell" for tassels. Honestly, I review products that appeal to some and not to others. I personally don't care for the tassel look (They were on my bike until I finished the video), or if everyone likes them. Trip Machine sent them to me to review for them, so I kept an open mind and made an unbiased video. I targeted the video to individuals who DO like them. I review what is offered to me, and what I do not like, I usually give away. Simple as that. I enjoy doing what I do and do it because I enjoy it. As far as a "Home shopping " vibe, it is what it is, If you don't like it, don't watch. Everyone seems to be so quick to criticize every video I do without considering the work put into them to secure the product, record segments, re-record mistakes, edit, and edit each individual section a second time to give to the companies via Drop Box, etc. A lot of time and effort goes into making these videos, not to mention the fact that I am disabled, so some installation videos take me DAYS to finish because I am in pain, but thanks to "Movie Magic" no one knows about it and think it is a few hours or so. But I don't complain. So before you step up onto your soap box, give a deeply critical opinion, threaten to shoot me over jiggler keys, etc., think for a moment, "Was this video targeted to me?" (If you didn't like the product, probably not). If you do like my videos (Or some), I'm glad, I want you guys to like them. Just keep in mind that not everyone will like the same things and that's okay. We don't have to, that's the wonderful thing about motorcycles; not everyone's is the same. You can make it your own however you see fit.  :)

OK. Color me chastised. I just don't care for tassels; I think they're silly. I, too, have paid a lotta dues in my almost 82 years and perhaps I have become too opinionated, cynical and outspoken in my views on certain things. I apologize for the Home Shopping Network comment. I'm glad to hear you took the tassels off  :) :) 
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #272 on: October 16, 2019, 01:13:59 pm
        OK. Color me chastised. I just don't care for tassels; I think they're silly. I, too, have paid a lotta dues in my almost 82 years and perhaps I have become too opinionated, cynical and outspoken in my views on certain things. I apologize for the Home Shopping Network comment. I'm glad to hear you took the tassels off  :) :)

No chastising was intended. Just a little informative thing. But, I do still have the tassels if you want to give them a try.  ;)

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #273 on: October 17, 2019, 12:34:43 am
Coming up next on the Home Shopping Network, we have a product that has classic style with a modern touch. Or tanzanite jewelry. One or the other. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU_7XTKgsj4

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #274 on: October 17, 2019, 01:47:09 pm
Very nice jacket! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #275 on: October 17, 2019, 07:29:16 pm
If you keep making those videos, Maddman, I'll keep watching them. I might not be compelled to get my hands on everything you review, but that front brake lever lock doodad and see-through push rod tappet adjustment cover you featured are both hits in my book.

Wow! It looks like this is my thousandth posting! So, do I know how to waste time or what?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:02:27 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #276 on: October 17, 2019, 07:53:59 pm
If you keep making those videos, Maddman, I'll keep watching them. I might not be compelled to get my hands on everything you review, but that front brake lever lock doodad and see-through push rods cover you featured are a hit.

I appreciate that Bill, I really do love making these videos. 1) It's fun and 2) It gives me something to do and adds Meaning to my pretty boring schedule. I will however, be adding reptile content to the channel starting next week. I rode out to Kernersville NC this morning (The jacket from yesterdays video kept me comfy cozy at 40 degrees) to visit the Reptile Center/Medical Center/Zoo to meet the founder Chad who also has a YouTube Channel "Reptile Rangers". So next week's video is a first of hopefully many collaborations with him. I got really cool footage of Rattle snakes of all types, Cobras (Including a King Cobra who got all types of sassy with us) Crocodilians and an interview with Chad. I do own snakes and they are a real passion of mine. I would really like to break the stigma that reptiles in general have and spread real knowledge and love for them as well.

Frogman8

• Scooter
Reply #277 on: October 31, 2019, 07:03:51 pm
 Bmadd34
Thanks you for the time and effort to make these videos for us. They are much appreciated.
May I offer a few suggestions for your consideration.
Try to reduce the length and increase the number of vids. Though most wont admit it, adults have an attention span of 45 seconds at max.  A 3-5 min video will get many more eyeballs than a longer one. But we want to jump to your next vid thereafter, so more = better.
We would love to see a vid about you making the vids. A behind the scenes look will help people appreciate the effort in making it.
Lastly, please keep organizing events and meet ups. Since you have a connect with RE US Corp, maybe you can champion a Trans NJ trail or Trans America Trail ride sponsored by RE.  Am sure many of us would love to do a part of that ride and meet the many gurus on this forum -including yourself- that keep our bikes going and our passion for the brand high.
2011 G5: The 'new' 'Toofan' Mail. Thunderous name.. pedestrian pace
2008 Iron Barrel: Sold in a moment of madness
2001 Triumph Legend 900
2013 Kawasaki KLX 250, will ride someday
1991 Honda Nighthawk: Sold...Incredibly boring
1982 Honda Magna V45: Hmm
1988 Jawa/ Yezdi 350 twin: Many miles, more stor

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #278 on: November 01, 2019, 08:02:45 pm
I'm with Frogman8. If there's a shindig in Galax in '20, I'd be happy to spend a couple-few days, even if it's sunny next time. Seriously guys, that Blue Ridge Parkway's a "must-ride".
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #279 on: November 02, 2019, 02:08:40 am
Bmadd34
Thanks you for the time and effort to make these videos for us. They are much appreciated.
May I offer a few suggestions for your consideration.
Try to reduce the length and increase the number of vids. Though most wont admit it, adults have an attention span of 45 seconds at max.  A 3-5 min video will get many more eyeballs than a longer one. But we want to jump to your next vid thereafter, so more = better.
We would love to see a vid about you making the vids. A behind the scenes look will help people appreciate the effort in making it.
Lastly, please keep organizing events and meet ups. Since you have a connect with RE US Corp, maybe you can champion a Trans NJ trail or Trans America Trail ride sponsored by RE.  Am sure many of us would love to do a part of that ride and meet the many gurus on this forum -including yourself- that keep our bikes going and our passion for the brand high.

I really appreciate the kind words and I am currently working on the next review (A bit behind schedule due to an injury). I'll give you a hint: it is luggage related but not saddle bags. As far as length goes, I can try to simmer the time down a bit where I can. Let's talk about behind the scenes for a second, shall we. I like to be honest with you Guys and something has been really weighing on my mind (Or could just be the pain killers talking, lol). RENA has expressed their gratitude towards my videos and efforts. That being said, they have made it profoundly clear that they will NEVER sponsor any of my projects, help me plan any projects, advocate for me in any way, etc.. I was accused of Slandering Team Powersports of Raleigh in my dealership issue videos, pretty much called a LIAR and pressured to take down my video. To which I refused and they can "eat me" in that regard. NOT going to happen. How can it be slander if it's true? How could I be lying when I used the info they gave me? Most importantly, WHY would I need a new engine after getting my damn bike back from them?? Don't get me wrong, I still care very much for Royal Enfield as a Brand, but these are the "Behind the scenes" heaps of crap I deal with. For those that don't believe me, I have all the Receipts (emails, etc.) I put forth a metric ton of effort, physically, mentally and even emotionally for this stuff and honestly I get nothing in return for it. I don't get paid, I get made to feel bad and get slammed by the very company I'm trying to help or their affiliates or representatives. That's the truth behind it. Ugly and bitter, but the truth none the less. A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down and you guys are it. I appreciate all of you guys' continued support and I don't mean to be negative, honest, I truly do enjoy this. I will continue to make review videos for a while yet, but I will also be expanding my content to other things as well. You can't kick an old dog but so many times.

Frogman8

• Scooter
Reply #280 on: November 02, 2019, 02:37:45 am
BMadd
That behaviour from RE really sucks. Very surprised they would do something so petty when they are looking for Brand Ambassadors ...and who better than someone who puts his time and energy into promoting their brand already.
Would you be okay if one of us posted your response on the RE USA Facebook page? I believe its not owned or managed by RE but they listen in. It may drive some well deserved traffic to your Youtube channel, but more importantly, might elicit a considered response from RE USA.  From everything I've read of RE USA, they seem very devoted to Customer Satisfaction, even if their dealers are less so.
You definitely have the support of the guys on this Forum.
2011 G5: The 'new' 'Toofan' Mail. Thunderous name.. pedestrian pace
2008 Iron Barrel: Sold in a moment of madness
2001 Triumph Legend 900
2013 Kawasaki KLX 250, will ride someday
1991 Honda Nighthawk: Sold...Incredibly boring
1982 Honda Magna V45: Hmm
1988 Jawa/ Yezdi 350 twin: Many miles, more stor

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #281 on: November 02, 2019, 03:08:41 am
BMadd
That behaviour from RE really sucks. Very surprised they would do something so petty when they are looking for Brand Ambassadors ...and who better than someone who puts his time and energy into promoting their brand already.
Would you be okay if one of us posted your response on the RE USA Facebook page? I believe its not owned or managed by RE but they listen in. It may drive some well deserved traffic to your Youtube channel, but more importantly, might elicit a considered response from RE USA.  From everything I've read of RE USA, they seem very devoted to Customer Satisfaction, even if their dealers are less so.
You definitely have the support of the guys on this Forum.

To be honest, I get the impression that they are sick of me. Period. So a post in a group will do nothing but strike members the wrong way. I do believe RENA is very customer oriented, but the company is shifting. It's phasing out and bringing in fairly quickly and come 2020, it will pick up momentum.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #282 on: November 02, 2019, 09:18:07 pm
I can understand RENA's point sort of. If they allow you to use their name or directly endorse you they are saying that you are them by extension. Creates all sorts of liability issues - right or wrong that's the truth. I would not expect them to do much more. Telling people that your work is great is another thing.

I also understand both of your points about the dealer you much have said negative things about. If they were to endorse you this just couldn't stand. On your own, you can do whatever you want.

You are in the position to be one of the "go-to" authorities on RE's. Your work is good and helpful. RE is and always has been weak on good shop manuals. The newer they are the better they are, but like you when I am working on a car, bike etc. I like to use no less than two manuals. One always has stuff that the other doesn't. The new videos are very basic and not helpful beyond that. Good gesture. Also, understand that it is a rare Indian that fixes his own stuff. These are probably directed at them.

I really understand why you are pissed off but I would encourage you to continue. They are for the good of the community and are appreciated. When I started this forum in 2007 I did it with one purpose and that was to help build a community. Dealers were and are pretty few and far between and it was a good way to spread tribal knowledge.

PS - I agree with others that less is more. Anything 10 minutes or over is too much for me. However, there is no such thing as a short post from me :)
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #283 on: November 02, 2019, 09:19:11 pm
Haynes manual review done by you - - Good review. I was once told that Haynes did not put out a manual unless they had done the work themselves. Not sure if it is still true.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #284 on: November 02, 2019, 11:04:01 pm
Haynes manual review done by you - - Good review. I was once told that Haynes did not put out a manual unless they had done the work themselves. Not sure if it is still true.

It is indeed true, they get the vehicle in question and literally tear it down and put it back together.