Author Topic: Pine Flat Dam & North Piedra Road loop  (Read 1122 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
on: April 22, 2021, 09:01:50 pm
Took the East Trimmer Springs Road to Pine Flat Dam & saw the lovely park there. The Kings river exits the dam and heads towards Sanger, Reedley & Kingsburg. Lots of camping/picnicking/fishing opportunities below the dam. A bit further South on East Trimmer Springs Road at Winton Park there is a bridge over the Kings River where North Piedra Road starts. This road takes you south through thousands of acres of blossoming orange groves, thru the "towns" of Piedra & Avocado. That's something you can't buy, drifting along at I.B. Bullet speed thru 8 continuous miles of orange blossom fragrance filled 72 degree air. After 30+ years as a "Zonie", green scenery like that is heaven. North Piedra Road T's into the 180; take that west for a couple miles and you pick up North Oliver Avenue. Oliver T's into Belmont, where I turn right. Belmont soon becomes East Trimmer Springs Road, and back thru the mountains next to Pine Flat Lake & homewards. About a 70 Mile loop for me; and the new flat bench seat from Hitchcocks proved itself to be a welcome addition to Krasny Oktyabr.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 11:14:28 am
Beautiful, thanks for posting your ride.
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2024 650 Super Meteor Celestial Blue