Author Topic: Administrator help required  (Read 2180 times)

Haggisman

• Grease Monkey
  • Adelaide, Australia.
on: December 23, 2020, 07:59:33 am
What has happened to the forum?  A couple of days ago things changed, all of a sudden comments written do not wrap around anymore.  Contributors written comments just seem to continue off the edge of the right hand side of the screen.
I cannot read what they have written.
 Please help, this is happening on my Samsung Tab A tablet and my Windows 10 laptop. Older messages are ok.
Help please, this is very frustrating .
2019 Interceptor

chazinga

• Scooter
  • North Georgia, USA - 2020 INT650
Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 12:25:28 pm
I have noticed "wide" posts also.  I think it happens when the post contains a large photo.  The text margins seems to expand to the width of the photo.
Current stable:
2014 BMW R1200RT
2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2017 BMW S1000R

Gone but not forgotten:
2015 Honda CBR600RR
2014 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Ducati Monster 1200S
2007 BMW K1200GT
2013 Honda CBR250R

Jack Straw

• LAUGH MORE, LIVE LONGER
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 01:26:08 pm
I haven't noticed anything different yet.

ceekay

• Grease Monkey
  • Bishop, CA
Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 01:47:24 pm
nothing amiss on my laptop screen.
I became friends with someone just because they rode motorcycles from no-place to no-where

past machines: BSA Lightning, HD FX1200, 75/6 BMW, 90/6, R80RT, R100RT, K75S, current machines: DR650, DL650.

Mav

• Bulleteer
  • Nottingham UK
Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 01:56:11 pm
Ok here on an iPad and windows 10 PC.
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro
2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 01:59:50 pm
What has happened to the forum?  A couple of days ago things changed, all of a sudden comments written do not wrap around anymore.  Contributors written comments just seem to continue off the edge of the right hand side of the screen.
 Please help, this is happening on my Samsung Tab A tablet and my Windows 10 laptop. Older messages are ok.

This has happened just once in a very blue moon (Yes, I've loved Nanci since the late '70s) over the years for no explainable reason. Bilgemaster attacked the problem (at least both IT-wise & verbally) with a vengeance with no actual answer (IIRC) and he knows the systems intimately.

It just happens and then it just goes away (at least that's been MY experience).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 02:10:03 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Dantheman

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 06:33:45 pm

Sorry to see you are experiencing this "glitch". It is something I am aware of happening very occasionally for other members, and as mentioned it seems to resolve itself almost randomly. I have spoken with our web guys about the issue previously, but it was not a problem they could replicate or find an issue relating to the forum itself, and suggested that it was down to the software / devices being used. I have followed it up with them since to see if there is something they can do, but it is in there hands.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 06:37:45 pm
No problems when using Firefox on my desktop running Windows 10.
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #8 on: December 24, 2020, 06:31:27 pm
Sorry to hear you've been stricken with the dreaded "Word Wrap Bug". I've experienced it myself a couple of times for brief periods--maybe a week or two--before that right-hand margin just snapped back all on its own, the cure just as mysterious as the cause.

Despite "Tooseevee's" misplaced notion of my knowledge of the Forum system as being "intimate", the fact is we're not even barely acquainted. Despite my very grand-sounding and relatively recently-acquired "Global Moderator" title, this just means I'll occasonally pull on my size 11½ cowboy boots for those communal roach stomps we have from time to time when spammer scum pop up here like farts in an elevator/lift to peddle their scummy wares.

Rest assured though, as our REAL Admin "Dantheman's" already explained, they're aware of the recurrent problem, but a solution remains elusive. For now I can only reassure you that it usually just "fixes itself" somehow.

And just as a treat for Tooseevee, here's Nanci Griffith belting out "Once in a Very Blue Moon"...And yes that IS Lyle Lovett back there doing harmonies: https://youtu.be/GS7vW3rPnNk
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 06:35:46 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

cyril31

• Grease Monkey
Reply #9 on: December 25, 2020, 09:11:59 am
I have the same problem, but always had it. Using firefox on windows 10. It happens on this thread as well and there is no picture on it .

When i want to fully read a post, the only way I found is to quote it and read it that way