Author Topic: Sweden and California  (Read 75732 times)

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #315 on: June 08, 2021, 09:11:58 pm
Well they want to build now Swedish refugee camps in Africa, I suppose anyone who still has a job is going to move there now voluntarily. Everything is free in Sweden, unless you work and/or have some cash to pay.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #316 on: June 08, 2021, 10:33:00 pm
My first job after being discharged from the Air Force in 1969 was working for a civil engineer in Daly City, CA.  One of his engineers was from Sweden. He told us that he came to the U.S. to make his fortune and so that whatever he made wouldn't be taxed to death by the Swedish government. However, he did plan to retire in Sweden because they had such generous retirement benefits.  ;)  I guess you could say that he had the system figured out.  ;D
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #317 on: June 09, 2021, 07:46:13 am
I would not recommend to anyone to retire in Sweden. The part of population that's got not much to do and no money, young and old, have discovered the psychological warfare, beer cans, cigarettes, food, cars, everything can be used as a tool of symbolism. These groups serve what they would call "beer", if they work in groups or are coordinated than they are even more dangerous. If you retire there and don't have strong backing in another group or are not a member of one of those clans you will die pretty soon on hart attack or similar. There is never evidence.

Kamprad the fouder of IKEA lasted a year or so after returning to Sweden, it's a fu@#ing society. Well maybe this EUROPOL & FBI coordinated Trojan shield will break up the coordination of those groups atleast? One can only hope.

By the way most of these who figured it, move abroad for retirement, Spain or Thailand are popular destinations. These retireries usually continue to do the fu@#$ing to unsuspecting young people predominantly with good paying jobs so that their assets can be seized and turned over to state property = more retirement monies so they think at least. You know what to call them.... ;)

So yes, they "DON'T" have a market, you could call it a cannibalising market built up by envy of everything and they call it paradise. And yes, they concider everyone who speaks up a "girl". It's a quiet place.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 08:37:58 am by derottone »

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #318 on: June 09, 2021, 02:29:39 pm
The fellow that I knew emigrated to the U.S. during the mid-1950's and planned to retire to Sweden before 1980. I wouldn't be surprised if things were better back then.

BTW, we worked for a really cheap Russian who loved to employ displaced persons from central Europe as they worked really hard and rarely asked for a raise. The Swedish engineer said that he only received a 25 cent increase in his hourly pay when he received his state civil engineering registration. At the time I was making $3.25 an hour as a engineering draftsman. When asked about the company's retirement plan, he told us that our retirement plan was our last paycheck. (What a guy.  ::) ) My, how things changed when I started working for the local city government. The time of big salaries and big retirement plans had arrived. ;D

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #319 on: June 09, 2021, 03:38:42 pm
Lucky you, 1980 Sweden was probably ok although the various Sekts must have existed back than already. The state sure was in better shape.

Those days in Sweden if you hold a job like you did back than you will have to excuse yourself that you costed the company/government so much of money, leave your work behind, donate to Gretas foundation and disappear.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 03:56:16 pm by derottone »

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #320 on: June 09, 2021, 10:08:26 pm
Depends who you ask...

There probably is something to that red herring storry, a shirt might be too expensive and may not be needed in red herring land.

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #321 on: June 10, 2021, 01:22:58 am
In related news, the Swedish Chef from the muppets is apparently actually Norwegian ...

https://slate.com/culture/2012/08/swedish-chef-what-do-swedes-think-of-him-they-think-he-sounds-norwegian.html

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #322 on: June 10, 2021, 08:41:29 am
In related news, the Swedish Chef from the muppets is apparently actually Norwegian ...

https://slate.com/culture/2012/08/swedish-chef-what-do-swedes-think-of-him-they-think-he-sounds-norwegian.html

That's no surprise, only holy spirits live in sweden, that muppet chef may not suite the worldview. However that chocolate on the moose looks very swedish to me.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #323 on: June 10, 2021, 01:59:12 pm
Speaking of chocolate, I saw on the TV news last night that a business back east is dipping cicadas in chocolate and selling them as snacks. The news said that the store had a 5-day backup of orders. Right at the end of the report, the newswoman said, Ugh, she wouldn't want to eat one of those bugs, chocolate-covered or not. I am with her on that.  ;)

I bet red herrings dipped in chocolate aren't any better.  ::)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #324 on: June 10, 2021, 02:23:37 pm
I dunno...I mean I could quite possibly eat my own weight in shrimp, which are no less "arthropody"--maybe even more so than cicadas. But I'd have to be pretty damned peckish to commence chowing down on a plateful of those "Ree!--Ree!...Ree!" emitters.

"There's Cicada Creole, Coconut Cicada, Cicada Cocktail, Pineapple Cicada, Cicada Roll, Cicada Fried Rice, Popcorn Cicada, Cicada Gumbo, Cicada Toast..."
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 02:26:41 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #325 on: June 10, 2021, 04:21:50 pm
Speaking of chocolate, I saw on the TV news last night that a business back east is dipping cicadas in chocolate and selling them as snacks. The news said that the store had a 5-day backup of orders. Right at the end of the report, the newswoman said, Ugh, she wouldn't want to eat one of those bugs, chocolate-covered or not. I am with her on that.  ;)

I bet red herrings dipped in chocolate aren't any better.  ::)

I wouldn't want chocolate on the moose either, with some convincing I might try it. If you lived in Sweden though the progressive perverts over there might find a way to make you eat that cikados, it's always a matter of choice.

Get vaccinated or wear a mask. - J.B.  ;)

How about an option 3?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 04:28:32 pm by derottone »

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #326 on: June 11, 2021, 11:10:44 am
I dunno...I mean I could quite possibly eat my own weight in shrimp, which are no less "arthropody"--maybe even more so than cicadas. But I'd have to be pretty damned peckish to commence chowing down on a plateful of those "Ree!--Ree!...Ree!" emitters.

"There's Cicada Creole, Coconut Cicada, Cicada Cocktail, Pineapple Cicada, Cicada Roll, Cicada Fried Rice, Popcorn Cicada, Cicada Gumbo, Cicada Toast..."

A song for Bilgemaster...

...it's about the "red herring" I believe.  :D

https://youtu.be/GbfeH6Q8PzY

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #327 on: June 11, 2021, 11:35:59 am
Ääh...Vielen Dank?
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #328 on: June 11, 2021, 01:52:53 pm
Ääh...Vielen Dank?

Well, any project you run there might be some "children".  ;)

....many might be wanting to put themselves in "control" of things they don´t even understand.  ::)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 01:56:55 pm by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #329 on: June 12, 2021, 04:23:53 am
...??
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.