Author Topic: Out and about on your 650 - photos  (Read 370949 times)

JP33090

• Grease Monkey
Reply #960 on: June 19, 2021, 10:54:22 pm
Photo courtesy of the NYC Department of Finance.

Tolls or traffic violation?

Blazes Boylan

• Grand Gearhead
  • Brooklyn
Reply #961 on: June 19, 2021, 11:59:53 pm
Tolls or traffic violation?

Violation.  Apparently I was doing 37 in a school zone where the limit is 35 (technically 25 but they don't cite you until you break 35).  It's only a $50 slap on the wrist with no points but when I went to pay online there was another one in the exact location two days later.  My first moving violation in twenty-five years, not counting the one I got for making a right turn on a red on a bicycle.  (Every time a driver kills a cyclist in New York City the NYPD starts raining down summonses... on bicyclists.)

hadujorganic

• Grease Monkey
  • Bethesda, MD, USA
Reply #962 on: June 20, 2021, 12:38:34 pm
I finally managed to get out for a ride before the heat closed in.  This was the only shade for several miles.   First shakedown with the new AEW 201 cans.

I thought you had the TEC 2-into-1 on your bike.
Was there an issue?
Bethesda, MD  "Home Of Its Residents"

2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2021 SYM Fiddle III 200i
2019 Trek Checkpoint
1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager

Jack Straw

• LAUGH MORE, LIVE LONGER
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #963 on: June 20, 2021, 02:26:10 pm
'I thought you had the TEC 2-into-1 on your bike.
Was there an issue?"

Hi hadu,

Nah, the 2-1 was wonderful, just a great system.  I changed back to duals simply because I prefer their more traditional appearance on the Interceptor.  I will likely sell the TEC.

mwmosser

• Illegitimi non carborundum
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #964 on: June 20, 2021, 05:53:55 pm
Well, I finally remembered to stop and take a photo or two for everyone. This is the Texas Hill Country Olive Company, not very far from my house and part of my normal loop.

Was on the road by 8:15 this morning and back by 10:00 because the heat builds fast down here. Coupled with the humidity, it was definitely a day to take the Gatorade along.
2019 Interceptor 650 Mark Three

hadujorganic

• Grease Monkey
  • Bethesda, MD, USA
Reply #965 on: June 20, 2021, 05:55:21 pm
Was there an issue?"

Hi hadu,

Nah, the 2-1 was wonderful, just a great system.  I changed back to duals simply because I prefer their more traditional appearance on the Interceptor.  I will likely sell the TEC.
Aesthetics has its place, for sure.
Still, the lines are graceful and your bike is looking sharp, Mr. Straw.
I had an urge to go with the AEW 201's but without replacing the header pipes, I balked.
Aesthetics, dontcha know. The upsweep into the horizontal peashooters wasn't doing it for me. New headers could solve that, no doubt.

2021 SYM Fiddle III 200i
2019 Trek Checkpoint

hadujorganic

• Grease Monkey
  • Bethesda, MD, USA
Reply #966 on: June 20, 2021, 05:56:59 pm
Well, I finally remembered to stop and take a photo or two for everyone. This is the Texas Hill Country Olive Company, not very far from my house and part of my normal loop.

Was on the road by 8:15 this morning and back by 10:00 because the heat builds fast down here. Coupled with the humidity, it was definitely a day to take the Gatorade along.

Beautiful sky out there.
Are the big windmill farms to be found in Hill Country, too?

2021 SYM Fiddle III 200i
2019 Trek Checkpoint

mwmosser

• Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #967 on: June 20, 2021, 05:57:41 pm
Was there an issue?"

Hi hadu,

I like those peashooters, but the extra bend just doesn't work for me. But you certainly get a lot more clearance for panniers that way.

mwmosser

• Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #968 on: June 20, 2021, 06:00:48 pm
Beautiful sky out there.
Are the big windmill farms to be found in Hill Country, too?

Surprisingly enough, not many windmills till you get to the far western edge of the Hill Country, on the Llano Estacado (the high plateau of West Texas and Eastern NM). That's where you find the wind farms of 10k plus windmills. A sight to behold, especially when coming up on a big one on a twisty road in the fog or mist. Only done that on four wheels, not yet on two. Six-hour drive from here on interstates, or more hours on country roads. Maybe someday, but not likely on this bike.

hadujorganic

• Grease Monkey
  • Bethesda, MD, USA
Reply #969 on: June 20, 2021, 06:02:07 pm
Poolesville, Maryland this morning - check out the dude's German Shepherd (with goggles, no less) on the back of his BMW.

2021 SYM Fiddle III 200i
2019 Trek Checkpoint

hadujorganic

• Grease Monkey
  • Bethesda, MD, USA
Reply #970 on: June 20, 2021, 06:04:16 pm
Surprisingly enough, not many windmills till you get to the far western edge of the Hill Country, on the Llano Estacado (the high plateau of West Texas and Eastern NM). That's where you find the wind farms of 10k plus windmills. A sight to behold, especially when coming up on a big one on a twisty road in the fog or mist. Only done that on four wheels, not yet on two. Six-hour drive from here on interstates, or more hours on country roads. Maybe someday, but not likely on this bike.
I did a lot of driving through the Permian Basin a few years ago for work. Came down from Oklahoma. I liked seeing so many windmills and pumpjacks all churning at the same time.

2021 SYM Fiddle III 200i
2019 Trek Checkpoint

mwmosser

• Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #971 on: June 20, 2021, 06:23:27 pm
I did a lot of driving through the Permian Basin a few years ago for work. Came down from Oklahoma. I liked seeing so many windmills and pumpjacks all churning at the same time.

Yep. Land of contrasts out there for sure. We did a drive to Carlsbad Caverns for spring break and went right through the heart of fracking country in a dust storm. With the drought, the dust, the flaring gas from the well heads, and the giant semis and dually HD pickups, felt like Mad Max.

mwmosser

• Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #972 on: June 20, 2021, 06:24:41 pm
Poolesville, Maryland this morning - check out the dude's German Shepherd (with goggles, no less) on the back of his BMW.
Looks like he has his own Instagram account! That's one calm dog.

JP33090

• Grease Monkey
Reply #973 on: June 20, 2021, 06:41:44 pm

Very cool. It perplexes me how some dogs can be trained to do that. My dad used to know a guy up in NH who rode his shovelhead with his pet wolf on the back of it!

hadujorganic

• Grease Monkey
  • Bethesda, MD, USA
Reply #974 on: June 20, 2021, 06:49:57 pm
Yep. Land of contrasts out there for sure. We did a drive to Carlsbad Caverns for spring break and went right through the heart of fracking country in a dust storm. With the drought, the dust, the flaring gas from the well heads, and the giant semis and dually HD pickups, felt like Mad Max.

I can imagine.
All you needed were shoulder pads with big spikey things on them and a badass mohawk :)

2021 SYM Fiddle III 200i
2019 Trek Checkpoint