Author Topic: Seeking early alternator style (Redditch) Bullet outer primary chain cover  (Read 1034 times)

nonfiction

• Bulleteer
  • New Bullet Owner/Longtime Bike Guy
I'm looking for a serviceable example of the outer chain case cover pictured below. I'm in Seattle.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Unless I'm mistaken, it appears that our Forum hosts get these old oddball primary covers in from time to time, and even mention in their item description having had "more than one" when they took the photo, though this part seems to be "Currently Unavailable": https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/Used-Parts-and-Bikes/Clutch-Cases/7357

Still, who knows what they've got out back? So it couldn't hurt to reach out to them, if you haven't already: https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/Contact-Us

« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 02:06:56 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

nonfiction

• Bulleteer
Thanks Bilge--have done. Allan H confirmed it'd fit, but reckons they're still dry on supply.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
These covers would have been on a couple of US export models, namely the '58-59 Woodsman and the alternator-equipped examples of the Fury, so it's not impossible that one might come up for sale somewhere between Mexico and Canada.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Karl Childers

• Ghost in the machine.
  • Grand Gearhead
You probably have already looked but if not check out Ebay, Enfield stuff pops up there all the time.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
I'm just resurrecting this thread to point you at this ad for a '61 "Big Head" Bullet in Coventry that just popped up in my suggestions feed which also mentions the spare primary cover cases shown below which look like they might work for you: https://motorcycles-for-sale.biz/sale.php?id=4773

Maybe if you reach out he or she might sell you just the cases?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 08:10:05 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Well spotted, BM!

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
However, it turns out that it was a very old ad which should have been taken down a while ago. The big head Bullet in question now belongs to the admin of the FB Royal Enfield Bighead Bullet and Fury group.

A.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Sorry! Seems 'Adrian II' is right as usual. Strange it would pop up in my feed like a "new item", but then I also get the odd ancient YouTube video of decades gone by in there. Those algorithms are indeed strange and mysterious, and why they're convinced I may enjoy the Newsletter of the Nancy Sinatra Fan Club remains ineffable...Maybe it's those boots.

Mea Maxima Culpa!
Magister Sentinae
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 11:07:44 pm by Bilgemaster »

nonfiction

• Bulleteer
Bilge! I'm just now seeing this, but delighted and not a little amazed. And then saddened, by turns. Oh well and kind thanks good sir!

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
They're still out there. I bought one at a UK autojumble (swap meet) last year. US bike breakers still break unrestored Indian badged RE bikes occasionally, so don't give up.

A.