Author Topic: First moto in the Philippines  (Read 1579 times)

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
on: August 05, 2021, 05:09:33 am
Left my house a little after 5:00 the other morning for a ride to the Bitbit river about 50K from Sapang Palay where I live.  I rode a 2010 Yamaha 125cc Soul automatic motor scooter my niece’s husband, Les let me have for the day.  The ride was quite enjoyable on little mountain roads with lots of twisties.  This would be my very first ride on a automatic scooter.  No shifting and a back brake lever where the clutch lever should be.  The scooter was very quick handling with those little wheels, very short wheel base and a steep fork angle.  Should I say, very interesting indeed!  On the way back I stopped at a little open air restaurant and had a cup of coffee and breakfast.  Got back to the house at about 10:30 well before the afternoon showers.  It’s the rainy season here and it rains every afternoon and evening.  Had a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to my next ride on whatever I can get my hands on here in the Philippines. ;)

Cheers,
Bill
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 06:05:32 am by Bill Harris »

Karl Childers

• Ghost in the machine.
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 05:40:41 am
Looks great! I day dream about riding in exotic places around the globe but have yet to do so. I will continue to live vicariously through ride reports like this one. My one scooter experience was renting one in Mexico, they are definitely a different animal than a motorcycle!

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 07:19:11 am
I have a old riding buddy that lives in Laoag, Philippines. He really likes it there. I think a Himalayan would be the perfect bike there.
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2024 650 Super Meteor Celestial Blue