Author Topic: Ace GT Head Project  (Read 247648 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #690 on: October 06, 2020, 04:49:12 am
Bill has been working on it.
It might be up.
I'll find out.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #691 on: October 06, 2020, 01:38:20 pm
My older sister died recently. I’m dealing with financial, legal and funeral biz for right now.
  My original GT kept locking up and got the engine to turn over after opening the primary case. I did this twice, and it still wouldn’t kick through. It’s sitting with a mechanic. It’s more or less out of the picture.
  I picked up a 2014 GT from Jeremy at Cycles of Silver Spring (MD). This bike will get the Fireball. Two days ago I installed the Power Commander. I installed the Air Kit. It came with a ‘sports’ muffler. I installed a Carpy header. I’m getting some miles on this GT when I can. It has 269 miles now.

I wish things were rosier, but this coming week should be a bit better.
Cheers,
Bill
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Softlysoftlycatcheemonkey

• Scooter
Reply #692 on: October 06, 2020, 03:19:47 pm
...and having to see the loss of a person and sibling. "Life is a trial, and it will eventually be done". Condolences: motorcycles may be interesting or a way of earning a living, but mean nothing in that time.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #693 on: October 06, 2020, 05:39:08 pm
...and having to see the loss of a person and sibling. "Life is a trial, and it will eventually be done". Condolences: motorcycles may be interesting or a way of earning a living, but mean nothing in that time.

Welcome to the Forum, monkey?

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #694 on: October 06, 2020, 09:39:15 pm
Sorry for your loss, Bill. Lots of good memories though,  I hope.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #695 on: October 07, 2020, 01:49:23 pm
Sorry for your loss, Bill. Lots of good memories though,  I hope.

Thanks, Gizzo. I’ll be back!
I heard from the busy mechanic who will be healing ConnieGT’s ailing primary. I will be adding the Clubman Kit head to this GT #1. Head work will be done soon.
Bill

SMLE535

• Scooter
  • Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne
Reply #696 on: March 25, 2022, 02:22:53 am
Hope I am not necroing this thread :) and also hope all are well

Any news on the head? Is it going to be a go, or has it been scrapped?

cheers
enzan
Freo WA
Ducati 500 Pantah
Ducati GT750
Ducati 996 SP
Continental GT535

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #697 on: March 25, 2022, 03:46:13 am
Hope I am not necroing this thread :) and also hope all are well

Any news on the head? Is it going to be a go, or has it been scrapped?

cheers
enzan
The Fireball will be installed on my CGT 535 this summer. Ace and I have concentrated on the Clubman Kit 1 and 2. It is a modified stock head. But, we are using stainless steel one piece valves. The intake valve is 1mm oversize. The 2 uses ‘beehive’ valve springs that can work reliably with our cams. My Bullet B5 has the Clubman Kit 2…. Head and cams. It also has a Power Commander V, set up with Dynojet’s AutoTune. The silencer is a free flowing modified HD Sportster muffler. The ‘midrange’ runs from idle to the rev limiter. It’s one big mid-range! The power is always there.
  We like performance that retains a solid street performance.
Cheers,
Bill G

GUNR

• Grease Monkey
Reply #698 on: November 24, 2023, 09:31:24 am
A year and a half has now relapsed. Did this new head reach production status and if so, can it be ordered?
Riding a motorcycle is like life; it's about the journey not the destination.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #699 on: November 27, 2023, 04:57:50 pm
A year and a half has now relapsed. Did this new head reach production status and if so, can it be ordered?
Production ceased after 3 units completed. Cannot currently be ordered.
Project succeeded on all 3 units with all still on the road.
Cost and difficulty to manufacture sank the project.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Softlysoftlycatcheemonkey

• Scooter
Reply #700 on: November 28, 2023, 01:50:44 am
    Greetings from Johnson City, TN. I'm glad the Ace company still keeps tabs on this forum. Your posts going through the lifetime of the Continental gt 535 ( and other models ) helped a late arrival like myself picture what I'd do with my 2015 model, bought new in March 2020. "The world's more interesting with you in it". Someday I'm going to make an airbox with a foreward facing air intake, but back to this thread.
    For clarity sake I think you're stating that the aluminum billet head you designed ( the original subject of this thread ) is out of production, and that you're not commenting on the Clubman Kits ( reworked stock heads ) numbers 1 and 2 that have been offered more recently. A person dropping in late might be confused, but please correct me if need be.
    P.S. an overwrought airbox from the rear right.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #701 on: November 28, 2023, 02:03:03 am
Easiest and quickest thing for you to do would be to take your head down to your local performance shop and have them clean up your existing head. Tidy up the ports, match them to the inlet and exhaust, get the insulating spacer fitting properly and pop in a stainless exhaust valve.

It won't make it into a Ace head but you'll notice an improvement.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

GUNR

• Grease Monkey
Reply #702 on: November 28, 2023, 10:09:17 am
Easiest and quickest thing for you to do would be to take your head down to your local performance shop and have them clean up your existing head. Tidy up the ports, match them to the inlet and exhaust, get the insulating spacer fitting properly and pop in a stainless exhaust valve.
Gizzo, is that what you did to your one; I haven't tracked down a thread on your bike, is there one? I'm assuming a machinist would need from the EFI adapter to head connection to match them up. My nearest machine shop is 1.5hrs away in Coffs Harbour, so I'd better get a 2nd bike while this one's off the road; I saw a cheap Monster 600 recently...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 10:18:18 am by GUNR »

GUNR

• Grease Monkey
Reply #703 on: November 28, 2023, 10:12:59 am
Production ceased after 3 units completed. Cannot currently be ordered.
Project succeeded on all 3 units with all still on the road.
Cost and difficulty to manufacture sank the project.
Thanks Tom for all your work. Even though I wasn't one of the lucky few to score the CNC head, I have appreciated and enjoyed being able to 'ride along' following the development steps which you have taken time to post.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 10:15:12 am by GUNR »

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #704 on: November 28, 2023, 11:33:10 am
Gizzo, is that what you did to your one; I haven't tracked down a thread on your bike, is there one? I'm assuming a machinist would need from the EFI adapter to head connection to match them up. My nearest machine shop is 1.5hrs away in Coffs Harbour, so I'd better get a 2nd bike while this one's off the road; I saw a cheap Monster 600 recently...
Yep, that's what I did to mine. I don't have a build thread. I think it's documented somewhere in the "what did you do to your CGT" thread, along with Taurim's and Ben's ones.

I did mine at home with a dremel, burrs and sanding drums. Did I use a borrowed die grinder? I can't remember. Just matched the ports, opened up the inlet tract and lowered the floor a little bit. I got lazy and didn't unshroud the exhaust port like Ben and T did with theirs but I'll do it next time. It's not rocket therapy on a bike like this. There's easy improvements. Some UCE engine have pretty bad core shift by all accounts and they'd see solid improvements with the treatment mine has had.

Good luck with the Monster. My Mrs has one. It's a laugh.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E