Author Topic: Apparel Choice?  (Read 4028 times)

hyperhad

• Bulleteer
on: June 20, 2014, 02:37:45 am
What does everyone wear when riding their GT?  Show and tell...

I'll post a picture of me on mine this weekend, provided I get the cast off.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:52:58 pm by hyperhad »

TheContinental

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 09:37:19 pm
All The Gear All The Time.  ATGATT.  If you see me in the "Ride-by" video I'm wearing a heavy leather jacket with CE armor on the back, shoulders and elbows.  The jeans are Sliders that are lined with kevlar in all the right places.  They also have pockets in the knees for CE armor.  Then there is the helmet with eye protection, ear plugs, helmet liner, riding boots and gloves.  I have open face and full coverage modular helmets.  The full coverage is much safer and may save your face.  My open face Bell 500 is more comfortable and has better visability though.  Oh yeah...I also have undies that are armored made by Alpine Stars.  Hope that's not too much info!  ;D
Current stable:
2014 RE Continental GT
2012 Yamaha Zuma 125
2004 Vespa GT200
1980 Honda CB400 Hawk
and many others gone but not forgotten.

hyperhad

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 11:32:27 pm
That's my kit exactly!  I also have Chippewa Rallye boots, and some vintage Lewis Leathers tall boots.  For warmer days, I have a Joe Rocket armoured perf. jacket and pants suit.  My main riding jacket is an armoured Vanson.  I also have armoured Bohn shirt and pants that fit under street clothes.  I picked up some vintage jackets on the 'Bay.  My favourite is a red, blue, and white Interstate cafe racer jacket.  Yes, I went a bit nuts on accessories, but everything I have, I purchased used on the 'Bay.  Crazy cheap prices.  You just need to be patient and not buy the first item you come across.
Once I am back riding, I will post pictures.  Can't wait!

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 12:58:37 pm
Not on a GT but on my Iron I have a classic thick leather jacket (Brando sytle ;)) with stone washed kevlar jeans with simple but sporty boots (For protection as they go halfway up my shin, still look classic from a distance) with some nice gloves and full face simple helmet ;)

Oh and my swag. Gotta have swag.
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

burtial

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 07:57:17 pm
I go by ATGATT as well. I used to use a Bell 500 helmet, but started not to like the idea of having my brain protected but my face rearranged, so I picked up a Shoei RF-1200 helmet and love it.

STL Conti GT

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 12:47:22 am
ATGATT!  Arai Signet Helmet, one of a variety of armored textile jackets with a pair of BMW Motorrad pants or full one-piece Alpinestars Leathers, boots and gloves.  I feel naked without all of the gear.  Makes for some very hot days, but I have one layer of skin, and I want to keep it in tact as best as possible.
Sincerely,

Brian Goldberg
2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT (7" Headlight, Premium Sports Silencer, K&N Air Filter, Ballistic Battery, Carpy's Trafficators, Dime City Bar-End Mirrors, Fender Extensions removed)
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Special
2008 Vespa GTS250ie
2005 Honda CMX250C

hyperhad

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 07:51:51 pm
Here is my '60's British jacket
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:54:40 pm by hyperhad »

TheContinental

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 10:18:52 pm
Nice Jacket!!!  That will look nice while riding the GT!  8)
Current stable:
2014 RE Continental GT
2012 Yamaha Zuma 125
2004 Vespa GT200
1980 Honda CB400 Hawk
and many others gone but not forgotten.

hyperhad

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 11:11:11 pm
It is my favourite, for sure.  I found it on fleabay.  A UK seller had it.  I paid $120.00 including shipping to Canada. I negotiated the price down.  Even with a set price, you can make reasonable offers.  I have found several very well-priced pieces of motorcycle clothing, including two Vanson jackets for $100.00 each for my Wife.
Just be patient and wait to find exactly what you want.  It took my 5 months to find this one, and I love it!

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 01:04:26 am
No Universal Motorcycle Protective Equipment (NUMPtE) for me.
Ok, a Lazer Dragon streetfighter lid or LAPD shorty and goggles du jour depending on my mood/motorcycle/weather, Belstaff wax cotton, denim, brando leather or old army jacket, whatever pants I found on the floor when I rolled out of bed and some shoes or boots. I used to have some nice touring boots but my feet seem to have changed shape as I gets older and they don't fit anymore. I'm thinking I'll fork out for some kevlar reinforced riding jeans for next summer.
Some hot nights I just play it unsafe and go out for a spin in jeans, t shirt and converse sneakers, hipster style. I usually wear some kind of gloves, too. Usually Biltwell textile ones unless it's cold.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

dginfw

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 05:47:55 am
Open face helmet, t-shirt, jeans, and Doc Martens.  If its a little chilly out, I use a Corazzo jacket (with armor) or if its colder I have an unpadded but heavy gauge leather riding jacket. ...and always have goggles/glasses
Dave in TX:   '01  W650- keeper
                    '12 C5 military -sold
                    '14 Continental GT-  sold
                    '06 Iron Barrel Bullet- Ace Clubman mods

hyperhad

• Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 08:28:35 pm
I found a Joe Rocket pant and jacket set that are perforated.  I have worn this jacket twice now, and it is so comfortable when the weather is warmer.