Author Topic: Add a header line that includes About and Donation links  (Read 2607 times)

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
The header line would look something like the one at http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=1&page=1

BMWST's header has a higher information density that this site but they use different website software so I'm not suggesting a redesign, just a small change if it can be accommodated.

I am suggesting two additions: an About link and a Donation link.  The About page would inform/remind us of the relationship between this website and its host/sponsor.  The Donation link would let those of us whose current financial situation permits us to contribute to this site's operation and upkeep costs, perhaps via PayPal to MJ Sales like my CMW/Baker Motorsports purchases.

This website has made and is continuing to make my RE ownership a tremendous pleasure beyond riding the motorcycle and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.  I'd like to help where I can.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 12:28:15 am

I am suggesting two additions: an About link and a Donation link.  The About page would inform/remind us of the relationship between this website and its host/sponsor.  The Donation link would let those of us whose current financial situation permits us to contribute to this site's operation and upkeep costs, perhaps via PayPal to MJ Sales like my CMW/Baker Motorsports purchases.

That's a great idea!

Tim was talking a bit about some of the things Baker would like to do to keep the community-centered Classic Motorworks legacy alive and it would be a great place to talk about that and get the community engaged. I'm sure he'll see this here as well, but I'll bring it up in our discussions for community building steps and projects too.

This website has made and is continuing to make my RE ownership a tremendous pleasure beyond riding the motorcycle and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.  I'd like to help where I can.

Aw man, thanks so much. The community here is awesome and I know it was really important to Kevin that the forum carry on and find a home that would be able to keep the resources, the camaraderie and the good will that's built up here over the years going strong - and I really think he found a good home for it. Even though it's a trickier thing to balance without the support and business case of a national distributor, Tim and the Baker team care a lot about the community and I know they'll do a good job with it.

No to be too sentimental, but you guys are really important to all of us who have been a part of this community over the years. We really appreciate you too!

What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?