Author Topic: JOTD  (Read 385347 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #240 on: February 07, 2016, 08:30:45 pm
I don't know who made snopes the decider, but... sorry:

http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/hell.asp   :(

Mattsz, you changed DanB's original post (Reply#61) when you quoted him in your Reply#64. DanB's original post sez: "The following is NOT a question.... ". In his quote (in your Reply#64) you have deleted the word 'not'.

Are you a politician  ???
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #241 on: February 07, 2016, 08:59:11 pm
           Mattsz, you changed DanB's original post (Reply#61) when you quoted him in your Reply#64. DanB's original post sez: "The following is NOT a question.... ". In his quote (in your Reply#64) you have deleted the word 'not'.

Are you a politician  ???

Nope.

I quoted it as it was written.  The original post was edited a day later...

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #242 on: February 07, 2016, 09:30:51 pm
Nope.

I quoted it as it was written.  The original post was edited a day later...

Can you give me DanB's original original Reply number because I thought it was #61 which contains the word NOT in its first sentence as plain as the nose on your face (or the nose on MY face  ;) ).

In your quote of it (#64) the word 'not' is gone.

I'm so confused ....   ???    :-[   

RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #243 on: February 07, 2016, 09:59:36 pm
             Can you give me DanB's original original Reply number because I thought it was #61 which contains the word NOT in its first sentence as plain as the nose on your face (or the nose on MY face  ;) ).

In your quote of it (#64) the word 'not' is gone.

I'm so confused ....   ???    :-[   

On 9/25, DanB posted #61.  On 9/26, I quoted part of it, as originally written, in #63.  On 9/27, DanB edited his post #61, presumably (and I am making an assumption here) to correct the opening statement, after I posted a snopes link which questions the truth of the claim.

Bare, I thought, indicated he got the joke when he in turn questioned snopes's credibility.

This is the joke thread - don't sweat it, man!  ;D

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #244 on: February 07, 2016, 10:55:46 pm
On 9/25, DanB posted #61.  On 9/26, I quoted part of it, as originally written, in #63.  On 9/27, DanB edited his post #61, presumably (and I am making an assumption here) to correct the opening statement, after I posted a snopes link which questions the truth of the claim.

Bare, I thought, indicated he got the joke when he in turn questioned snopes's credibility.

This is the joke thread - don't sweat it, man!  ;D

I'm not sweating anything. I'm just a detail and accuracy freak and it jumped out at me as plain as O.J.'s guilt .

If I understand you correctly, DanB went in and ADDed the word not? I assumed (from reading it) that the not was original. So solly. I see now that I never SAW the original.

If that is true then it explains my confusion and you should understand why I thought YOU deleted it in your quote which you didn't.

All is now right with the world (about which NOTHING is right  :o ).

Carry on and thanks for all the fish   :) 

PS: Have I told my clown joke?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:02:16 pm by tooseevee »

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #245 on: February 07, 2016, 11:17:35 pm
A small girl walked into a expensive clothing store wearing a back pack on her back.

She walked up to the counter and said, "Hey mister.  How much does that nice purse cost?"

The salesman glanced at the price tag and said, "This purse is rather expensive.  It costs $50."

The little girl said, "I'll buy it." and reached into her back pack, pulling out a large bag.

She dumped the bags contents on the counter which resulted in a very large pile of quarters.

As she was placing them in piles of four the salesman said,
"My goodness!  Did you hoard all of those quarters yourself?"

The little girl looked up from her counting and said, "No.  My sister whored half of them."
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #246 on: February 07, 2016, 11:43:29 pm
A small girl walked into a expensive clothing store wearing a back pack on her back...

Better written than heard, I think?  ;)

So solly. I see now that I never SAW the original.

No worries... it's exactly why I sometimes don't like the ability to edit posts.  One gets changed, but quotes further down the line remain.  It can get confusing!

PS: Have I told my clown joke?

Not here - have at it!

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #247 on: February 08, 2016, 01:24:46 am
Not here - have at it!

The cooks for a tribe of cannibals in deepest, darkest Borneo have just finished cooking and serving up a clown that was captured (don't ask) and dressed out earlier in the day.

After their first few bites, one cannibal turns to another and asks: "Does this taste funny to you"?

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #248 on: February 08, 2016, 11:10:24 am

After their first few bites, one cannibal turns to another and asks: "Does this taste funny to you"?

;D

I feel bad for that clown's replacement - those are some big shoes to fill!

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #249 on: February 08, 2016, 10:50:03 pm
Speaking of eating,

A hungry lion was studying two adventurers as they were resting underneath a tree.

One of them was busy writing the highlights of their journey in his diary.
The other was reading a large book.

It took the lion no time at all to make up his mind so he leaped on the reader and promptly ate him.

Why?

Because as we all know, "writers cramp" but Readers Digest©. 
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #250 on: February 09, 2016, 12:22:48 am
 :o
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #251 on: March 11, 2016, 09:46:34 am
I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #252 on: March 11, 2016, 10:33:28 am
It's funny even without subtitles!

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #253 on: March 11, 2016, 03:12:53 pm
You poorfert!
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #254 on: March 11, 2016, 10:14:08 pm
A very portly woman was riding down a trail with a group of others on horseback.

While they were riding at a slow trot, her horse began emitting a series of loud farts with a "rip....rip....rip...rip" sound.

The woman turned around and noticed the rider behind her was staring in her direction.
Being greatly embarrassed and not knowing what to say she said, "Oh, please forgive me."

The rider behind her said, "Oh!  Was that you?  I thought it was your horse."
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe