Author Topic: "Scramblerizing" my Trials  (Read 5594 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #30 on: April 16, 2021, 03:23:42 am
TrianglePete @ #24: The Woodsman is about $250 USD, maybe another $50 or so to ship.

Pre-Unit:
https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/20122?ref_page=Bullet%20Export%20500cc
PART No. 91040 ; £190.00 ; EXHAUST SYSTEM, 500cc WOODSMAN STYLE
This English made system is based on the American specification Bullets of the 1950's, but has been re-designed and manufactured to suit the Indian made 500cc Bullets (1988 - 2008). It is a really smart looking system (Note: will require removal of the R/H tool box). The silencer has a fixed mechanical baffle. Suitable for Indian built 500cc, 'classic' engined Bullets (1988 - 2008) ONLY. See 'Fitting Guide'' for details.
Note: A heat shield (Part Number: 91043), which helps to protect your leg/trousers from the hot exhaust pipe, is available as an optional extra. See ''Related Items'' below for details.

UCE:
PART No. 91100 ; EXHAUST SYSTEM, HIGH LEVEL, EFI MODELS ; £190.00
A great looking English made high level pipe and silencer but will require the triangular tool box be removed or on the Electra models, the air filter cover. We can supply various replacement covers for the different models, see related items below.

ss
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: April 16, 2021, 06:39:59 am
As I already said, I have to install exhaust systems with EC marking. Anything else is useless. Even in blue.
www.enfieldtech.de
Harley CVO EGlide, Boss Hoss 502, BMW 1200 RT, Harley Panhead , Harley Davidson &Marlboro Man Bike BD2, Royal Enfield Trials, KTM EXC 500. And some more.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: April 16, 2021, 07:54:46 am
Hi Viczena - the Woodsman stuff was for TrianglePete, I heard you about having to keep the exhaust stock. The down pipe isn't a drawback for any reasonable usage of that machine. I like the down pipes because they don't intrude on the rider.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: April 16, 2021, 08:09:19 am
As long as the engines run, you are right. But if the engine stops while you are in water, it gets complicated.
www.enfieldtech.de
Harley CVO EGlide, Boss Hoss 502, BMW 1200 RT, Harley Panhead , Harley Davidson &Marlboro Man Bike BD2, Royal Enfield Trials, KTM EXC 500. And some more.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: April 16, 2021, 08:13:31 am
True enough. A good working strategy is to be the second guy through the water crossing. If you get to take this to Bhutan, and it drowns out in a deep crossing, that's where the support crew earn their keep!  ;D

Keef Sparrow

• Grease Monkey
Reply #35 on: April 17, 2021, 01:12:07 pm
This?  Sort of Woodsman-ish. You might want a heat shield for the mid-section of that pipe, but please, not pipe wrap!

A.

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-shop/Complete-Systems/21070

That looks great! Shame you have to lose the stock 'tool box' air filter housing though. Is there anything behind that plain black cover that's replaced the 'tool box' or it that now just wasted space? The rear brake lever looks odd now without the downpipe running over it. Good to see various options now appearing to replace the big and heavy stock silencer on the Trials model.
Past: CB125-T2, T500, GT500, Speed Triple, 955i Daytona. Now: Royal Enfield Bullet Trials 500

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #36 on: April 17, 2021, 06:48:21 pm
TrianglePete @ #24: The Woodsman is about $250 USD, maybe another $50 or so to ship.

Pre-Unit:
https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/20122?ref_page=Bullet%20Export%20500cc
PART No. 91040 ; £190.00 ; EXHAUST SYSTEM, 500cc WOODSMAN STYLE
This English made system is based on the American specification Bullets of the 1950's, but has been re-designed and manufactured to suit the Indian made 500cc Bullets (1988 - 2008). It is a really smart looking system (Note: will require removal of the R/H tool box). The silencer has a fixed mechanical baffle. Suitable for Indian built 500cc, 'classic' engined Bullets (1988 - 2008) ONLY. See 'Fitting Guide'' for details.
Note: A heat shield (Part Number: 91043), which helps to protect your leg/trousers from the hot exhaust pipe, is available as an optional extra. See ''Related Items'' below for details.

UCE:
PART No. 91100 ; EXHAUST SYSTEM, HIGH LEVEL, EFI MODELS ; £190.00
A great looking English made high level pipe and silencer but will require the triangular tool box be removed or on the Electra models, the air filter cover. We can supply various replacement covers for the different models, see related items below.

ss

So TrianglePete asks if there's a high level system for his EFI Bullet, I find him one with the link to Hitchcocks' accessory catalog, and then you post all the stuff about the system for the iron barrel Bullets, which won't fit the EFI models!

Suitable for Indian built 500cc, 'classic' engined Bullets (1988 - 2008) ONLY. See 'Fitting Guide'' for details.

Pay attention, 007 AzCal!

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: April 17, 2021, 07:40:06 pm
The UCE PN was right below the real motorcycle's part number.  ;D  Maybe TrianglePete will switch over to the dark side...

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #38 on: April 19, 2021, 12:36:42 am
Inside joke mode on:

Sacrilegious!!! With your change of the weight distribution and frame geometry between front and back you have decreased your brake efficiency down to at least 99.8% of what it was before. How do you think you would ever survive an emergency braking when your skill level is ONLY good for 99.8% ? The statistics are now against you. You are suicidal, if you just brake 99.8 % and drive straight into the car.

I still remember the time, when bikes looked like this. And most of the bikes had points. They were quite unreliable and most of the bikes rode like shit.

Also, the use of a larger front wheel may result in a higher speedometer deviation than 10% + 4km/h.
You might fool TÜV by not telling them. Thats an excellent reason for the insurance not to pay after an accident. Because it was not negligent, but an intentional fraud.

Just an other "custom" bike. That nobody wants to buy, if you ever want to sell it.

Inside joke mode off

This was just a small summary of comments *a little bit changed to fit the situation* left in other peoples topics on changes on their bikes, payed with their own money.

Everyone likes what they like and everyone's taste is different.
I think we can leave it at that.

Agree, and very funny  ;D...

viczena is making dangerous and foolish modifications and should buy a bike that was made as a scrambler from the factory..

Now, I'm off to the shed to put the GS500 wheels back onto my DR250. Because I have no problem with foolish and dangerous. Braaap!  8)
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #39 on: April 19, 2021, 12:44:06 am
As long as the engines run, you are right. But if the engine stops while you are in water, it gets complicated.

Only if the water's above the exhaust valve tho... That's a pretty deep crossing. Youd  probably fry the shitty efi electrical system first.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: April 19, 2021, 07:20:04 am
Drive into shallow water leveled just over your flat pipe and stop the engine. You will be surprised.

And how could I not see that the trials was intended just as a pure street bike. Good to have competent experts.

https://youtu.be/1fyddp-a6Oc
www.enfieldtech.de

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #41 on: April 19, 2021, 08:10:08 am
Drive into shallow water leveled just over your flat pipe and stop the engine. You will be surprised.

I can't even figure out which pipe you are advocating for anymore. Which one are you calling the flat pipe? And which one would you prefer?

I realise you're the expert on all things but you know, I probably wouldn't be all that surprised. In my experience (grew up in Aus outback) drowning the exhaust isn't causing problems unless the water's so deep it can get to the exhaust port. Otherwise the pipe just floods, and drains out when the machine is recovered, or the engine starts. If it were such a problem, my ski boat engine with wet exhaust would be destroyed every time the engine stops. The exhausts are completely submerged apart from a short rise to the manifold. No airlock. Just a rubber flap to stop other boat's wake going up there. Muffler baffles will do the same job.

What exactly are you getting at?
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: April 19, 2021, 08:21:52 am
And I dont even want the water to flood my exhaust. Seems the same for every other offroad Bike on the market.  But maybe you are right and all this is just foolish.
www.enfieldtech.de

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #43 on: April 19, 2021, 09:02:44 am
Fair enough. A flooded exhaust is indeed suboptimal.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

wr6133

• Scooter
Reply #44 on: April 28, 2021, 01:44:36 pm
No chain tension issues going 35mm over stock on the rear?