Author Topic: Pics of my bikes  (Read 2658 times)

greekxj

• Grease Monkey
on: March 13, 2011, 08:20:27 pm
Hey guys, took both of my bikes out today. I have been using the Enfield the last few weeks but it was the season premier for my Yamaha Roadliner ;D Wow did that thing feel like a tank after riding the Enfield haha. Ah well, took some pics in the driveway after. Enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/album/579900891tJIunx

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 08:33:43 pm
Nice!! You know... a tan solo seat would look great on that bullet. ;)
Chuck.
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

Gunga Din

• Northern Bullet
  • Scooter
Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 09:24:18 pm
Wow! Those are beautiful. That's the shiniest Enfield I've ever seen. It makes mine look like a beater. I love the candy apple red on the other bike. Well done Sir.

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 09:30:39 pm
Not only would a tan solo seat be good to see on that bike, a seven inch head lamp conversion would help you see and be seen better. Don't know how I survived before I did mine.
1972 Honda CB 450 Rufus, Murdered
1978 Triumph T-140 E, Sadly gone
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe Iron head, " Old Bill"
1971 Honda CB-100,"Kikuchiyo"-traded
O Day 20 Sailboat "Tempus Fugative"
1992 Mazda Miata "Lady Murisaki"250,00miles!
Too many Toys, what else is retirement for?

Gunga Din

• Northern Bullet
  • Scooter
Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 09:37:45 pm
It's your choice but why mess with a good thing. It's beautiful just the way it is. It's even the perfect color for an Enfield.  :)

greekxj

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 09:54:13 pm
Nice!! You know... a tan solo seat would look great on that bullet. ;)
Chuck.

Thanks Chuck. Tan sprung solo is on the way ;D

greekxj

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 09:56:42 pm
Wow! Those are beautiful. That's the shiniest Enfield I've ever seen. It makes mine look like a beater. I love the candy apple red on the other bike. Well done Sir.

Thank you so much. Ive been detailing for a long time and its just part of my nature. When i got the Enfield the cases were pretty cloudy and it just had alot of dust etc. i used my skills and supply knowledge and got her looking good in a short time. Hell i even used high end polishes on a variable speed polisher to make that paint pop.  ;D

greekxj

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 09:58:30 pm
Not only would a tan solo seat be good to see on that bike, a seven inch head lamp conversion would help you see and be seen better. Don't know how I survived before I did mine.

Ya tan solo for sure. I ordered it yesterday so im hoping to have it soon. Cant wait for that!!!!!!!! Will look into the headlight conversion but as of now i really dont take it out at night so not sure if i will need it at this point.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 12:44:14 am
Thank you so much. Ive been detailing for a long time and its just part of my nature. When i got the Enfield the cases were pretty cloudy and it just had alot of dust etc. i used my skills and supply knowledge and got her looking good in a short time. Hell i even used high end polishes on a variable speed polisher to make that paint pop.  ;D

You have made a very attractive Royal Enfield with your experience in detailing.  I remember seeing your earlier pictures too.

Would you write some suggestions on my thread - How to Remove Rust because of rust on my silencer - Click on the link below.  Thanks.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,9956.0.html
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:00:30 am by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 05:59:51 am
Nice bikes  8)

I hear you about the Yammy feeling like a tank. I get the same feeling every time I fire it up  the H-D. It goes away within a mile or less but,,,,,,the Bullet is just so darn versatile it gets ridden more in one month than the H-D does in a year.

No matter where you go, there, you are.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 02:59:27 pm
Nice bikes  8)

I hear you about the Yammy feeling like a tank. I get the same feeling every time I fire it up  the H-D. It goes away within a mile or less but,,,,,,the Bullet is just so darn versatile it gets ridden more in one month than the H-D does in a year.

I told my wife I would sell the other 5 bikes when I bought the C5. I wasn't sure I meant it, but none of them have left  the garage since I got it. Now I have over 1000 miles on it.

greekxj

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 04:27:11 pm
You have made a very attractive Royal Enfield with your experience in detailing.  I remember seeing your earlier pictures too.

Would you write some suggestions on my thread - How to Remove Rust because of rust on my silencer - Click on the link below.  Thanks.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,9956.0.html

Hey, i read the thread and you have lots of good suggestions. Alot of the rust thats heavy really cant be polished with any typical cleaners. You just have to find a way to grind it off and just keep the area polished/waxed since rust will really start forming again. In general though i would just clean the pipe with soap and water and use Flitz or the Never dull wadding to attack the speckled parts. You could even use a clay bar with spray wax right after you wash the pipe to get some of the embedded crap out of the chrome and then once the surface is pretty  smooth then you can start the polish.  Any of the heavy specs i would just dab some metal polish on them(like the liquid kind) and let it sit for a few minutes to just help loosen it up. Then you can come back and use Never Dull for a nice detailed polish. Its tough though as nasty heavy rust does not really have a good solution for removal, well at least in removing and having the surface look new again etc. Based on the all the recommendations though you will get most of it off and it will look WAY better. Also keep up the polishing in the future to prevent it from getting bad again ya know.

greekxj

• Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 04:30:04 pm
Nice bikes  8)

Thanks Ice. It cracked me up when i took my first turn on the Yamaha and i went a little wide lol. The Enfield feels like a mountain bike with an engine:) Both fun just different ya know.

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 06:31:04 pm
Ya tan solo for sure. I ordered it yesterday so im hoping to have it soon. Cant wait for that!!!!!!!! Will look into the headlight conversion but as of now i really dont take it out at night so not sure if i will need it at this point.

The headlight makes you more visable in the day light, as well as making the road more visable in the night.

There is something specially wonderful about riding country roads on a bike on  a warn summer night. Don't miss it!  ::)

1972 Honda CB 450 Rufus, Murdered
1978 Triumph T-140 E, Sadly gone
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe Iron head, " Old Bill"
1971 Honda CB-100,"Kikuchiyo"-traded
O Day 20 Sailboat "Tempus Fugative"
1992 Mazda Miata "Lady Murisaki"250,00miles!
Too many Toys, what else is retirement for?

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 09:13:38 pm
Big +1 to what RBHoge says.

The big head light improves recognition/reaction times at night by letting me see more and farther without running big wattage bulbs that blind on coming traffic..
No matter where you go, there, you are.