Author Topic: new picture  (Read 4236 times)

NoNameFlea

• Scooter
on: March 11, 2011, 02:24:04 am
hey..I posted a new picture in the gallery....anyone want to take a stab at what i got..
sadie

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 02:53:47 am
hey..I posted a new picture in the gallery....anyone want to take a stab at what i got..
sadie
Sure,,,,
What you got is......
(a) the envy of many of your forum brothers  ;)
(2) an R.E. built Indian twin.  8)

Some one with more knowledge on the those will post more specific comments

Nice find and welcome to the obsession aboard.  :D
No matter where you go, there, you are.

NoNameFlea

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 03:20:25 am
thanks.. what I have found out with all my research is that it is a 1959 RE chief ? titled for a 1960.. apparently they were marketed to the police in '59 and the ones left on the showroom floor the following year were titled 1960... it was given to me a few years back and I am not sure what to do with it or even where to start... it is a nice size bike for me...  ;) and as soon as i can figure out how to post pics on this link i will put a few more up....oops found it...some days the blond shows through..lol

Rob Rydell

• Fightin Mick
  • Scooter
Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 06:04:59 pm
Nice bike! If you cannot figure out what to do with it just send it my way.
Heck I allways have room for more projects just never can seem to find the money. ;D
Should be an easy restore project for you.
At the end of the day are you going to look at it or ride it?

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 11:56:28 pm
You don't have enough bikes apart in there Rob.  ERC   ;D
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

Rob Rydell

• Fightin Mick
  • Scooter
Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 04:03:23 am
Its a sickness I think we all share. ??? I did get my litlle Indian to run today. Man I feel high as a kite I have oil, the mag fires, the bottom end sounds good. What a rush!!!!!!!!!!!!
At the end of the day are you going to look at it or ride it?

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 11:29:03 am
               Congratulations !!          
No matter where you go, there, you are.

carlo

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 12:18:25 am
sadie

Well, I started out thinking that's really a  Trailblazer. The Chief had 16 inch rims with really fat tires.  I pulled up the picture of my bike with Trailblazer fenders on it, and after bouncing between the two pictures for awhile, It looks like that is a Chief, just one with the wrong wheels on it. You might be able to buy new rims and spokes fromm Buchannan's to return that to the original look, which was different than any other Royal Enfield with the fat, American style tires on it.
They had extra wide front forks to allow for the fat tire. . If the space between the fork legs on your bike  is about 5 to 5-1/2 inches, at the very least, someone has installed a non-Chief front fork on it.
The Chiief would also have a longer, wider swingarm.
 The rear fender looks like it's either been choppeed at the front and rotated forward, or it's a non-Enfield item.

Regardless whether it''s a Chief or a Trailblazer, that's a great find. Worthy of restoring.

For comparison, here's my 1959 Tomahawk, with Trailblazer fenders and 1966 Interceptor motor.

rider677

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 07:40:19 pm
I was around when those bikes came out ,,never could afford one ,,that was i believe when royal enfield  got together with indian ,and produced the( sold in england royal enfield  ,,if sold here in the states it was Indian chief ) 1959 may have been the only ones to come here ,to the states, there is a guy in topeka ks. has one . the indian head on the front fender is a clue.  em.

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 10:23:23 pm
Had to load crummy picture others to big.This might help you identify yours. Bike is Chief pretty much original.   ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

NoNameFlea

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 03:17:32 am
wow thanks guys...it looks like it is a Chief...i have a box of parts..lol...that include the dash and a few other things..and yes the idiot that had it before me bobbed the rear fender...i am the 3rd owner of this bike and would like to see what it would go for if i wanted to get rid of it,,, thanks for all of yalls help
sadie

NoNameFlea

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 03:19:46 am
more pics

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 02:22:18 pm
What's the # on the motor just below the cylinder on the primary side of the crankcase?  Give me that and at least I can tell the year of the motor and if it's a Chief most likely.  ERC

NoNameFlea

• Scooter
Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 04:08:51 am
ERC... as soon as I get back to Pensacola I will get those numbers off the bike...I thought I had taken some pics of the number but I cant find them right now... I really appreciate all the help that all of yall are giving me...
Sadie

NoNameFlea

• Scooter
Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 11:39:21 pm
hey...I got the numbers off the bike...on the frame on the right neck is 4759..