Author Topic: OCE Oil  (Read 6046 times)

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 07:21:39 pm
i was reading about last night...i was wondering bob if u actually used in a bike...apparently for guns its great stuff especially the military issue carbines, etc...saw alot of positive on that...yes they market it for cars, bikes and lots of thing and even sell tubles of grease products with it in it...my understanding is that it really isn't a oil additive for say....of course the jest in the blogs was who was going to try it first on their personal bike and get back on the results...i didn't see alot of takers..most people are content to run motorcycle oil period and leave it at that..now if we could see the results with a enfield with over 30k miles on it while using militec for the majority of the usage then i be more curious on the product...slick 50 scares me..
Oh Magoo you done it again

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 09:47:18 pm
i was reading about last night...i was wondering bob if u actually used in a bike...apparently for guns its great stuff especially the military issue carbines, etc...saw alot of positive on that...yes they market it for cars, bikes and lots of thing and even sell tubles of grease products with it in it...my understanding is that it really isn't a oil additive for say....of course the jest in the blogs was who was going to try it first on their personal bike and get back on the results...i didn't see alot of takers..most people are content to run motorcycle oil period and leave it at that..now if we could see the results with a enfield with over 30k miles on it while using militec for the majority of the usage then i be more curious on the product...slick 50 scares me..

Slick50 is a little shaky on the technology - it has suspended Teflon particles in it - it's good as long as you are running - but when you turn the ride off - the particles settle out ..... not to mention that MOST of the "good stuff" ends up in the oil filter. I found, when stock car racing< that the Militec-1 would lower the oil temperature on the car about 50 or 60 degrees with NO other modifications at two ounces per quart. That was an eye opener for ME. I've also used it in in the Chang Jiang and Dnepr bikes and never seized a piston ..... that, in itself, is some sort of lubricating miracle!! Hahaha!  ::)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 10:12:59 pm
is it something u should use with a fairly new but broken in engine....I'm assuming u just talking about the iron bikes....would a 5 yr old iron under 10k be a viable candidate...
Oh Magoo you done it again

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 10:28:18 pm
is it something u should use with a fairly new but broken in engine....I'm assuming u just talking about the iron bikes....would a 5 yr old iron under 10k be a viable candidate...

I glugged it RIGHT in my Iron Barrel bikes - WITH the break in oil in it ..... I ain't takin' NO CHANCES .... I'm too dang lazy to put a piston in it ......  ::)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!