Author Topic: The Facts About Wisconsin  (Read 14781 times)

jjoe256

• Grease Monkey
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:13:20 pm by jjoe256 »

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 02:36:44 am
thanks and pretty much explains it all...i was headed in the right direction just needed a few more signs...the shannity show is way off on this and the governor is playing a game that he best forfeit and call it a day..they sure like to screw our people who work n pay taxes but can't wait to throw money at people who don't or hate our guts...what a crew...
Oh Magoo you done it again

jjoe256

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:42:50 am
Amen. I could go on but you're on the right track.

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 02:50:47 am
i pay taxes..I work for myself... I pay my own insurance .. I have no back wealth..  i am 63 in a couple of weeks....  wondering and questioning..  I was in a Union once...  found I didn't need to pay anyone for help...  for what I can do myself :)

jjoe256

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 03:07:20 am
Exactly my situation for the last 30 years that I worked.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 05:02:01 am
i pay taxes..I work for myself... I pay my own insurance .. I have no back wealth..  i am 63 in a couple of weeks....  wondering and questioning..  I was in a Union once...  found I didn't need to pay anyone for help...  for what I can do myself :)
I've been looking into starting a small bid ness. The gubber ment doesn't seem to like an independent person.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 05:07:43 am
true...  find a good tax accountant... ive been working with the same one for 35 yeqrs..

AND  for those of u that use a w2....fiorm,,    u are good for anonther $400 this year   ... make sure you get it... weather U agree or not  ............study
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 05:12:18 am by scoTTy »

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 04:05:46 pm
independent...isn't that what we all want.. some of us thought it was attainable 5 years ago and as we reached for the holy grail and poof it evaporated...they don't want u to be independent,, if that happen, they wouldn't have any power..I'm not convince that this whole union thing is nothing more than a smoke screen while they continue (both parties) to play this middleeast cash cow...just because were stuck with the bill doesn't mean some are not making billions...yes the unions and how they conduct business  or lack of is a discussion in itself but I suspect its just more smoke up all our asses while they continue to rob and disembowel us..but hey pay your taxes or they'll be saying its all your fault...

jjoe256

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 04:22:41 pm
Here's a link to an almost daily, short, blog on all things economic with a shout-out to Alexander Hamilton (for SB :-). Scroll through a few posts to get the feel:

http://www.prairie2.com/

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 04:54:01 pm
I understand the teachers currently make the best wages in the area. Wages are never brought up in any news cast I see. So what is this about?

What about the children who can't go to school right now and the parents that struggle to pay day care  that don't have a great teachers salary.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 05:03:58 pm
joe: thanks for the info...(I'll get to it eventually) u know i usually vote third party in presedential primaries, of course they never make it and at that point i throw my lot in with the republicans but i do so with trepidations...it looks like the prez has completely isolated himself and the only time u see him is something like  the jazz festival they had last week at the white house and of course their always old faithful (the Easter egg hunt) in a few weeks..Not that I'm a big admirer of him but being objective I 'd be pissed if I was a democrat as he's pretty much has bamboozled them too..It looks like his health care policy is getting a good rinsing and when its all said and done is probably going to evaporate into thin air...so in the end he's going to end up nothing more than a windbag, we'll still be getting hosed u know where, and  the media will make him into one of the top ten best we ever had...so who is steering the ship or is it on autopilot again??

jjoe256

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 05:12:37 pm
If you vote Republican, you're voting against your own self interest. And you don't want to get me started on Obama and health care here. Those are whole other threads. Just to be short, he's a HUGE disappointment. I supported him because I didn't want Clinton 2. As soon as he appointed Larry Summers I knew we were toast. In stead of a real force for change, he's showed himself to be to the right of Clinton, buying into the Right's assumptions which aren't valid. Peace Prize!! That's a real joke!The media has never had an honest debate about the issues and Obama sold out the health care farm before the planting. You might actually be interested in Bernie Sanders, the independent senator from Vermont.

http://sanders.senate.gov/about/

Check the issues on the right and see what you think. He's my Senator-though I live in Wa., represented by Jim McDermott, Maria Cantwell, and Patty Murray, all Dems. Also see the link below:

REPozer:

You shouldn't blame teachers for making less than what they're worth. Look at the corp.'s that outsourced the jobs and broke  unions in the private sector. That's where their high paying jobs went. Blaming the "greedy" teachers is buying into a smoke screen to hide the real culprits.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/04/jon-stewart-teachers-walls-street-fox_n_831243.html

Something is very wrong in this country where TV shows and comics are the only real voice: Boston Legal, The Practice, Harry's Law, TheDailyShow, Colbert, etc.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 05:26:47 pm by jjoe256 »

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 05:28:29 pm
indeed..i don't blame u on clinton 2 but as i remember it, they had us all believing she was a shoe in for the nominee and then she was told to take a bow and move aside for Obama...I was really surprise that we didn't hear more of a outcry from women's rights group, etc when that happen and at that point I figured that something was amiss..u know the media loves to talk about gender inequities, etc..that being said, all i see is a puppet on a string with a large bony finger that gets pointed at us and lips that move but don't resonance like they use too...maybe its best he just sit back and not doing anything at this point...either way, we'll still be u know where 2 years from now with a token pullout if that and shelling out a t2/3 more trillion by the next election...thanks for the comments.

jjoe256

• Grease Monkey
Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 05:45:51 pm
Women's groups cried loud and long before, but  stepping aside was after it became electorally clear Hilary couldn't win. Here's a better link to the whole Stewart bit, the first on the show.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/221208/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-thu-mar-3-2011#play-queued-show-by-original_premiere_date-asc
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 05:59:24 pm by jjoe256 »

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 06:02:03 pm
Why did WI Democrate Sentors run away?

Didn't the people of WI elect Senators to make dissions that represent themselves?

Why is it so difficult for a Senator to simply vote "NO" on a bill that they don't agree with?

Running away is cowardice.