Author Topic: price crazy  (Read 8284 times)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #45 on: April 02, 2012, 08:29:27 pm
On the other hand, there's no use panicking because one guy has a lot of trouble with his bike and tells us about all the problems. There are 4000 other members on this forum htat aren't complaining about anything. I have had very few things go wrong with my bike that couldn't be fixed easily by me, and certainly no more problems than I've had with any other bike, and I've owned 50 or so.
I like to hear what problems other guys have, but on the other hand, when I had a crankshaft pickup coil go out on my Triumphs, starting wit my '95 Speed Triple and continuing to my 2006 Scrambler, I could certainly let the other guys having the same problem know what their problem was. And I'm still hearing from Triumph owners battling the problem.
So it is good to know that the possibility of a problem exists and what the cure is, but to worry about something that might happen to even 100 out of 50,000 isn't worth calling the product a POS. I don't I worry about my Enfield any more than any other bike I've owned any more. It might get a touch more TLC than some of the others, but that's because it's easier to work on than the others. But believe me, I don't coddle it. Since I got the cafe racer thing done, I pretty much just wash it, occasionally. And ride it a lot.
It's a great bike and I love it. It will definitely fall into my top 5 all time favorites. And those can be adjusted to depending upon the use.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #46 on: April 02, 2012, 08:37:31 pm
Well put brother !
No matter where you go, there, you are.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #47 on: April 03, 2012, 12:09:33 am
I can't disagree with Bares comments either..Just got back from a spirited cool spring ride and had a blast...Problems have been minor over the past 5 years,  I have to admit I'm probably guilty of looking at my bike with Rose color glasses..But hey, why not...She's proven her worth ,,, :o Per Kevins comments , enfield produces just over 100k machines a year...I was really surprise at that number as I expected it to be higher...It really is a niche market with a waiting list to purchase..
Harleys (I;m thinking smaller displacement cc machines ) being produced overseas and the market graying out  in the U.S.affecting manufacturing ...- I hope not but if the market isn't here it might better someplace else...
Oh Magoo you done it again

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #48 on: April 03, 2012, 12:25:56 am
All moto forums for all bikes and brands are filled with horror stories, though most people there are doing just fine.  It's the problems that get posted.  Also, all bikes have their idiosyncrasies.

I think the RE factory needs to bring quality up just a smidge and they'll be in line with most other major brands.  I think part of the frustration of new owner's with problems is that the design is new and (at least in the US) most dealers are new to it and still learning the quirks.  

CMW works hard to keep us all rolling.  If you're not satisfied with the service you're getting from your dealer call CMW direct and ask for help there.  They can probably help get you and your dealer sorted.

Scott
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:19:33 am by Ducati Scotty »

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #49 on: April 03, 2012, 12:46:54 am
Just like Bittercreek's Weeble Wobbles. It took him months to find out the head bearing was loose. I asked him early on if it had been checked and the dealer had presumably checked it. Apparently some dealers are still sorting out the bikes themselves. I was never aware that a loose head bearing was that hard to detect! I've found a few. Would've been the first place I looked.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com