Author Topic: New UCE engine with Electronic Ignition training  (Read 20870 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 11:05:47 pm
Because the engine is going to last for a while we intend to develop speed equipment for it which will help tinkerers. Also since it is man made and mechanical it will break, we just don't know what or when. So having tinkerers aboard will be a good thing.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

BanditRE

• Bulleteer
  • Use Small Words - I'm an Engineer
Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 01:36:11 pm
Excellent stuff. Let's hope it lasts as long as the old iron one.

Purely out of interest, do you see a problem with CMW having to stock parts for 3 engines and 3 gearboxes now? I know you guys aren't getting rich here, and I was just curious if the new unit engine would cause you to have to stock so many new parts that you'd be struggling with inventory costs or space, or something I haven't thought of......

I'm just curious.
2007 Military 500ES. 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 03:33:51 pm
I too am glad for the forward thinking of RE, when it comes to supplying the info for their customers on the EFI. We don't have to guess much why other companies don't do so. Everyday that I set in my garage surrounded by my now 7 bikes,the Savage is sold, I know that if it came down to keeping only one bike, there is no doubt in my mind which one it would be. My 2005 iron motored Classic. That is a lot to say, considering that my bikes range from a 441 BSA, all the way up to a 120HP custom I built. I just can't explain why, but I love that bike more than anything I have ever owned, and that has been over 33 bikes, including 13 Harleys, over 43 years.     Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

BanditRE

• Bulleteer
  • Use Small Words - I'm an Engineer
Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 04:56:27 pm
I know how you feel. I don't have 7 bikes (unfortunately!) but I used to have two. One had to go recently, due to our great economy, and while the other was certainly more "useful" in terms of its ability to commute, tour, superslab, twisties, it is the Enfield that remains in the garage.

You can pry it from cold dead hands!  ;D
2007 Military 500ES. 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 07:04:41 pm
My sentiments exaclty. My herd of bikes is being thinned out this year. I hope to only own 4 when done, but if need be the RE Bullet will be the only bike I own.   Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

Jon

• Bulleteer
Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 08:20:22 pm
I rather think that each generation of tinkerers has looked at the next generation of bikes and thrown up their hands in horror. The USA seems to be a nation of gearheads and if the new bullet had an on-board nuclear reactor I'd expect
someone to be modifying it within the week!
As this is the first unit design from Enfield India maybe they should follow tradition
and call it the Bullet Crusader?

doomed1

• The Pirate King
  • Bulleteer
Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 10:15:12 pm
I rather think that each generation of tinkerers has looked at the next generation of bikes and thrown up their hands in horror. The USA seems to be a nation of gearheads and if the new bullet had an on-board nuclear reactor I'd expect
someone to be modifying it within the week!
As this is the first unit design from Enfield India maybe they should follow tradition
and call it the Bullet Crusader?
i would go for that. riding the Crusader around sounds pretty badass :P

i've been curious though, does anyone know when the UCE engine make it stateside? i'm willing to wait, but i want to know how long.

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 03:44:38 pm
Seems I recall that next year.......maybe.  Here is a link to some info on the UCE in India http://www.royalenfield.com/ThunderbirdTwinspark/home.html.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 07:40:55 pm
Under the best of circumstances we will not see the UCE in the US until sometime in 2009
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

doomed1

• The Pirate King
  • Bulleteer
Reply #24 on: July 08, 2008, 08:25:21 pm
Under the best of circumstances we will not see the UCE in the US until sometime in 2009
i can deal with that, i was just wondering when in 2009. late spring, early summer, late summer. it gives me some space to plan out finances and my options leading up to purchasing it.

you don't really have to answer though, thanks for the hard work.

deejay

Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 12:10:31 pm
Seems I recall that next year.......maybe.  Here is a link to some info on the UCE in India http://www.royalenfield.com/ThunderbirdTwinspark/home.html.

Strange, not much specs when you click on the engine interaction. They seem to only discuss obvious improvements from the classic design, as if potential buyers have owned a classic before.