Author Topic: POSTS PLUS HITS/SALES  (Read 6252 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 06:28:57 pm
I think the women's market may take off.  There was a couple in at PDX a while back.  The guy had a Harley and the woman wanted a bike with low standover height.  They were digging the style and loved that there was a lowering kit avaiable.  The Harley really dug the low prices on all the accessories compared to HD items.

Price is a factor.  I could have gotten a brand new SV 650 for less and that's a mighty nice bike.  For me I was looking to get out of the speed bike mind set so it made sense.

I like the Bullet Black more and more, even though it may not be the bike for me.  I think the lower price is definitely going to help sell a lot of bikes.  Look at the Ducati Monster Dark, they sold tons of those.  Flat balck paint, lower seat, lower price.  Looks like a similar marketing place to get new riders to a brand and it works.

Scott

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 06:41:52 pm
Scott, I agree. It is just that nobody knows what they are. Harley raised the price of their cheapest Sportster by over $1000 for 2011. They used to be so good at marketing. I remember the $3995 Sportster with a guaranteed trade in value.

Anyway, I hope for only the best for RE. I am a fan and with any luck, I will be a customer this week. The magazine ads and articles will help, but there is nothing like seeing them out on the roads. CMW needs a full accessory catalog at the dealerships. Somebody ought to drag them down to the local Harley and Ducati shops. 30% of H-D sales is clothing! Triumph is catching up.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 07:28:10 pm
maybe so  but all that accessories stuff at the harley dealership is really costly and no where near the price  of the stuff in the catalog we get every year...Yeah I  know they make alot of money on that stuff and I like looking at it along side the 25k bikes they have polished and lined  up on the flooroom.. I like their machines, just figure I could use 25 k somewhere else...
Oh Magoo you done it again

olhogrider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 07:56:08 pm
A paper catalog at the dealership. Is that too much to ask? I want a new C5. I would like a pillion/rack combo. I have seen pictures (I think) on line. Try the nfeildgear site for one. Nope. Someone wants panniers for their Military. Do they exist? Who knows? I ordered an exhaust last week so it would be here when I get the bike. It is still "processing". My dealer only orders new bikes once the old ones sell.

The whole  experience reminds me of motorcycling in the '60s when bikes were sold by enthusiasts out of greasy shops full of parts and cases of oil. Most of today's customers aren't nostalgic for those old days. I hope you don't scare off potential customers. There is a great name and heritage here. Use it to sell more bikes. I would buy a t-shirt and many new riders need jackets and other gear. I hope you see these as suggestions for how to make more money. If CMW does well, we (fans) all benefit.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 11:40:37 pm
i haven't had any problems when i ordered my new exhaust, leather seat, points/condenser, gas filter, 5 oil change kit, ..that was a couple of years ago over the phone...my understanding is that the warehouse is set up pretty good...maybe some one can  chime in on what oldhogrider is experiencing...he doesn't sound pleased and needs a tshirt (only kidding)...what's going on up there, people want to buy stuff and that's good...cheers and hope u get your supplies and your absolutely right that a dealer should have a catalog,

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 11:45:43 pm
I always call in my order, never had a problem.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

olhogrider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 12:22:26 am
I always call in my order, never had a problem.

They have this new thing now called the "internet" where you can find all kinds of stuff at all hours of the day or night.  ;)

Looking around the site it is clear I'm not the only one here who thinks the online store needs to be brought up to 21st century standards.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 12:27:18 am
Yeah, but I never hear any complaints from people who use the phone ;)
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 01:33:16 am
don't get me wrong, u should be able to get the same service as if u used the phone ...that being said, i always wonder if I'm in line with groceries and the entire scanning software goes to crap...guess what I'm not getting food there today.I've also notice that people don't answer emails or voice mail anymore and if u really want to get something done u need to get on the phone and have a bit of verbal contact....i like to call as to make sure I'm getting the part that i need for my specific machine,,,i hate it when something else come in the mail...in a perfect world...well we all know that is never gonna be including technology innovations.