Author Topic: Just bought a truck load of 54-58 250CC parts 1 Hounds arrow and 1 clipper!  (Read 1976 times)

Rob Rydell

• Fightin Mick
  • Scooter
I do not want to sell but I do have alot of extra parts and do not mind helping others out.
I need some help trying to ID a motor I have 4 all together. One set of case have an S and 3 numbers after it. I was wondering if the S would be for trials /Hounds Arrow?  I am not sure how to research this information. I am also trying to make sure I have the right transmission in the hounds arrow as well. Any info will help. The extra parts I have are a frame/ shocks/ rear wheel /spare motor 1/2 a trans. I do not really want to sell anything until I get two finished. As soon as I learn how to post photos I will.
The bikes are in the seattle WA area. If you are an expert in them please give me a call. I am a BSA B33/31 guy this was a fluke that I ended up with.
360 672 5236
At the end of the day are you going to look at it or ride it?

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Photos ????
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

Rob Rydell

• Fightin Mick
  • Scooter

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Would you happen to have a crusader air box?
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

GeorgeE

• Scooter
S is Enfield's designation for a 250 motor as G is for 350 And J for 500.
.  I  inquired about the parts but shipping cross country was killer so I passed.
Nice haul for a great price.  Congrats.
Check over at Britbike.com on the Enfield board.. Several guys with lots of knowledge on the older bikes.
47 G
5? Bullet
58 Trailblazer
59Constellation
61 Hornet
64 500 Twin
64 Interceptor
2007 Electra

Rob Rydell

• Fightin Mick
  • Scooter
Garbone I do not have a airbox sorry.

George I thought the price was good as well I drove 12 hours to get the parts.
I was after the M1 Mag and the wheels for my BSA projects. I do not want to do that the parts are all right and match for the bikes so now I am trying to decide what to sell. The R.E has a title and the numbers match I have it kicking over and am working on spark. I think on a good day it would go for $ 1800 yet not sure I would find another. The Hounds arrow I think is the rare one then all the extra parts like cams d smiths clutches I was so hoping to score BSA parts of the same years. So for now I have built for two days non stop. Should have them both close to complete by this weekend. Hope to ride one. I am more a BSA B31 33 guy. So may just flip to score more B parts. Unless this thing just runs like a dream. I will try and post pics of all the parts that are left over after I have the bikes up to snuff.