Author Topic: Carb bottom tube routing...  (Read 1018 times)

Superchuck

• Grand Gearhead
on: February 19, 2011, 12:26:18 am
Hey all, i live in the city so i lock up my bike with a couple of locks... one is a long cable lock that i put through the back wheel then through the sissy-bar on the back of the seat.  last night I routed it through the engine area under the carb and when i unlocked it it pulled the bottom tiny carb tube out from wherever it was draining too.  i'm guessing this is a fuel overflow tube... it's the very thin one that's about eight or so inches long and attaches to the nipple at the direct bottom of the carb...

where is this tube supposed to drain to?

thanks!
chuck

greekxj

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 01:05:34 am
Hey, i have 2 hoses on my 07 iron barrel with the stock Micarb so bare with me if there is any difference from the AVL engine setup. I assume the upper hose would be the overflow and the bottom one a possible drain to empty the bowl before removing the carb? Mine kinda both meet below the carb area by the frame and are tied to it with a factory "strap/zip tie" type set up. Yours might be different but thats how my iron barrel is at least. Hope it helps.

Superchuck

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 02:33:28 am
thanks, and sorry for the double post- my internet was going haywire.  they weren't zip-tied to anything, as the one upper carb overflow hose is only two inches long and about the width of a standard drinking straw.  anyone else know of this mysterious hose thing?  many thanks!

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 02:47:07 am
The upper one is a float bowl vent and the lower is a float bowl overflow.

The ends of both of mine are tucked in between the engine and transmission.

No matter where you go, there, you are.

Superchuck

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 03:27:51 pm
ok great- yeah i thought it was just crammed down there in the middle somewhere.  just put about thirty miles of rural riding on it this morning and lovin it... gettin some coffee now and then finding an interesting way home-