Author Topic: Fuel Injector & Valve Cleaner / Lube for Motorcycle ?  (Read 22754 times)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 02:59:54 pm
My local station advertises premium with no methanol added, I hope they are telling the truth because that's what I run :D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 06:57:38 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

nigelogston@gmail.com

• Bulleteer
Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 03:08:47 pm
Stupid question (from a wannabe ownner)   Are they supposed to run on regular or premium? 

By the way, the silence from the chorus to my rally cry "Juiced UCEjorresponse from the co

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 03:10:17 pm
Sat Sree Akaal Singh Ji.

So far I have managed to locate three system cleaner available in my town.

A. OWS(Germany) for two wheelers- No info on content.

B. Wuerth(Germany) Petrol Additive-

1. Low boiling point hydrogen treated naptha
2. Propane-2-ol
3. kerosine
4. Hydrocarbylamine
5. Phenol, isobutylented
6. 2-(2-heptadec-8-enyl-2-imidazolin-1-yl)ethanol
7. (Z)-N-methyl-n-(1-oxo-9-octadecenyl)glycine
8. Napthalene

C. Cyclo(USA)- Max 44 total system cleaner - Contents
1.     Fuel oil, no. 2
2.   Xylene (mixed isomers)
3.   Ethylbenzene
4.   Naphthalene
5.   Polymer Amine Blend

What do you think which one sounds more promising?

@SSR:

I really like your detailed observation and recording the proper names of these ingredients - you must have studied chemistry  :D.  

I will pick Wuerth Petrol Additive (Germany).  It has multi-functional ingredients.  It will clean, it will lubricate, it will remove water from gas and it could even help easier start in the winter.

A word of CAUTION - Some ingredients in most fuel additives have corrosive solvents that can attack rubber or gaskets or other parts that may come in contact with them.  It depends on the % of that solvent in the mixture.  Use them once in a while - say once in a few months.  
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

nigelogston@gmail.com

• Bulleteer
Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 03:32:44 pm
Try # 3   My earlier post flew out prematurely and the follow up disappearred in cyberspace. 
I was observing that the silence from the chorus to my rally cry for a "JUICED UCE" engine porting breathing thread was deafening.

Too Far?
     A Visionary ahead of his time?
           Just plain crazy? (where did I put that Thorazine)

Other names for the concept (Screaming Eagle  being taken and all......) staying with the American bird with presidential approval motif could be
      "PERKIN' TURKEY"   Ben Franklin's favourite)

or there is always "Speeding Bullet" .......

Just dreaming     .   No general begins a campaign thinking only of the first battle.  No harm in dreaming of turing something great into something superb is there?
Nigel

SSR

• Grease Monkey
Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 04:09:32 pm
Thank you Singh ji for your advice and I'll keep that in mind not to over use it. Wuerth it is then.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 04:55:58 pm
I haven't tried the Lucas in a bike, but it's good stuff in a Jeep.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #36 on: February 26, 2011, 05:29:59 pm
My local station advertises premium with no methanol added, I hope they are telling the truth because that's what I run :D

I think most gas in this country is cut with ethanol, not methanol.

Scott

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: February 26, 2011, 05:33:17 pm
Whatever, it's still crap.
Iron Butt Association

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: February 26, 2011, 05:42:36 pm
i use the lucas..brought a gallon jug of it 2 years ago and hit all  the bikes a couple of times a year....seafoam the bikes a couple times of year too..nothing crazy, u know the ounce amount per gallon as recommended..so far, no problems on three bikes that are approximately 4-7 years old...I also make a point to shut the petcock off  about a 1/4 miles from the garage to empty the bowl a bit and keep the petcock in the off position when parked in the garage..Green Machine gets put to TDC as much as possible and always when parked overnight..ethanol is all these machines have known /10%...So I can't comment on the results of 100% gasoline as its not around here..
Oh Magoo you done it again

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #39 on: February 26, 2011, 06:59:07 pm
 Are they supposed to run on regular or premium? 

Regular is fine.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: February 26, 2011, 07:13:09 pm
Yeah, the only reason I use that  premium is that is supposed to be alcohol free.
Iron Butt Association

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #41 on: February 26, 2011, 07:25:26 pm
Free alcohol? Where's that station?

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #42 on: February 26, 2011, 11:18:52 pm
I think alcohol has about half the energy of gasoline when you burn it.  It's a very clean burning fuel but if you run a fuel like E-85 (85% ethanol, 15% gas) you need things like bigger injectors or carbs to deliver the fuel the engine needs and you get much less power for the same displacement.

Scott

No esta correcto. Hermano! Alky is less energy dense than petro-fuel - BUT - it's about 130 octane and since its oxygenated - the more you pile in, the better it runs .... think Wssota Modified Stock Cars - think Top Fuel Drag cars with nitroMETHANOL. There's plenty of GOOD to straight alky - taking seven gallons of petro-fuel to make eight gallons of it isn't one of its strengths. Neither is its energy density, but strictly as a motor fuel - +5! See my earlier posts on Henry Fords better idea of running his Model T Ford cars on home-brewed alky.
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #43 on: February 27, 2011, 01:10:01 pm
I think it only takes 4 gallons of oil to make five gallons of alcohol.  A little better than the ratio you posted, but still makes you wonder if it would be in gasoline at all if Ohio didn't voter first in the primaries :(  And yes, it's an excellent fuel in so many ways but is just much less energy dense. 

Couldn't the Model-T run on just about anything?  Alcohol. kerosene, gasoline, diesel, peanut oil?  And I think it gets in the neighborhood of 40-45mpg on many of those fuels.  Makes you wonder what we've been doing since then that that mileage is still considered outstanding.

Scott

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #44 on: February 27, 2011, 02:52:27 pm

Couldn't the Model-T run on just about anything?  Alcohol. kerosene, gasoline, diesel, peanut oil?  And I think it gets in the neighborhood of 40-45mpg on many of those fuels.  Makes you wonder what we've been doing since then that that mileage is still considered outstanding.

Scott

In that the Model T was built at the dawn of the combustion engine era, it WAS capable of running on a variety of fuels - although alky and gasoline did the trick best! The low compression (4:1) assured that detonation most likely would not occur - even with heptane or "drip gas". It was pretty common to "stretch" the gasoline in the day with cheaper kerosene and even lamp oil. I tried a "proven" 50/50 mix of kerosene and gasoline in the Dub-Nyepper once to validate the claims that I'd heard of their ability to run on this stinky mixture ....... yeah, other than the aweful smell - it ran just fine! I agree with you that technology isn't what it's cracked up to be on new, modern and wonderful cars. I had a first gen Honda Civic that would show me WELL into the 50mpg range on regular fuel with a little judicious driving. Of course, it didn't have 50 airbags, anti-lock brakes, traction control, heated leather seats, a rearview camera and On*Star ...... but for the mileage, I was happy to get fake sheepskin seat covers, turn around to back up and carry a DIME for a PAY PHONE .....  ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!