Author Topic: Breath-taking is not too strong a word....!  (Read 4296 times)

realoldfart

• Scooter
on: February 27, 2011, 12:11:38 am
Couldn't resist, ladies and gentlemen;
 We had a 4-week spell of beautiful weather here in Northern California thru the month of January, '11. That worked perfectly for me because I picked up my new, gorgeous, breath-taking G5 from Munroe Motors in San Francisco on Dec 23, '10. I rode the bike out to our Sonoma County coast, maybe 5 miles north of Bodega Bay, and took this picture.
  Love the Coast, am pleased with the picture, and am thrilled to pieces with the bike!  
                                                                 Wayne in Santa Rosa, CA

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 12:28:25 am
Very nice shot, good looking bike.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 12:45:34 am
Beautiful! Santa Rosa is about 100 miles from me. Let me know if you would like to the coast sometime. You have some great roads up there. I have a really weird schedule.

Dan

Chris-G5

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 01:16:19 am
Nice picture! Is that a 2011 G5? Looks like they changed the rocker covers on the G5 to the ones the C5 has. Also the EFI 500 on the lifter cover.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 01:29:49 am by Chris-G5 »

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 01:59:15 am
Nice picture! Is that a 2011 G5? Looks like they changed the rocker covers on the G5 to the ones the C5 has. Also the EFI 500 on the lifter cover.

Boy - You got GOOD eyes!! Yes - the engines were "commonised" on the two bikes - so if you got the "squared off" G5 rocker and engine covers - you got the rare ones! The engraving on the tappet cover was heavily suggested by several folks. It's kinda classy, I think!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 02:41:50 am
Breath taking or breath stopping picture  ;D -  it is awesome.  Beautiful bike and background, Wayne.
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

nigelogston@gmail.com

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 10:45:06 am
Congratulations.  Yes it is besutiful.   What is it about these things that has the power to turn us al into little boys?  (I know I will be "intoducing" my bike , when I get it , to my world and stopping just to step back  and gaze at it fondly.   
By the way, what exhausts are those.  Not the ones that came new surely?  Nigel.

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 11:19:56 am
Very nice photo, including the nicest bike I can think of  ;D.

One question: since when do G5 and C5 have the same tail light? Is that a feature of the 2011 version, too? Mine has the chrome unit that looks like this:
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 05:16:07 pm
Very nice photo, including the nicest bike I can think of  ;D.

One question: since when do G5 and C5 have the same tail light? Is that a feature of the 2011 version, too? Mine has the chrome unit that looks like this:

Scoundrel! - YOU get the "rest of the free world" pretty, chrome version - Hahaha!  I think it lacks like, one square millimeter of surface area when measured from a distance of 60 meters at a 23 degree angle of incidence at night during a full moon ..... you get the picture.  ::) The tail lights and tailpieces on the G5 and C5 were commonised at about chassis 3500 or so if my memory serves me. All that was done to ease parts supply and production issues between the two bikes.
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

realoldfart

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 01:53:43 am
The "silencer" on this 2011 G5 is the one advertised on the Nfield Gear website that can be accessed at the top of this page. It is the "EFI Silencer" (Z91510, $170) that is made to work with the factory EFI, as I understand it. Looking in the "out" end of the thing shows lots of restriction, but I guess that's what's needed to work with the EFI. I not sure if this silencer is any louder than the stock because I put it on immediately after getting the bike home - in the back of my pickup - and never ran the bike with the stock one. My guess is, it might be a little louder, but not much. I'm also not sure if it gives the bike more power for the same reason.
  It says the silencer is meant to be used on a closed course only because it may not meet modern emission standards. So of course you DO realize that picture was taken on a closed course!
  And thanks for your kind words about the photograph, gentlemen. I do appreciate 'em.
                                                   Wayne in Santa Rosa, CA

motorat

• Grease Monkey
Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 06:35:00 pm
nice shot...one of my favorite routes.
when i get the RE we will have to go for a ride, i'm in sebastopol.
Joe
08 dl650abs
 c5 military