Author Topic: I really want one!  (Read 14421 times)

hotrod

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 03:03:54 am
Luckily I am south and I would be riding ride up to the border of LA....the freeway is nice and wide and my typical commute is relatively relaxed, but I have friends that won't drive their CARS through downtown...ha!

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 03:20:19 am
Eggs-zack-leee!

Tri750

• Big Al
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 05:28:19 pm
Al here from BMW of Fresno.
We have both the C and G available for test rides if you dont mind coming to Fresno.
We also have a lowering kit on the C5 if you want to try that.
BA
Current bikes:
'71 BMW R75/5 racer
'73 Kaw Z1 racer
'77 Tri 750 Bonneville
'99 BMW R1100RT

hotrod

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 06:21:02 pm
Wow Al, the C with the lowering kit sounds right up my alley.  Unfortunately, there is now way I could get up there to see them....thanks for the offer though!

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 06:27:32 pm
I used to work for a guy we called Hot Rod.I was mean to him and I regret it.Just get the Enfield,H.R.Everything else will fall into place.What model is Crizzler?I  am also a 50s nut but have nothing to show for it.But since I lived thru that time,I do have the memory of it.Can't buy that.I go back there a lot.I am hoping that when senility has taken over,I can just stay there,go for rides in my uncles' new Hudson.Fill it up with Ethel for 10 bucks.Check out the half naked chicks on roller skates at the drive in.

hotrod

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 06:39:02 pm
I forgive your mean streak  ;D. Chrysler is a windsor, chopped 7", made into a coupe from a four door (with a coupe sized front door, didn't just weld the back shut), lowered abuunch in the back, only an inch the front.  Trying to make it an early 50s build...

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 07:39:11 pm
Al here from BMW of Fresno.
We have both the C and G available for test rides if you dont mind coming to Fresno.
We also have a lowering kit on the C5 if you want to try that.
BA

Al , tell us about the lowering kit. Post a picture if you can.

Hotrod: If you can wait, there will be new models including the legendary bullet frame with a UCE engine, and a delux C5 with chrome fenders and tank soon. The C5 is faster than the G5 especially the chrome one. 

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 07:39:25 pm
Sounds pretty special.

hotrod

• Scooter
Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 08:30:43 pm
Thanks single...

+1 on the lowered photo...

I have seen photos of the chrome c5 and it is pretty bitchen, but no more bitchen to me than the military or black ones....

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 09:14:45 pm
Maybe next to a stock one for comparison if you can.  From what I understand it's a lower seat and shorter rear shocks.  It makes for about 3-4" lower total seat height.

Scott

poorboy3000

• Scooter
Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 05:31:06 am
Hotrod,
i am in the same position as you, i really like the looks of the C5, but i want the kicker. i went shopping around last weekend to check out the bike in person and was told by 2 separate dealers to expect the 2011 to come with kickers and to be ready for pick-up anywhere between May and July. if anyone else has a better time line, i would love to hear it.

hotrod

• Scooter
Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 05:45:48 am
well im gonna visit the nearest dealer on saturday, ill let you know if I get any more info....

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 05:52:02 am
Welcome aboard poorboy3000,

While the  Bullet looks good, wait till you ride one then you will know what the fuss is all about  ;)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

hotrod

• Scooter
Reply #28 on: February 19, 2011, 10:04:43 pm
Went down to the closest dealer today.  It was a small scooter shop in San Clemente. They had 2 C5 (Teal and Red) and two G5 (Black and Green).  The employee I spoke to was nice but not exceedingly knowledgeable about the product (he told me the only difference between the two was that the g had 18" wheels and the C had 17", ha!).  He started up a G for me.  Both bikes are definately much sexier in person.  He said he could order me one and have it in in two weeks (which seems to me to be an extremely tight time schedule for something coming from India...) 
This all leads me to another question.  He said they could outfit the motorcycle however I wanted from the factory....for those of you who have ordered yours, how "outfittable" are they?  What kind of options are there?

Also, got a cool flyer that I hadn't seen before....  Next weekend Im gonna head to the two bigger dealers (both 30-40 mins by freeway, both in opposite directions and for some reason, no motorcycle related business is open Sunday or Monday)

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #29 on: February 19, 2011, 11:09:42 pm
My dealer is very knowledgeable. I guess that's how they have stayed in business for over 50 years. He said they ship from a warehouse in California. That explains the 2 week delivery schedule. Still waiting to see a black C5. I'm about 90% sure that's what I want. Or the miltary. 
Or the teal. Or the red. I already ordered the EFI exhaust. Now I have to get the bike!