Author Topic: Electra  (Read 18113 times)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 02:53:27 am
hee. hee,, yep two wrenches in one hand and one in the other..  slippage abundent..

hmmm. but I wear a size 12 shoe.. my foot would get in the way.. ;D

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 03:09:46 am
hee. hee,, yep two wrenches in one hand and one in the other..  slippage abundent..

hmmm. but I wear a size 12 shoe.. my foot would get in the way.. ;D
LOL Sounds like you are lucky in one department but messes you up in another. Bummer, I think.    Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #32 on: August 28, 2007, 11:43:08 pm
I just bought a 2000 W650.

The Royal Enfield/W650 combo seems to be popular duo.  I have a 2001 Dubya that had 1732 miles on it when I got it.  It is my ride when I travel longer distances with other people.  If I'm alone or with someone that isn't in a hurry it's the REB (Royal Enfiled Bullet).
  Any other REB/Dubya owners out there?
Leonard, how do you like the W650. I Have never rode one, only window shopped in 2000. I have rode a lot of different bikes in 40+ years. It seems it would be about the same as a original stock 60-70's Triumph, but slightly heavier. Over the years I have also heard all different mpg reports. What are your likes and dislikes? Once I get mine I will be able to compare your answers with my experience.    Hutch   

Luoma, I know what you mean. I have to run up town and get pack of smokes and I would love to take the Bullet, but I won't get my pushrod adjuster until next week(I hope), so its take the 550 lb.120 hp bike. I would rather ride the RE. It's only been a week it's been down and I think I am going through withdrawls. That never happened with any of the other bikes I have ever owned in 40yrs.    Hutch
   Finaly, I got my pushrod adjuster installed and took SNKIZ(Green classic) for a ride. I have plenty of other bikes, including the Kawasaki W650 I just picked up in WI, but I sure did miss my RE. No more withdrawls.     Hutch

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 02:45:35 am
Hutch, what is a pushrod adjuster? I have an Electra and adjust them with a couple wrenches. Is there a better way?

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #34 on: August 29, 2007, 03:00:57 am
Hutch, what is a pushrod adjuster? I have an Electra and adjust them with a couple wrenches. Is there a better way?
The pusgrod adjuster is the part on the pushrod that you adjust with the wrenches to make the pushrod longer or shorter to adjust the valve clearance. I don't know if that is what RE calls them, but Harley does, cause they are exactly the same set up on the older Harleys.   Hutch