Author Topic: Valve adjustment?  (Read 24418 times)

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #60 on: February 17, 2011, 05:02:26 pm
I told my kids to toss me off the Golden Gate Bridge. They asked "your ashes?" Nope, just feed me to the sharks. Probably not legal.

Once I found out the EFI bikes had hydraulic lifters the thread kind of unraveled.

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Reply #61 on: February 17, 2011, 07:33:54 pm
Speakin 'o ashes...

My Mom passed away, was creamated in accordance with her wishes,  and wanted her remains to come back to the family plot...

Had to buy a concrete "ashes vault" to be buried in the cemetary... an 18" cube that cost about $300.00...

Mike and S&S in Michigan...
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #62 on: February 17, 2011, 07:43:36 pm
I want my valves to seal,  and not my coffin.

Scott

May I recommend Clover Brand valve grinding paste?  ::)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #63 on: February 17, 2011, 08:44:40 pm
dieing ain;t free..I'm not even sure if u can really jjust toss someone ashes in the ocean, favorite spot or whatever...Can u keep them around in your house like your pets?..I guess for the dead it doesn't matter...this pertains more to the living or quasi dead.
Oh Magoo you done it again

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #64 on: February 17, 2011, 09:13:38 pm
I don't think you can legally dispose of remains, cremated or otherwise, in random spots at your leisure.  If you want to bury at sea you need to get out to international waters, 12 miles from shore I think.

In practice I and lots of people I know have disposed of ashes in water or other wildlife type areas without incident.

Valve grinding paste???  For my coffin???  This is getting weirder. ;)

Scott

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #65 on: February 17, 2011, 09:36:12 pm
This is starting to sound like the story of Epaminandes .......  ::)

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #66 on: February 17, 2011, 09:50:04 pm
With cremated remains, it sorta like a "I dont ask... they dont tell" with families taking them home.

But....    I had a gentleman that was a hunter. His buddies wanted a small portion of the remains in a separate container. They had plans to divvy up some into reloaded shotgun shells. A few months later I had occasion to see one of his hunting buddies, and asked how the reloading and the hunt that year with him went.  His response almost had me in tears...   "he couldn't f--k all alive.... and he couldn't hit f--k all dead"

میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #67 on: February 17, 2011, 11:25:29 pm
Since this thread has turned a bit off topic, I might as well chime in. I still have my dad waiting in a can for his last ride. When the weather warms, I'll strap him to the pillion and take a long ride in the country. He was an ardent Norton fan, but I think he won't mind the Bullet.  ;) cochi 

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #68 on: February 17, 2011, 11:55:45 pm
offtopic for sure but get to know a little more about each other and what's each of us tackle..wow..taking dad fpr a final ride..god bless cochi and his dad...
Oh Magoo you done it again

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #69 on: February 17, 2011, 11:58:22 pm
I 've got a feeling your Pop will love the Bullet, That last ride is a great thing for you to do, make it a good long one.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #70 on: February 18, 2011, 12:08:12 am

palace15

• Bulleteer
Reply #71 on: February 18, 2011, 12:31:20 am
I told my kids to toss me off the Golden Gate Bridge. They asked "your ashes?" Nope, just feed me to the sharks. Probably not legal.

Once I found out the EFI bikes had hydraulic lifters the thread kind of unraveled.

;D OMG, If you were English you would not have used this phrase!!!!  :o
You will always find that women that have lost thier virginity, still have the box it came in!

Royal Enfield, making mechanics out of owners since 1893.

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #72 on: February 18, 2011, 12:45:00 am
Thanks guys. My dad and I never agreed on much except when it came to old British Iron. We lived in Argentina when I was young and  he owed an Atlas. He used to take me for short rides, to my mothers horror, on that wonderful beast. I was hooked from a young age. Years later later after we moved to the states, he would tell me of his adventures with the Atlas, his eyes would tear up  and he'd get this look on his face as if he was back in the old country with his Norton. It's funny how much of an impact a bike can have on one's soul. My hats off to the guy who took his dad's body for a last ride. Incredble  amount of love there. Well I guess we should get this thread back on track. cochi :)  

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #73 on: February 18, 2011, 12:49:30 am
;D OMG, If you were English you would not have used this phrase!!!!  :o

Sorry, as an American, English is my second language.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #74 on: February 18, 2011, 01:03:48 am
Sorry, as an American, English is my second language.

Whutz U talkin' 'bout DAT ......  ::)