Author Topic: 1000mls and smoother  (Read 2792 times)

donatelos

• Scooter
on: February 01, 2011, 05:20:31 pm
Didnt get my C5 till early December and due to crappy snow and lousy 12hr night shifts all week didn't manage hardly any riding  but have made up for it with my trusty airhawk under my bottom  and full tank of gas  just going no place in particular just looking over the next mountain have hit the 1000ml mark and bike is definetley bedding in smoother,gears are messhing nicer throtle is picking up quicker and cleaner the sport silencer is sounding like a good  one should  methink's this bike is here to stay till they carry me away in that funky black limo with flowers on me  ;) Don
life is not a rehersal  theres no second chance  so don't hurt anyone  and follow your dreams

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:01:06 pm
It's just LIKE an Enfield to get better and better as you go ..... The old Iron Barrel stuff had a "magic switch" in them that flipped at about 2K miles to make them REALLY nice .... I think the switch is programmed to flip a little earlier in the UCE bikes .....  ;)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:05:15 pm
Yep, around 1500 miles they become a smoother more powerful bike, it'll make you grin ;D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 08:23:15 pm
Mine's just coming up on 5k and it feels like it's really hitting its stride now.

Scott

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 08:58:54 pm
I hit 1,000 miles on Sunday and things ARE smoother.  The "Wow, this is NICE!" switch turned on.  Haven't thought about the new CBR-250R much lately, either...
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 09:23:29 pm
Mine's just coming up on 5k and it feels like it's really hitting its stride now.

Scott
Yes, I think 5000 miles is another point at which they feel smoother, I'm at 8600 and every mile was better than the last :D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 10:08:00 pm
  methink's this bike is here to stay till they carry me away in that funky black limo with flowers on me  ;) Don

Don, FYI....

I'm a funeral director and there are motorcycle based hearses out there for that last ride.  ;)   Just have your family give me a call when you stop interacting with your environment, then I'll hook you up for that last ride. 

RE riders are often difficult to embalm due to that ear to ear grin they have.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

donatelos

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 10:30:38 pm
Desi thats the nicest offer I've had this year  but please dont be hurt when I ask you if I can put that particular ride ,nice as I'm sure it would be, off for at least another hundred years or so as I havent had a real long Enfield tour yet and am looking forward to it , that said I'm sure my ex would be all for it sooner than later :-\ Don
life is not a rehersal  theres no second chance  so don't hurt anyone  and follow your dreams