Author Topic: Cafe Racer Mag Starting C5 Project  (Read 2963 times)

tpelle

• Scooter
on: January 30, 2011, 09:58:29 pm
This might be old news, but Cafe Racer magazine is starting a c5 Cafe Racer project!  I picked up the latest issue today (#12) and they have TWO pieces on the Enfield - first a quick road test of the C5 that is to be the base for their Cafe Racer project bike, and a last page editorial about the legacy Bullet.

I've been resisting, but this project is the one that will make me finally fork over the $36.00 for a one-year (6-issue) subscription.
Remember, when riding a horse, you are not actually in charge, but are just another voting member.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 02:26:48 am
the new season of the TV show will also have several episodes featuring the Bullet
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 02:43:29 am
Oooooooo!  Anywhere to see that online?

Scott

tpelle

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 04:12:10 pm
Looks like you can't view the articles on-line, no.  Guess I can't blame 'em - otherwise how would they ever sell a subscription at $36 for 6 issues!

The issue that I bought on the news stand was issue #12 - December/January.  Their web site shows the cover of issue #13 - February/March, so I guess that's on sale now.

http://www.caferacermag.com/
Remember, when riding a horse, you are not actually in charge, but are just another voting member.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 04:22:11 pm
I meant the TV show, but thanks.  And thanks for the site.  I think I might spring for the subscription and the #12 back issue to see the start of the project.

Scott

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 10:05:53 pm
I meant the TV show, but thanks.  And thanks for the site.  I think I might spring for the subscription and the #12 back issue to see the start of the project.

Scott
  AHHH ........Hem !.... Issue # 10 ain't too bad either... cough.....cough........page 44  ::)
 It will be cool to see what they do with the C-5, I'm looking forward to it. It's a good platform for a cafe, light and nimble. It's gonna be interesting to see what speed/motor mods are coming down the pike, that could be incorporated into it.
Of course just loosing some of the weight on the bike is gonna help.
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.