Author Topic: RE product developments  (Read 6119 times)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 03:00:14 pm
Hi Singh,
But it can be done, if enough effort is put into the job.
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

Thanks for your straight to the point, clear and concise answer. 
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 03:17:23 pm
Thanks for your straight to the point, clear and concise answer. 

Singh,
Nobody really rides these things at 100mph anyway.
Realistically a top speed of 85-90mph is fine, and most people would cruise around 70mph anyway, so "the Ton" is really just a "benchmark" so you can say that you have accomplished it.

It was of interest to me, because I was the engine designer, and so I wanted to hit my goals. I think the only Fireball rider who has even tried to come near "the Ton" has been Chumma, and he did it alot. Especially during the testing when we were trying to make it get over "the Ton". He did 99mph alot of times along the way too, when we were trying to get it over the magic mark.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 03:18:29 pm
To Singh,  some of your performance questions may be answered in ACE's contributions to the thread 'Announcement of 48 hp Bullet"   Thanks, Nigel.

@Nigel - Thanks.  There are so many threads going on simultaneously that I can't keep it straight  :D.  Great discussions everywhere.

Gearing? I'm writing this from memory without referring back to facts but I think that the G5 gearing could be raised to about 90mph tops going one tooth up on the front sprocket.

I have almost certainly decided though that I will fit a Power Commander and K&N, (already have the open pipe) and raise the gearing once the bike is out of warranty. A real 90mph will probably show a ton on the clock and that's enough for me!

@Clubman - Good idea to change the front sprocket to one tooth up and it will be close to 90 mph !   Is there a power commander available in UK for RE EFI models ?  When you do get it, let us know how does it perform on your bike as you reach the limit of your speedo or otherwise.
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 03:56:46 pm
Ace, yes!  The ton is just a limit that most people would probably hit once if at all BUT the added torque and power for better acceleration and the ability to easily cruise at 70-75mph is what most people are really after.  Still, with bikes that look right for the era it just sounds wimpy if you can't hit the ton ;)

Scott

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 09:20:27 pm
The one trick with the PC is having the map that matches your engine/intake/exhaust combo.  As soon as a few are sold they'll be out there for the asking as they are with most other bikes.

Scott