Author Topic: Boston Motorcycle Expo  (Read 1137 times)

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
on: January 30, 2011, 05:21:26 pm
 I went to the Motorcycle show in Boston yesterday and was glad to see two Enfields on display by Riverside Motor Sports in Sommerville, Mass. The Bikes were getting alot of attention and were complimented by a beautiful brochure. It was the first time I think that they have been in a show in this area.
  The new Indians were on display also for a price that would get you five REs
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 01:47:28 am
 They opened an Indian dealer a couple Miles from me last year. The prices are crazy.
They look well made , but come on! And no Scout?
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 02:28:42 pm
I was out of town and missed this.  I went a few weekends to the one in Salem NH, which sucked.  Nothing but black leather booths full of "the bitch fell off" stickers and patches.  The Boston show was great last year and I'm pissed I missed it.

I went into Riverside this summer and checked out the new bikes.  I'm blanking on the owner's name but he is a real cool guy and we talked about the new Enfields.  He used to carry the older models but got tired of people bringing them back who didn't heed his warnings about the bikes needing a wrench turning every now and again.  Now he can confidently sell the new Enfields to new riders, which make great city commuting bikes.

I got a real good vibe from Riverside and was glad to find the shop, especially after some "both sides of the counter" discussions.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 12:42:24 am
Not sure about my Greater Boston geography, it's been a few years, but wasn't the great Sam Avelino's Enfield shop in Sommerville?
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 09:20:43 pm
You know, I had just heard of that shop from a former Interceptor owner who saw my Bullet.  I thought he had mentioned it was in Revere, and that it was still there with a few in the shop.  Somerville might be right though. 

There is museum here called the Lars Anderson Auto Museum.  Sprawling lawn that host all kinds of wheeled-shows all summer long.  I heard that shop brought their old Enfields for Euro/Brit bike day.

I'll have to find out, BRW, whenever this frozen hell thaws.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

robbw

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 11:58:41 pm
RE is starting to make more of a presence here in the U.S.   :D :D
It's good to see.

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 02:14:47 am
Revere is right. I think he was the importer for the east coast. Well known in Enfield community in the SIXTIES. I guess time has slipped by me. ::)
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 12:27:31 pm
You are right, check this out.

http://www.massbia.com/bikes/kevinlemire.htm
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 08:16:00 pm
OK.  As I am exactly 1 town over from where this shop should be, I will take a ride over and give a full report.  Don't expect word until after April 1st, as my world is waste deep in white.  I think showing up on my RE rather than a Toyota will get me a better conversation.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM