Author Topic: Another new owner  (Read 2670 times)

sjbiat

• Bulleteer
on: February 09, 2011, 04:51:49 am
Hi y’all.  I just bought a C5 and I am looking forward to becoming an active member of your forum.  My decision to buy the bike was certainly influenced by reading this forum.  But also by my trip to India in December and seeing how they rule the road there.  In that respect, I wonder if fondness for India and Indian culture is often a factor for choosing an Enfield motorcycle.   After all, fantasy is an important element of bike riding.

BTW, I live in Austin, and if any of you readers are nearby, perhaps you want to get together sometime.

Apologies for the logo picture.  I don’t have a photo of my Enfield yet.  That photo is from a great vacation in France on a rented bike.

Stephan
Brand new C5
Ural 94/02 Tourist
Motoguzzi Calif. 1997 (for sale)
stephan
09 C5 with Cozy sidecar now
formerly
97 Motoguzzi
94/02 Ural
85 BMW R80
64 BMW R60/Hollandia/Steib
61 BMW R69/Watsonian
60 Pugeot

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 05:04:45 am
Welcome Stephan!  You've come to the right place.  We all can help you spend your money for accessories!   :D

Like you, I sold a Moto Guzzi before getting my C5.  No regrets.  But your Cali is a fine motorcycle. 

A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 06:13:31 am
I took the check from my totaled Ducati to buy my C5.  Welcome!

Scott

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 07:29:07 am
Welcome aboard sjbiat and congrats on your C5  8)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 09:16:20 am
Seconded.  Life is better from now on... :D ;)
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 01:32:09 pm
Excellent choice in motorcycles my friend! Welcome.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Marrtyn

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 02:39:00 pm
Any friend of this forum is a friend of mine. Welcome.

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 02:45:00 pm
The country of India never entered my mnd, except later when i worried about quality control.  I'm sure in some areas, it's a wonderful place.   I guess I still think of the Musletball as being English.
Run what ya brung

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 04:26:19 pm
The country of India never entered my mnd, except later when i worried about quality control.  I'm sure in some areas, it's a wonderful place.   I guess I still think of the Musletball as being English.

Ditto. I just wanted a new old English thumper. However, a friend of mine with no previous affection for Enfields spent two months travelling round India last year and came back wanting an RE. He said exactly the same as the OP here - that they are the clear two wheeled king of the road in India. Ownership is a status symbol.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 06:30:05 pm
Hi y’all.  I just bought a C5 and I am looking forward to becoming an active member of your forum.  My decision to buy the bike was certainly influenced by reading this forum.  But also by my trip to India in December and seeing how they rule the road there.  In that respect, I wonder if fondness for India and Indian culture is often a factor for choosing an Enfield motorcycle.   After all, fantasy is an important element of bike riding.

Stephan:

Welcome to the Forum.  What color is your C5 ?  When you get some pictures don't forget to post them here ! 

As you saw first hand that Enfield is dear to Indians and also to the Brits - Both happy to consider its 'their's'  ;D !  It is great to see that RE is developing a following here in US.  Enjoy the ride and a little bit of wrenching !
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5