Author Topic: Thanks for the new forum.  (Read 4382 times)

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
on: January 27, 2008, 07:06:02 pm
  Just wanted to thank our hosts for the great new forum. Its way better than the older message system. Three reasons I bought my new Bullet:
    1.The support available on this forum, not only from our hosts, but from each other. Everyone here seems really helpful. No big ego problems,lots of patience to new members/owners, etc.
    2.I have one of the best dealers about 45 minutes away; Vince's. And he contributes here also and reads the messages and answers questions.
    3.The bikes!! I had been hesitant to buy a new Enfield Bullet due to the research I had done for some years now.For one thing, they are pretty rare here.Earlier bikes had some reliability problems etc. But I always thought the Bullets were a great concept, and a fantastic looking machine.There were many bikes like these when I started riding some 47 years ago.I still think The Bullets are maybe the best looking motorcycles out there to this day-but then I'm an old geezer (54).I took the plunge and bought one and I'm glad I did.

Jon in Puyallup, Wa. USA
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 09:29:56 pm
I couldn't agree more!

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 10:38:46 pm
Ditto, This forum is about as close as I'm likely to get to meeting fellow RE owners. We're pretty sparse in these parts.

fredgold52

• Grease Monkey
  • Macomb, IL Flatlands Rule
Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 05:41:11 pm
I just joined the forum recently.  I had no idea it was very new, I thought it had been around for a while.  Now I see the forum rules and such were posted like last June or so. 

I think this forum has and will provide a great source of information for Bullet riders, and may well help non-Bullet riders to make the move.  The forum is very good for everone involved including our host Classic Motorworks.  I know I have learned a great deal in a very short time about my new 65 by reading here.

Thanks to our hosts and to all who post here.

Fred
2006 '65' and a 200cc Stella, Indian all the way

deejay

Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 05:47:29 pm
I just joined the forum recently.  I had no idea it was very new, I thought it had been around for a while.  Now I see the forum rules and such were posted like last June or so. 

Fred

Fred, this is what the old forum looked like...

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/archive/messages/

LJRead

Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 05:48:54 pm
Many of you know how much I enjoy myself here on the forum, so many posts and my bike only came in yesterday.  I am really out of touch with the world down here in the South Pacific, and the forum is helping a lot.  I also appreciate all the advice including that of Vince, Dew, Thumper and others.  I think we are all very glad to see any success which goes CMWs way because without our host, there would be virtually no R E America.

Again, thanks,

Larry

fredgold52

• Grease Monkey
  • Macomb, IL Flatlands Rule
Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 06:00:46 pm
I think we are all very glad to see any success which goes CMWs way because without our host, there would be virtually no R E America.

Again, thanks,

Larry

Amen to that!
2006 '65' and a 200cc Stella, Indian all the way

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 08:48:09 pm
I used to read the old message board too, but most of the time there were no replys, and no way for a viewer to reply to the comment.
This one is way better!
   jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 11:03:06 pm
I think we are all very glad to see any success which goes CMWs way because without our host, there would be virtually no R E America.

And if any of you were into the Enfield scene in the pre. CMW days you know the truth in what Larry is saying. 
The previous importer would disappear for a year or so at a time, which was fine unless  you needed some parts! Heck, it took me 3 yrs to get my 95 military and I really wanted a black deluxe.
Thanks for the forum and the Black Deluxe Kevin.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

LJRead

Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 07:18:39 am
Today was the first day of working on the Thunderbird which I uncrated yesterday, and it has given me new insight into how valuable this forum really is.  The bike is somewhat of a mess, to be truthful.  No dipstick, no keys, paint pretty chipped up, speedometer a piece of junk -  all torn apart inside.  Well, you get the picture.  I started in on it about 7:30 this morning and had a great time.  A couple of times I remembered some advice here on the forum, washed up my hands and came in and found the topic.  The dipstick is missing too, so I found out about how much oil I should use, I'll put that in and make my own dipstick until I can obtain one.  I remembered some of Thumper's ideas and got rid of a lot of sheet metal and all gauges, indicator lights, etc.  I'll bet I have a pile weighing about 10 to 15 lbs that I won't be putting back.

What I'm saying is that what I've learned on this forum gave me real confidence, the work went smoothly and I think I may yet make something of the old dog. 

I'm very glad I bought the new one, though.  Then I can keep it up and maybe even improve it and it will be great having something of real value like that.  Having the two bikes, one sort of a fixer upper that I can experiment with, the other more of a classic that I can just maintain, best of both worlds, I guess.

Yep, this forum is very useful.

Larry

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 07:50:28 am
Great site IMHO  ;D

Larry.
That must be sort of fun 'starting from scratch' out of the crate but no so good with all the damaged parts etc  :'(
Good luck with it all.

LSM
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin