Author Topic: new models coming  (Read 5670 times)

douglasmoto

• Scooter
  • Top 100 dealer winner
on: January 19, 2011, 01:55:22 am
The cat is out of the bag I guess on the new C5 Classic Chrome and the Bullet 500. The obvious is the chrome treatment on the C5...and it's beautiful! The not so obvious are the details of the Bullet 500. I see a different seat and fenders. Anything else or do we have to wait for the official announcement and details?
So what do you think?

Art
Doug Douglas Motorcycles
San Bernardino, Ca
Royal Enfield and Triumph
www.douglasmotorcycles.com

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 12:29:44 pm
Which cat and which bag is what I want to know ........  ???
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 12:42:09 pm
The chrome C5 has a kick-starter, too.   :)
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 03:21:56 pm
well the pic shows a kickstart...by the way they are beautiful...
Oh Magoo you done it again

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 04:57:59 pm
It will be nice to have a "Classic" UCE.

But  my AVL is  still running strong... :'(.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 01:50:26 am
Ha.  Just don't let that sweet Cafe concept they promised slip by ya.  I've checked out a lot of bikes since then, but that has still got to be my favorite.  I don't think we're getting it in 2012 like they originally said.

Hey, I like this black 500.  Might be my favorite UCE so far!  That badge and rear fender make it look real slick old school.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 01:56:48 am
Ha.  Just don't let that sweet Cafe concept they promised slip by ya.  I've checked out a lot of bikes since then, but that has still got to be my favorite.  I don't think we're getting it in 2012 like they originally said.

Hey, I like this black 500.  Might be my favorite UCE so far!  That badge and rear fender make it look real slick old school.

As far as I've heard, the Cafe' bike is a go - but because the frame and everything will be new (double loop frame!) it requires some development and testing before it's released. The black bike IS the tried, true and traditional Bullet - just with the UCE engine! It's the bike that I'd build for myself if I had the total run of the REM parts bins! To ME, it's everything Royal Enfield was and IS! The very classic Iron Barrel chassis - complete with frumpy-square rear fender (LOVE those!), the traditional tank badging and in any colour black that you want - but with a disc brake and the the most modern powerplant that RE has ever built - with fuel injection. A fellow couldn't ask for more. These are built for the IDM in 350ccm's with a carburettor and from what I hear are ENORMOUSLY popular ..... So there you go!  ;) ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 02:20:55 pm
Still broke.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 03:30:35 pm
but with a disc brake and the the most modern powerplant that RE has ever built - with fuel injection. A fellow couldn't ask for more.

Whoo Hooo !!!!  A 1970's bike with 1990's EFI !!!!  It doesn't get any better than that !!!! ;D 8)

modified fore pour speeling and punk-chew-ation ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:37:37 pm by Ice »
No matter where you go, there, you are.

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 05:12:46 pm
That old-school "frumpy" (thanks Scooterbob) fender on what we used to call the G5 still doesn't work with me.  The C5 fender works better, IMHO of course.

Does the chromey C5 now have a 19" front wheel?
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 07:30:31 pm
Saw both of those bikes at the bike show in NY on saturday. The maroon and chrome has a nicely antiqued finish. The tank badges on the black looked and felt like tin foil. Chee-Z. The added kickstarter was a pleasant surprise.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:53:59 am by Chuck D »
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 08:23:11 pm
How about a clarification on the multi fuel engine being developed?
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

CCTXCN

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 06:11:46 pm
I might go for a new twin when they come out but, my AVL is fine right now! :-X

nigelogston@gmail.com

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 12:01:33 pm
I thnk they would do well to bring back the kickstart across the whole range both from the point of view of practiclity and product niche:  A point of retro distinction to add to the appeal.  Nigel..   

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 07:57:50 am
 When kick started, a bikes battery gives a much longer service life,,,,less wear and tear on the poor things  ;)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 01:49:35 pm
A kicker is just more parts, extra weight and a potential oil leak to me, you guys can have them.  :D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 05:44:11 am
"I saw this guy kick over a really sweet lookin' old bike..."

or...

"I saw this guy press this tiny little red button with his thumb on a really sweet lookin' old bike..."

See what I'm sayin'?   ;)
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 12:50:09 pm
I've kick started a lot of motorcycles in the last 41 years, it holds no fascination for me. :D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 02:44:07 pm
I think the thumb starter is fine for the newer bikes, because they are intended to be "retro", and aren't trying to completely simulate an old bike. They are meant to be a blend of old styling and modern convenience.

On the old bikes, the kicker rules!

Home of the Fireball 535 !

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 05:37:51 pm
I agree, on a vintage bike, a kicker is the only way to go.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:52:59 pm by r80rt »
Iron Butt Association

doomed1

• The Pirate King
  • Bulleteer
Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 07:31:54 pm
I think the thumb starter is fine for the newer bikes, because they are intended to be "retro", and aren't trying to completely simulate an old bike. They are meant to be a blend of old styling and modern convenience.

On the old bikes, the kicker rules!
Yeah, but there's an aesthetic to kicking an engine to life that you just don't get from a button. Not a huge fan of the frumpy rear fender, but at $800 less, I might bite. Kinda want to wait to see the Cafe racer next year since I'm back home in NYC, but I DO want to be able to do some light touring. Turning the Cafe Racer as a light tourer would be pretty nifty though...

So I take it all of the old Iron Barrel frame modifications would work on the new budget UCE?

poorboy3000

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 05:22:26 am
So when will these 2011 models be available to buy?

ToesNose

• Grease Monkey
  • That goes where? Mooresville, NC
Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 07:59:16 am
I read somewhere online while surfing that they are supposed to hit the U.S. some time in April, how ironic about the same time I come back state-side from India!  See it's meant to be that I get a C5 Classic Chrome LOL  ;D
"Pardon me...do you have hot sauce for this?"

2007 Suzuki LS650
2014 RE C5 Tan 'Manjika'

Land Surveyor

• Bulleteer
Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 04:39:16 pm
Hello all!  Been away a long time.  The economic situation has been rotten and only slowly getting better so my interest in things 2-wheeled has been a bit dampened lately.  :P

But I just got the new Community Newsletter and it really brightened things up.   :D All kindsa good stuff in there!  I'm like a blind dog in a meathouse.  I see everybody here already knows about it.

I do like the addition of the kicker to the C5 Classic but I still lean toward the G-models with their bigger seat.  Would probably only use the kicker when there's no other choice or maybe just for fun on an already warmed-up bike.  It wasn't a novelty when I started.

I'm interested in the teasers on both the twin and the diesel.  The diesel sounds especially interesting with gas going up again.

I seem to recall that the military has a custom diesel engine on what is otherwise a stock KLR 650 that is reputed to get 100 mpg and performs well.  Any rumors, at least, about performance on the RE diesel?  I understand they already have some on the Indian domestic market.