Author Topic: bullet song, lots of bullets in it...  (Read 3704 times)

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 08:43:38 pm
Hahaha! I KNEW my boy was in trouble when the cute girl gave him the "bobble" ..... too funny! What an outstanding video .... I feel his pain!! Hahaha! Especially when the cutie turns off the gas and makes him kick while she's walking away .... AGAIN ..... ! Priceless .......  ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 04:47:16 am
Especially when the cutie turns off the gas and makes him kick while she's walking away .... AGAIN ..... ! Priceless .......  ;D

It seems to me that the girl pulls the spark plug wire off.  No matter how many times the boy kicks, hey no spark in the bike.  That is the trick to get the boy to herself !
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 11:56:03 am
It seems to me that the girl pulls the spark plug wire off.  No matter how many times the boy kicks, hey no spark in the bike.  That is the trick to get the boy to herself !

Well - THAT little cutie could pull MY spark plug wire off if that's what it took! Hahaha!  ::)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 02:43:01 pm
If she was around I'd shut off my own gas and pull the plug wire ;)
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 03:36:12 pm
If she was around I'd shut off my own gas and pull the plug wire ;)

GOOD point ..... I must be dumb today! Hahahaha!  ;)

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 02:07:00 am
Wow, there's 2min 58secs I'll never get back. To me, Indian music sounds like it needs oil.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 04:01:01 am
Wow, there's 2min 58secs I'll never get back. To me, Indian music sounds like it needs oil.

The song in the video is a poorly composed / sung folk-pop song in Punjabi language.  The lyrics are cobbled together to rhyme to tell a 'story' of a boy who buys a Bullet motorcycle to impress the girl. This is neither a classic nor a literary nor a very musical song.  May be that is what you are sensing - not really impressed by it.  Neither am I by this song.

However, Indian music is VERY VERY vast, extremely deep and multi-faceted with lots of genres.  It encompases numersous languages, cultures, hundreds of years of musical compositions, collections, improvisations and systematic study that can take whole lives to understand, appreciate, and perform.  

One song does not represent all of Indian music - it is like someone after eating a  Mcdonald meal says American food is awful.  

In my view, anyone who plays or understands music in any culture will find a genre of Indian music that he or she can like and enjoy.  From George Harrison (Beatles), Yehudi Menuhin (violin), John Mclaughlin (guitar), Phillip Glass (US composer), Peter Gabriel, Birmingham Symphony Orchestra and numerous musical artists have played and studied with Indian musicians.  The list is very long and keeps growing even amongst today's young generation.

Indian music is an ocean of treasure - you just have to dive in to bring out the pearls !  Did you say something about - where to dive  ;)?

A glimpse of different kind of Indian music - no oil needed ! Listen to it for 5 minutes and you will ge back 10 minutes of life  :D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHGmvmbslcg&feature=related
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 05:22:36 am by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 08:08:51 pm
i have to dissagree with you singh. the harmonium cannot express classical indian music. it is a total desecration of classical indian music. the ideal of the human voice can just barely be approached  by an instrument like a bin ,sitar sarod, etc.the harmonium . cannot meend or ghaseet.. it is basicly a western instrument  that has no place in classical indian music.
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 09:20:22 pm
O.K. I agree, let me rephrase . "That song sounded like it needed oil."
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

Bullet.wagon

• Grease Monkey
Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 09:58:55 pm
I like it . Going to sing it on my next ride ,well maybe hum it.
2005 RE Military
2000 RE 350

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 12:46:14 am
O.K. I agree, let me rephrase . "That song sounded like it needed oil."

@Cyrusb:  I am with you  ;).

i have to dissagree with you singh. the harmonium cannot express classical indian music. it is a total desecration of classical indian music. the ideal of the human voice can just barely be approached  by an instrument like a bin ,sitar sarod, etc.the harmonium . cannot meend or ghaseet.. it is basicly a western instrument  that has no place in classical indian music.

@Bob:

You are right on everything that you have written about Indian classical music.

How do you know so much about Indian music ?  Where did you study it ? Now, I am curious to know !
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:05:02 am by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 04:32:57 pm
i was smitten by indian music about 1960. i lived in chicago and went to every concert .saw ravi , ali akbar.  debu choudry, lalmani misra and more . it all started when i and  two friends went to a indian students meeting at the u of c to see a sarod player. after the meeting we all sat around on the stage. (about 10 of us ) and he and the tabla player played late into the night. i was hooked. later i joined the board of the indian music circle  and we put on concerts each month. out of the thousands of indians living in chicago there were about 40 famlies that were interested in indian music. some were musicians . usually students working on a degree. teachers and visiting relatives .eventually i studied with a violin player for about a year .and when he went back to bombay a sitar player that had previously stated that he did'nt teach.(about a year ago) finally offered too teach me. (and his son at the same time.) it's been a long time since i've played the sitar ,but a bout 15 years ago my daughter brought me a rebob from. pakistan along with a cassette of folk tunes .so i played that for a while. i learned some middle east tunes also (arabic and turk) and accompanied a belly dance troupe for a few years. i feel that i have only scratched the surface of this vast world
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 05:35:25 pm
i was smitten by indian music about 1960. i lived in chicago and went to every concert .saw ravi , ali akbar.  debu choudry, lalmani misra and more . it all started when i and  two friends went to a indian students meeting at the u of c to see a sarod player. after the meeting we all sat around on the stage. (about 10 of us ) and he and the tabla player played late into the night. i was hooked. later i joined the board of the indian music circle  and we put on concerts each month. out of the thousands of indians living in chicago there were about 40 famlies that were interested in indian music. some were musicians . usually students working on a degree. teachers and visiting relatives .eventually i studied with a violin player for about a year .and when he went back to bombay a sitar player that had previously stated that he did'nt teach.(about a year ago) finally offered too teach me. (and his son at the same time.) it's been a long time since i've played the sitar ,but a bout 15 years ago my daughter brought me a rebob from. pakistan along with a cassette of folk tunes .so i played that for a while. i learned some middle east tunes also (arabic and turk) and accompanied a belly dance troupe for a few years. i feel that i have only scratched the surface of this vast world

Bravo !

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 05:41:05 pm
i was smitten by indian music about 1960. i lived in chicago and went to every concert .saw ravi , ali akbar.  debu choudry, lalmani misra and more . it all started when i and  two friends went to a indian students meeting at the u of c to see a sarod player. after the meeting we all sat around on the stage. (about 10 of us ) and he and the tabla player played late into the night. i was hooked. later i joined the board of the indian music circle  and we put on concerts each month. out of the thousands of indians living in chicago there were about 40 famlies that were interested in indian music. some were musicians . usually students working on a degree. teachers and visiting relatives .eventually i studied with a violin player for about a year .and when he went back to bombay a sitar player that had previously stated that he did'nt teach.(about a year ago) finally offered too teach me. (and his son at the same time.) it's been a long time since i've played the sitar ,but a bout 15 years ago my daughter brought me a rebob from. pakistan along with a cassette of folk tunes .so i played that for a while. i learned some middle east tunes also (arabic and turk) and accompanied a belly dance troupe for a few years. i feel that i have only scratched the surface of this vast world

Well Bob, Reading your musical journey touched my heart and I am speechless.  Those were magical years and times when the revolution took place in small groups, intimate settings in universities like yours.  Listening to the compositions and performances of those years still gives goosebumps.  

I want to share with you something very precious - thanks to youtube.  It is a short black and white video, with clips from a 1936 performance, by one of the greatest Tabla masters, Ustad Ahmed Jan Thirkawa.  These old masters had achieved a level of excellence, purity of 'bols' and 'laiye'' that is unmatched till today.

What a coincidence that the microphone of the recording says "Chicago Radio"  :) even though they were shot in India !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHCI9ml91as&feature=related

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 09:01:20 pm by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk