Author Topic: Roboplow for Winter Season  (Read 1415 times)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
on: January 15, 2011, 05:02:29 pm
I am sure GHG and ScooterBob wouldn't mind owning one of these  :D
Who wouldn't like this one !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPg1ZMiC9pA
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 07:26:23 pm
 Oh yea, very cool singh!  Hey, maybe we could build one !  Make it  look cooler then that ugly Coffin shape. How are you with servos SB? :D
 Actually I'm thinking of a spherical shaped "snow flake death ray"  to project over the house.  ::)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 11:09:48 pm
Neat. Thanks for sharing {:{)}
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:21:41 pm
GHG - A fellow would have one with a 750 Honda engine on it - and a snow thrower head for around here, anyway. Tractive weight and the ability to fling the white, fluffy sh!t into your neighbors yard is KEY when you are dealing with it in three-foot or greater depths ...... I smell a project coming on. Sitting in front of your monitor, sipping warm coco IS the way to clear your driveway!! Hahaha! BTW - If you use horsepower to run it - you can also use HYDRAULICS! Hail YEAH!! Heheehee!  ;D ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Chasfield

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 05:35:43 pm
In my country, somebody suggested that we could be clearing our own pavements, since the local authorities don't bother much with the well-being of pedestrians. This would save broken limbs, etc. However, being England, about ten minutes passed before somebody else pointed out that doing that would give you ownership of the pavement's condition, thus you might get your brains sued out if somebody then fell over, despite your best efforts.

Basically, we are done for and must starve amidst plenty.

Nice little vehicle that is, all the same.
2001 500 Bullet Deluxe

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 05:36:13 pm
Snow Roomba.

RBHoge

• Old Bill
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 08:31:25 pm
I am sure GHG and ScooterBob wouldn't mind owning one of these  :D
Who wouldn't like this one !

I am sure that Cramp would want one also. It is ,after all,  electric powered.  And that is the only way of the future. ::)
1972 Honda CB 450 Rufus, Murdered
1978 Triumph T-140 E, Sadly gone
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe Iron head, " Old Bill"
1971 Honda CB-100,"Kikuchiyo"-traded
O Day 20 Sailboat "Tempus Fugative"
1992 Mazda Miata "Lady Murisaki"250,00miles!
Too many Toys, what else is retirement for?

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 10:47:58 pm
GHG - A fellow would have one with a 750 Honda engine on it - and a snow thrower head for around here.
We would need carburetor heaters,and 4 battery's! Horrendous cold weather starters, or warm weather for that matter ;) I think a Ukrainian or Chinese boxer would be more in order for sub freezing temps, one kick' then run back in the garage :D

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 10:58:34 pm
In my country, somebody suggested that we could be clearing our own pavements, since the local authorities don't bother much with the well-being of pedestrians. This would save broken limbs, etc. However, being England, about ten minutes passed before somebody else pointed out that doing that would give you ownership of the pavement's condition, thus you might get your brains sued out if somebody then fell over, despite your best efforts.

Basically, we are done for and must starve amidst plenty.

Nice little vehicle that is, all the same.
Wow!  You don't have to shovel your own walks !. I.m packing my bags :o That is exactly how it is over here. We don't own the property, 10'- 12' easement from the curb in, but were responsible to maintain it. If someone trips on a cracked sidewalk, they sue you!  >:(

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 11:22:57 pm
We would need carburetor heaters,and 4 battery's! Horrendous cold weather starters, or warm weather for that matter ;) I think a Ukrainian or Chinese boxer would be more in order for sub freezing temps, one kick' then run back in the garage :D

OK - It's settled then - We use a CJ750 motor to run a generator - which runs the electric motors for the hydro-pumps and all the propulsion - and we use an ELECTRIC START CJ motor so we don't have to go outside .... Heeheehee! All that pig-iron should give it tractive weight - and you are right - a CJ motor will run like a top in foul weather ..... pesky Honda stuff anyway!! Hahahaha!  ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!