Author Topic: Traffic Light Cameras  (Read 3086 times)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

500KsGerry

• Grand Gearhead
  • Remember when decency wasn't a option?
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 01:16:09 am
Disgusting. Never mind privacy rights.
Modified 2001 Royal Enfield bullet 500

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 01:36:36 am
These cameras are a norm in Calfornia. Ubiquitous, well atleast in some parts. I received a ticket once for jumping a red light.

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 02:16:55 am
money :-[..  houston r austin  voted them out You have a voice

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 02:35:09 am
  Those little spies in the sky have been in use in Germany since the mid 80's.  But you did get a nice infrared photo of you doing the "deed" that tripped the camera.  Don't ask me how I know... ::) ::)
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 02:36:44 am
money :-[..  houston r austin  voted them out You have a voice
Yup. That's what happens when Business and Government gets together to fleece the public and other businesses. And if you noticed, it's on Rt US 1. Alot of out of out of state trucking running through the area, traffic jams, trucks, cars stuck in intersections, etc. And that camera flashing away all the time.

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 02:44:16 am
I read about a spray, that when applied to the license plate would have too much of a glare to be photo'd.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 03:11:26 am
so much of this more out there...  do a google

http://www.phantomplate.com/

motomataya

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 03:22:45 am
Minneapolis  had them for a few months. The courts had them removed and I believe they had to give the money back. How can you give a ticket to a car not a driver?

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 04:01:49 am
 Ummmmm....... A technician that works for the company , which operates the camera, determines if there was a violation. ???

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/08/10/former-l-i-judge-challenges-red-light-cameras/

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 04:28:35 am
good forward..  basis being..  don't let the city gov guys take over..  so they can justify their hugh paycheck.. to pay for their place in the clUb

robbw

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 05:46:32 am
Another way for big brother to make money and watch what your doing.  The electric eye.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 09:09:18 am
I'm ashamed to say that the UK has more CCTV cameras than anywhere else in the world. If you're in a city, you're being watched by a bored fat bloke who'll do anything to get himself into a uniform. Some say it reduces crime, in which case why are the TV listings bulging with nasty cheap programs all about real crimes caught on CCTV cameras....?  :(
I can't prove it, but I just know it's all down to some little shit sitting in an office at Euro HQ in Brussels trying to figure out a way to tax me everytime I scratch my arse out of doors.  >:(
On a brighter note, the country is now so broke that many roadside speed cameras have been switched off - they can't afford to run em   :D  ;)
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 01:05:31 pm
Orrrrrrr.........You could stop at the lights, and not get "Robbed by the Gub'nant" eh?
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 03:21:05 pm
Orrrrrrr.........You could stop at the lights, and not get "Robbed by the Gub'nant" eh?
Naaa, to easy and no fun to discuss. ;) What about selective enforcement of the Law?Simply because the enforcement of this law is profitable. There is any number of reasons why a vehicle would get "caught" in an intersection, Weather, traffic, pedestrian crossing on the red, and you stop and wait for them, etc. The is no one monitoring the intersection in "Real time",  Like a police officer with good common sense. The owner of the vehicle and driver are assumed guilty, until they prove themselves not guilty. It becomes easy for a Business/ Gov. to just issue tickets to all, banking on the fact that most people won't contest it. And individual is likely not going to loose a days pay to fight it.A trucking company is either just going to pay it, especially if out of State, and pass the cost onto it's customer's, or simply hand it over to there driver, and say "it's your problem". " but ...but...I...I..I.."