Author Topic: to make Yorkshire Pudding  (Read 4960 times)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 07:41:58 pm
Just give me all your Na'an bread and nobody gets hurt  ;D
No matter where you go, there, you are.

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 07:42:51 pm
This was all started by Royal Enfield.The "pudding" sounds ok to me.Mite actually try it since I have wondered about it for years.I,personally have a high regard for the British,French,German and Italian peoples.Pretty close call,but that is the order of preference.I loved my German inlaws.I have been well insulted by some Brits,bothered me at the time,but it is ok.I am sure that I seemed quite stupid to them as I could not understand much of what they said to me.They were British Commandos and were training at a U.S. Army skiing training center in Colorado.They appeared to understand everything I said. I was in awe of them but tried not to show it.Too much.I believe they sensed this as they were very decent to me.

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 08:45:36 pm
Dunno why Clamp keeps hammering us Yanks

Probably because they´re getting hopping mad so nicely  ;D
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 09:00:12 pm
Maturin, If you live close to the Hoffbrau Haus .... I'm coming to live with you!  ;)

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 10:41:47 pm
After receiving good advise, I think it best I leave Yorkshire Pudding to the experts.

My friends wife enjoys some "British style " cooking. She uses Leaks instead of onions.I will ask her to make some for me.

She owes me a favor, while I was traveling in Canada ,I purchased her some "Birds Powered Custard" ...can't find that in Alaska...or not cheaply.

Speaking of bland food, thought Canada could kick it up a notch, ...the people are very kind so I didn't say anything.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 11:03:55 pm
Errr hambuger would be made of ham,---- no?

Thats pig meat, errr pork to us non religious types.

Moo in Thia or Barbi In Malay.

What food did America invent?

4000 years ago popcorn???   some link on that please.

America invented -errrm Oh I know snuff movies.
And the answer is ..... Iced Tea ... fresh from the cold water off Boston Harbour!  ;) I know, I know, it's not considered a food, but in the hot summers of the deep South believe me, it is a Food!   ::)

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 01:26:50 am
[quote author=Chasfield
Our lass's Yorkshire pudding recipe:

2 eggs
3 good tablespoons of plain flour
pinch of salt
2-3 fluid ounces of milk (approx)

As you can see the ingerdients are the same as a pancake and as I said earlier the trick is in the heat of the tray of fat.

As far as knocking Americans I wish people would stop it --

Naan bread is kinda ok but the bees knees is Lebanses bread with houmus.

Naan bread is also ubiquitous in Malaysia were I am now which is good that Malayaia has adopted other nationalities cuisine becaue there own is utter crap. 

Naan bread is made in a tika oven and rolled by hand , usually by a dirty Indian  individual while he picks his nose. The yellow bits in the bread need to be ignored for full flavour enjoyment.

Hygene is not something Indians think much about hence the name Delly belly.

The curries that India eat is breakfast lunch and dinner, the rest would be curried, if they can afford it. However curry did not originate from India but the British Army stationed there.

The meat was so ransid the chef spiced it incresingly until curry was born.

India ia great place to go for a few minutes if you have some bicycle clips on your trousers.

Eggwood railway sation in Chennia is nice now they bulldozed the streets of crap and the old dead woman that was there 3 days.  No Im not joking.
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 01:29:17 am
[quote author=Chasfield
  Naan bread is made in a tika oven and rolled by hand , usually by a dirty Indian  individual while he picks his nose. The yellow bits in the bread need to be ignored for full flavour enjoyment.

Hygene is not something Indians think much about hence the name Delly belly.

The curries that India eat is breakfast lunch and dinner, the rest would be curried, if they can afford it. However curry did not originate from India but the British Army stationed there.

The meat was so ransid the chef spiced it incresingly until curry was born.

India ia great place to go for a few minutes if you have some bicycle clips on your trousers.

I am trying to make up my mind if should laugh at you or with you.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 02:22:43 am
Is this the kinda food your talking about Clamp?
Not supposed to use a fork, just your hands....I asked for a fork and enjoyed a 5 star meal.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 02:58:46 am
Yep thats about it, spread out on a banana leaf. like horse manure and similar aroma.

But dont use your left hand thats for wiping your arse with, all hell will let loose if you use or put your left hand near food.

Same as offering your left to shake hands.

I know a lot of you septics are left handed,--makes no difference normal peope are right handed.

You should be able to use both hands then you become ambiguous.

I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 03:38:33 pm
After receiving good advise, I think it best I leave Yorkshire Pudding to the experts.

My friends wife enjoys some "British style " cooking. She uses Leaks instead of onions.I will ask her to make some for me.

She owes me a favor, while I was traveling in Canada ,I purchased her some "Birds Powered Custard" ...can't find that in Alaska...or not cheaply.

Speaking of bland food, thought Canada could kick it up a notch, ...the people are very kind so I didn't say anything.
That would be "Custards Instant Bird Powder". Oh and remember......."If you don't eat yer' puddin' how can yer' ave' any meat". ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Robert & REnfield in Michigan. (I think i will make some Yorkshire Pud tonight)