Author Topic: what do you think these things are worth ,,  (Read 1202 times)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 12:36:49 am
they are RE and one appears to be off a flying flea

scarecrow

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 01:36:03 am
ya i kinda figured that.been tryin to research these engines for a cpl days now.just found this forum.dont know the year on the flea tho.the old mag eng is the one thats got my attention the most tho.as far as i can tell due to the limited info i can find online it seems to be a 20's era eng.does anyone know who would be a good source to talk to in the south east about them?im in s.c. the guy i got them from is a custumer of mine who said he had 2 enfield engines an that i could have them if i wanted them i build bobbers an i was assuming the were old bullets.i was wrong.but none the less they a cool part of bike history i just cant use them in my project.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:38:07 am
I am no help for estimating price . They are very interesting. Looks like someone took time to build a nice box, then left them out doors.

What do you know about them?
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

scarecrow

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 01:42:14 am
absolutely nothing lol.they have been in that box since the end of WWII is all i know.the last 20 yrs or so they have been in that box in a garage.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 01:55:33 pm
I have no idea what they are worth, but I'd sure like to have tham! :D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

scarecrow

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 08:04:17 pm
ok so i got them today.the one i thought was a flea isnt.its a 1936 dkw km 200 i belive.the other is in fact a 20's era 201.and it is complete,gear box carb all there.it turns over an has compression.any body interested?im open to offers.also some of the orig. frame and mounds are there is well.the dkw turns over as well and is also complete.

Maturin

• Grand Gearhead
  • My Precious
Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 09:27:59 pm
DKW! Pre-war! It´s a long way from Zschopau to Kentucky - congratulation scarecrow, you´re probably the only one in your homestate who has one  ;D
But where is the rest of these bikes?
That´s what the KM 200 could look like:
http://bikes.hallo-paul.de/KM200.htm
Actually the KM is not very rare (for a pre-war type) so there are many reproduction parts available - maybe I can tempt you... :D
2010 G5
A Garage without a Bullet is a empty, barren hole.

When acellerating the tears of emotion must flow off horizontally to the ears.
Walter Röhrl

scarecrow

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 11:06:51 pm
the guy that i got them from got them from an estate sale about 20/25 yrs ago.the estate was from a WWII vet that was an engineer in the army.he brought them back with him but didnt do anything with them so they have been in that box since he got back.all he brought back was the engines no frames or other parts that i know of exept what is in the box.